What's Cooking, NCT? Sunday, 02-15/2015 / Saturday, 02/21/2015.

Embryodad

A can of Sardines....rye bread to soak up the olive oil.
Clams oreganato...

Ring Dings (again ) for dessert.

I am still hungry, because I took a little cat nap, and woke up like a hungry Hog!
DW had a store bought chicken that she made / Served to uncle.
That is something I would have to be starving for 8 day's before I nom'd on that.
I am not a fan of chicken unless it's cooked well and dry; with no wetness.

I will have a light snack later of maybe, some cheese on crackers. Shrimp salad in the fridge sounds good too!

K

Kimchee

No pictures, but I finally channeled my inner Southern Boy. Made collards and black eyed peas for the first time.
I've eaten both at many southern and soul food restaurants, but never really liked them.
Collards always tasted a bit bitter, and the peas were bland.
In my usual way, I googled recipes for both, mined the many results for what I thought was best in them, combined them and went to cooking.
Oh My God.
I now understand when people say "give me a big mess of collards and some black eyed peas for dinner."
Ate the last of the leftovers tonight, already thinking of buying more collards. :)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
No pictures, but I finally channeled my inner Southern Boy. Made collards and black eyed peas for the first time.
I've eaten both at many southern and soul food restaurants, but never really liked them.
Collards always tasted a bit bitter, and the peas were bland.
In my usual way, I googled recipes for both, mined the many results for what I thought was best in them, combined them and went to cooking.
Oh My God.
I now understand when people say "give me a big mess of collards and some black eyed peas for dinner."
Ate the last of the leftovers tonight, already thinking of buying more collards. :)

Please post your mix and matched recipe. I love greens and beans.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Worked the first Lenten fish fry at the church last night. Spent 4 hours making pierogis & onions on the flat top grill. They estimated we did about 600 meals, sit down & take out. No time for pics, but had a nice fish dinner when the work was done. DW gave my cheek a lick when we got home, then told me take a shower because me and my clothes smelled like grilled onions....like that's a bad thing?? :yum:

Saliha

I made today Brussels sprouts soup with beef slivers and vegetables (broccoli, green beans, bell pepper, garlic).

6wftaczz4zx2.jpg