What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 3/22/15 to Sat. 3/28/15.

Shermie

Site Supporter
What's cooking this week, guys & gals?

I haven't decided yet on what I'm going to make. :WitchBrewsSmiley::weber: :blob_blue:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Making some fried yellow rice with chopped onions, celery, green pepper, cheddar cheese & ham!

Should be good!! :wow::cooking::mrgreen:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Broccoli chicken stir fry with pineapple & fried rice. Side salad as well.

Attachments

• Dinner 032315.jpg
    Dinner 032315.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 282

Embryodad

I had shells for supper tonight....A simple medium shells, cooked, and drained, added cool water and 1/4 stick of butter. Ate them like soup.
I had three small dishes, and Then..... Drank the butter juice from the dish!
Oh! So! Good! ..... Had a Brownie and a coffee, and I'm relaxing now.

I served Tina ( Sickly yesterday and today ) a small bowl. So Far So Good. She's holding it in. She must have an intestinal bug or something.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Swedish meatballs, buttered egg noodles and steamed buttered baby spinach.

Embryodad

Swedish meatballs, buttered egg noodles and steamed buttered baby spinach.
Sounds Great peeps.....

OMG... Remember the thread on one of the other Cooking Forums about Swedish Meatballs??? .... i.e. Don't use this, and Must use that, or they are Not real Swedish Meatballs!!!..... hahahahahaha
It was Funnn-eeee!!!

As a matter of fact...I forgot! ... I made Egg Plant Meatballs today for lunch!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made some bread & sandwich thins today, then my 5-cheese whole wheat ravioli with a salad and garlic toast for dinner. There were no prisoners taken for breakfast.
brows.gif

attachment.php
attachment.php

Embryodad

Made some bread & sandwich thins today, then my 5-cheese whole wheat ravioli with a salad and garlic toast for dinner. There were no prisoners taken for breakfast.
brows.gif

attachment.php
attachment.php
Delicious looking,,, and that sauce...Ummm! We call that kind of sauce,"An Eatin Sauce!"

Why??/... Because you can pick it up with a fork and eat it and not have it run off the fork!

Great loaves of bread too!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i needed to pass on a grocery trip, so i'm gonna see if dear-bartentender'll lend me a few in tips so i can schooch on over to buy pierogies. i'll take her a few once i make 'em. if she is not on tonite, i'll dial her cell, or make a salad via my fridge.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Delicious looking,,, and that sauce...Ummm! We call that kind of sauce,"An Eatin Sauce!"

Why??/... Because you can pick it up with a fork and eat it and not have it run off the fork!

Great loaves of bread too!!!

Thanks, Jimmy. I gauge when my sauce is done by its taste, and when the wooden spoon stands on its own in the center of the pot. I don't like a watery sauce.

Attachments

• Marinara 212414.jpg
    Marinara 212414.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 178

Embryodad

Thanks, Jimmy. I gauge when my sauce is done by its taste, and when the wooden spoon stands on its own in the center of the pot. I don't like a watery sauce.
We do the same thing Joe....
Another thing is, and I try to explain this to the wife and kids. "Once the sauce is nice and thick; (Not Burned, or you may as well flush it); then if you put the meatballs in to cook, the water will come out of the meatballs and cause the sauce to water down a bit!"

The only time I make a loose sauce, is like when I make a seafood gumbo; and then I like the sauce to be like a brodo!

BTW...hahahahha....Did you notice? ... Your Pot of Sauce has Feet!! LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Dad's meat sauce was awesome. he made a great sauce. people luved my Dad's sauce. i'm dialing him.

years ago, he hears 'marinara'; via television. suddenly, my Dad re-names his spaghetti sauce, 'marinara'. sigh.
i say, 'Dad.' 'marinara, - that means 'meatless'. that is not marinara sauce.'

1st time in my life i think he let me be correct.

we now have that re-adoption of that titile of spaghetti sauce-- his silent way of saying that i was correct & he was not. yeah, it's, is pasta sauce, dagnabbit, Dad- not meatless, tho~
& i'm making pasta if cabbage rolls aren't on tonite. nom, either way. huh~

Last edited:

Embryodad

Had chili cheese dogs....
I made mommy Tina a open face toasted cheese. She was sickly past 5 day's with stomach and intestinal inflammation. She is just starting to be able to eat some stuff.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We do the same thing Joe....
Another thing is, and I try to explain this to the wife and kids. "Once the sauce is nice and thick; (Not Burned, or you may as well flush it); then if you put the meatballs in to cook, the water will come out of the meatballs and cause the sauce to water down a bit!"

The only time I make a loose sauce, is like when I make a seafood gumbo; and then I like the sauce to be like a brodo!

BTW...hahahahha....Did you notice? ... Your Pot of Sauce has Feet!! LOL

ROFLMAO!!!!! I better start checking my pictures more closely before posting. Too funny....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Eggplant Parm at Olive Garden Thursday. Wife had a gift card from Christmas that she wanted to use. The eggplant couldn't have been thinner, nor their excuse for a sauce thinner either. Now I remember why I don't go there.

Last night was the last night for the church fish fry, so that was dinner.

Shermie

Site Supporter
JoeV, I never thought to do that, but the very next time that I make Marinara Sauce, I probably will!

And I don't like watery sauce either - hence the reason behind the long slow simmering process. I let my sauce simmer for about 4 hours or more. And now, with the Never-Burn Stock Pot, I just put everything in the pot while it is cold, turn the burner on & adjust the heat to a low flame!

Takes a bit longer to come up to the simmer stage, but when the sauce is done, it is well worth it!! Nice and thick! :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Attachments

• Marinara%20212414.jpg
    Marinara%20212414.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 138

Shermie

Site Supporter
I love making Marinara Sauce!! :wow:

Attachments

• Marinara in Never-Burn Pot..jpg
    Marinara in Never-Burn Pot..jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 140

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Left church and decided to NOT go out to eat...too cold to be getting in and out of the car.

DW made herself a BLT & chips. I took the last of the meatloaf and coated it with some leftover spaghetti sauce, then steamed some broccoli & cauliflower.
Attached Images
attachment.php

Embryodad

Left church and decided to NOT go out to eat...too cold to be getting in and out of the car.

DW made herself a BLT & chips. I took the last of the meatloaf and coated it with some leftover spaghetti sauce, then steamed some broccoli & cauliflower.
Attached Images
attachment.php
So I guess that turns it into Italian Meatloaf, huh?"...LOL

Just like sauce on top pierogi's turns 'em into Ravioli's!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made a meatloaf and mashed taters last night for supper, and we all ate the same for a change.

Uhhh...are you in the hospital or are you a separatist when it comes to food on a plate? (Our #2 daughter is a food separatist)

We have plates like this for the grandkids.

Embryodad

Uhhh...are you in the hospital or are you a separatist when it comes to food on a plate? (Our #2 daughter is a food separatist)

We have plates like this for the grandkids.
Actually, I am an "Institutionalist"

Been locked in an institution for 48 years... In Other Words, called ( Marriage )

hahahahahaha..... No! only Joshin. ...... I don't like food playing touchy touchy on my dish!