What's Cooking NCT Sun. 3/8/15 to Sat. 3/14/15?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Went to Olive Garden for hubs birthday. I really don't like their food (it isn't the best quality) but he wanted it. They had buy one entrée take one home. I also got a bottle of their salad dressing. About the only things I like there is the salad, bread sticks and sausage and kale soup.

K

Kimchee

Ma Po Eggplant and Pork. Got the recipe from Andre Zimmern's website. This was great. I don't like the big purple eggplants, but the little 'Asian' ones are fantastic.

Attachments

• MaPoEggplant.jpg
    MaPoEggplant.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 292

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ma Po Eggplant and Pork. Got the recipe from Andre Zimmern's website. This was great. I don't like the big purple eggplants, but the little 'Asian' ones are fantastic.

That looks fantastic!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chicken fried chicken cutlet, steamed baby spinach and salad dressed with Olive Garden dressing.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Planning on Salisbury steak, mashed taters, gravy and steamed baby spinach.

K

Kimchee

Apparently I am on a ground meat Asian style kick.
Tonight was Thai Larb.

Attachments

• Larb1.jpg
    Larb1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 246

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Apparently I am on a ground meat Asian style kick.
Tonight was Thai Larb.

Had to go read about that. It sounds good, and yours looks great!

Last night I had corned beef and roasted carrots, celery, and onions...Yum!

Embryodad

Supper was a lasagna tonight that Tina made. It was so so....she didn't like it, and neither did I.
She used those no boil lasagna noodles. I hate those things. They are too soft, and too thin. I like the regular noodles, and I don't even cook them. They absorb the sauce and flavors as the lasagna bakes. It was delicious tasting, but we agreed it was a texture disaster. Oh Well! Can't win em all!

Tomorrow I am making Pizza Pies. I can't wait!

Embryodad

Went to Olive Garden for hubs birthday. I really don't like their food (it isn't the best quality) but he wanted it. They had buy one entrée take one home. I also got a bottle of their salad dressing. About the only things I like there is the salad, bread sticks and sausage and kale soup.
Peep, I went once to an olive garden.... Never again! The rest of the family liked it!
I don't like the tastes and the food is 3rd grade. I had beef that I thought came from the scrap barrel from the butchers block. I had a cup of grizzle, and a Tbs. of edible beef.
The farfalle fell apart from way way overcooking,and no salt in the pasta water when it cooked. That is a turn off as far as I'm Concerned.

We have gift certificates for the restaurant....and I told the wife, either give them to the kids, or take your friends for lunch whatever!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
fish. my Church is selling that for now. i have frog, too. is frog allowable during Lenten Fridays~ i poach my frog in lemon-butter, rather than fry in a crumb coating, so there they're sans an egg element.

pierogies, too, if i get to a pub before they sell them.

Last edited:

Embryodad

fish. my Church is selling that for now. i have frog, too. is frog allowable during Lenten Fridays~ i poach my frog in lemon-butter, rather than fry in a crumb coating, so there they're sans an egg element.

pierogies, too, if i get to a pub before they sell them.
Froggies are ok. They are amphibians .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pPFCjRPvM

Whales are Mammals .... I don't think they can be eaten on lent. hahahaha

Embryodad

The Pizza I had on mind turned into a Tuna Salad sandwiches. Diced Onion and Celery is how I like it, and with Mayo...(*Burp*!) They were good going down anyhoo!
Had Ring Dings For Dessert!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we discussed that 1 over adult beverages. he (guy near me) says frog is okay-- then says gator is not. hm. i thought they were both amphibians. i'll stick w/ seafood to un-clutter my mind, fer now. or Church-made food. nom.

Last edited:

Embryodad

we discussed that 1 over adult beverages. he (guy near me) says frog is okay-- then says gator is not. hm. i thought they were both amphibians. i'll stick w/ seafood to un-clutter my mind, fer now. or Church-made food. nom.
Don't have to worry about it now! It's after 12 Midnight, and now I could have that chipped ham and cheese on rye, with brown mustard.....yummm!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm jealous. i keep noticing 'uncured' baloney. it's none too cheap, tho. i gotta look into that one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I do the simmer method on my corned beef too, Peeps. I almost, almost tried the baked method with a mustard crust the other day...chickened out :chicken:.

I'm either going to cook salmon patties or pan fried fish tonight with broccoli and hollandaise.

Embryodad

I've got 4 cornie beefies to cook tomorrow... All in Beer! ...Yum!
I have one in the oven peppered and seasoned and wrapped in foil to change it ( by the Lucky Leprechaun ) into a Pastrami.

Today ????? whatever thou findeth, ye shall eat!