What's Cooking NCT Sun 4/19 to Sat 4/25/2015

Embryodad

Today was a fend for thyself day!

Tina had a Marie Calenders chopped beef and potatoes microwave dinner.

I had a fried mushroom and egg with cheese with toast and hot sauce.

Gabe had a Steak-um minute steak and cheese on toast...

Everyone was in a shlumpy mood today! We felt like Zombies ditzing around and sitting in our ez chairs watching TV and snoozing.

No mood for cooking anything half way decent today! :sad:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night we had knorr's creamy chicken flavored rice with cubed and cooked chicken breast, chopped tomatoes and basil stirred in then drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Was great. Tonight I'm having minute steak and tomato for dinner. I feel lousy due to all the rain. Family is having shrimp Alfredo.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
sheesh, I had a walking taco earlier and too much coffee before that, so Lord knows what dinner will be.. lol

Embryodad

Last night we had knorr's creamy chicken flavored rice with cubed and cooked chicken breast, chopped tomatoes and basil stirred in then drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Was great. Tonight I'm having minute steak and tomato for dinner. I feel lousy due to all the rain. Family is having shrimp Alfredo.
And I laughed when Mom and Dad would say,"Oh this weather is making my lumbago flare up!!! Tina and I are also hurting. All my knuckles, and of course the sciatic.
Instead of eating tonight, I guess it's heating pads and liniment. hahahah

Having Stuffed Green Bell Peppers actually and rice and cut green beans. *(burp)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Chicken, rice, black bean and Garden Veggies Skillet, along with Mama's fabulous salad. And there's enough left for tomorrow's dinner. The recipe called for Quinoa, but it's too damn expensive for my wallet, so I used rice. I'll leave that to the wealthy yuppies to make the grocer rich. :yum:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Embryodad

I pressed out burgers except Tina's. She complains I don't press them out right. So she pressed her own. I like my burgers pressed with the spatula while cooking too, and she frowns on that. Sometimes I press them for spite. It's a Man Thing!!!

We had cheese burgers ( we all ate the same thing for a change ) and tater tots.

Then Tina and I had Florida Corn on the cob which was great and sweet tasting. Gabe is too lazy to hold the cob and peck out the kernels of corn.
Peanut butter Cupcakes for me for dessert. Gabe had jello, and Tina had nothing.
:corn:

Saliha

Mine today:

2caux4mem969.jpg

Pork sirloin, stewed in the oven with vegetables and herbs (basil and rosemary) in the cream, gratinated by cheese.

It tastes like :bounce:

Guts

String beans onions and bacon, or maybe I should say bacon with string beans and onions. S&P to taste.

Attachments

• string beans bacon and onion 001.jpg
    string beans bacon and onion 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 200

Embryodad

Had chicken broth with rice and peas for supper!

Tina made anisette toast and we had them for dessert!

Simple and good meal.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
quinoa. 20 cents/lb. toss in a few extras (meat, veggies) & we're golden.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lipton onion burgers and pea salad for dinner here tonight.

- the burgers:just mix a lb of ground beef with 1/2 packet of the soup mix, and some ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. I eat them without buns or condiments of any kind, just a bit of butter on top.
-pea salad: thawed frozen peas, chopped onion, mayo and chopped smoked almonds.

Saliha

My supper:

the Carelian pie (its a little pastry, rye shell filled by cooked rice or mashed potato), grilled chicken leg with olive oil and green salad with chili mayonnaise.

:a1:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dialing bar to see if perogies may be on tap. then, i'll dial my guy-- he luvs 'em, too--

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We got one of the new pizzas from Pizza Hut, the Garden Party.
It's awesome with the pretzel crust.

Embryodad

Mommy T threw a lasagna together today!... It was good. And filling; after this hog ate three big pieces, and then fell asleep in the recliner. Now I am up, and wide awake....and Hungry!

Embryodad

Sass.... the pizza sounds great!...
We tried a little Caesars Bacon Crust Pizza deep deep dish pizza the other day!
Not Bad, but way too doughy in the middle. ( Raw Dough )

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Your burgers and pea salad sound yummy.

Is Pizza Hut the one that has a bunch of different crusts to choose from?
We don't get PH often because there isn't one close by.

Sass.... the pizza sounds great!...
We tried a little Caesars Bacon Crust Pizza deep deep dish pizza the other day!
Not Bad, but way too doughy in the middle. ( Raw Dough )

I was looking at that but it sounded like it would be greasy and to thick. I like thin crust except maybe once a year I get a Sicilian pie (ask for it crispy).

Embryodad

Your burgers and pea salad sound yummy.

Is Pizza Hut the one that has a bunch of different crusts to choose from?
We don't get PH often because there isn't one close by.

I was looking at that but it sounded like it would be greasy and to thick. I like thin crust except maybe once a year I get a Sicilian pie (ask for it crispy).
Unbelievably... it was not greasy. I think they may pre-cook the bacon first.
They spread crumbled bacon on top, and pepperoni of 2 thin slices per slice ( 8 slices square ) Way too doughy in the center for me.
hahahaha.... I have a cousin Tony, that loves pizza, but is weird the way he eats it. My mom would make pizza, and he slid the sauce and cheese and topping off the pizza, and then would bite just the white doughy side of the pizza all off the slice or square, and then throw the bottom crust, and side crust away! .... &^%$*&^%* MY MOTHER SAID....Anthony, that's it! "You can Not Have my pizza any more!" How Dare you Eat it like that, and waste all the good stuff!" .... His Mom, (Aunt Angie) said,"Oh, He eats it like that all the time!" ..... My Mom Said,"Well Sis, he won't EVER eat MY Pizza like that!"

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Unbelievably... it was not greasy. I think they may pre-cook the bacon first.
They spread crumbled bacon on top, and pepperoni of 2 thin slices per slice ( 8 slices square ) Way too doughy in the center for me.
hahahaha.... I have a cousin Tony, that loves pizza, but is weird the way he eats it. My mom would make pizza, and he slid the sauce and cheese and topping off the pizza, and then would bite just the white doughy side of the pizza all off the slice or square, and then throw the bottom crust, and side crust away! .... &^%$*&^%* MY MOTHER SAID....Anthony, that's it! "You can Not Have my pizza any more!" How Dare you Eat it like that, and waste all the good stuff!" .... His Mom, (Aunt Angie) said,"Oh, He eats it like that all the time!" ..... My Mom Said,"Well Sis, he won't EVER eat MY Pizza like that!"

YIKES! He should just eat pizza fritta! Wait did he eat the topping?

BTW I have an aunt Angela also LOL

Embryodad

YIKES! He should just eat pizza fritta! Wait did he eat the topping?

BTW I have an aunt Angela also LOL
Haaaa.... No, he threw it away. Took a fork, and scraped it off in the garbage can.
My Brother and I almost choked laughing, but within an instant, we knew what was gonna happen. My Mother almost cried!

Aunt Angie lived upstairs from us on the second floor. Aunt Angie used to brag...." My Anthony Eats 5 eggs, uh huh!" .... Boy, he's a good eater she said! ... Well, we found out that he would eat the Yolk by dipping his 4 slices of toast into it, and then Throw away the rest!" ..... Easy Come, Easy Go, my mom used to say!! ...