dinner sunday, 5/6/12

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
on your menu~

here, i thawed a few lamb lollipops. i think i ought thaw another pack, if blake has dinner here tonite & if he likes 'em. later for sides.
have good dinners, yinz guys!~:readytoeat:

Mr. Green Jeans

Corned beef flats were on sale for $1.88 HOO HAH! Searched some grilling recipes and that's what I plan to do. Common thread is to soak the piece for at least 2 hours then a slow cook @ 250 for about 2 hours. Will glaze with brown sugar, mustard and balsamic sauce.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
just made the simplest of dinners- fries. decided i wasn't hungry for lamb or anything else besides. so 2 plates of fries w/ sweet baby ray's, ranch w/ frank's in it, & garlic ketchup surrounding them as my dipping sauces.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made spicy meatballs and sauce to serve with linguini. Now the spicy is not making my tummy happy :blush: but it was sooooooooooooo good!!

Leni

DH came home with New York strip steaks. I'll grill those. Not sure of the sides. I think that I'll melt some blue cheese on the steaks or make some kind of sauce.

GotGarlic

DH requested meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner, so the loaf is about to go into the oven. Green salad alongside.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I fixed dh some chicken strips, rice and mixed veggies and for myself, I had a plain vanilla shake.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made another dinner for my mappetite:kiss:; just spinach/feta pierogies, garlic toast, then a sweet & salty granola bar w/ a glass of milk & a few pcs. of candy.

Embryodad

Here is the spaghetti for today with Meatballs and Sausage cut into medallians.

This was my dish X 2.

Tina made a pineapple cake so we had that. The brown sugar was crunchy. Tina didn't like that either...so that recipe was a throw away.

We cleaned the refridge the other day because DW broke a large container of Mushroom soup on / inside it.
I got yelled at for getting the handle dirty with smudges because I work around the house and on the car etc. and I come in for a drink and smudge the handle. No big deal!!! I say just wipe it off if it gets smudged. Well NOoooooo!!!! I wrapped the handle with tin foil. .... When DW saw that, she had a cow!

It lasted 1 hour till she saw the handle. Personally I saw nothing wrong with it! :blob_blue:
Of course, I use newspaper for a place mat...so what do I know? :)

6aa8cedc.jpg

df40bbab.jpg

Ha Ha Ha ....I just loved it. Nice fancy handle!! :wow:

a7554712.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LOL!! Jimmy @ the fridge handle!!
Love your sketti and cake!

I made b/s chicken tatas in the oven- then on the grill pan for flare don'tcha know... with Kraft honey bbq sauce because it was on sale for .99 a bottle lol
Mac salad and tater chips too..chippies are Mike-sell's Creamy Sweet Onion.
I love those things, and plan to finish off the bag later!
Oh and I bought new plates today, one green the other blue with brown edges.
Doesn't take a whole lot to thrill me lol

2012-05-06 20-17-25.495.jpg

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I wish I had something on par with y'alls dinner, I had take out:(

It was good, but I feel like I just ate, to eat. Hadn't eaten all weekend, and had to do something, but it wasn't anything that "hit the spot".

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I wish I had something on par with y'alls dinner, I had take out:(

It was good, but I feel like I just ate, to eat. Hadn't eaten all weekend, and had to do something, but it wasn't anything that "hit the spot".

Ralph, I eat take out most of the time when I work, so I feel your pain.
Usually it's Chinese... and it's cold by the time I get to it.. then it's like okay.. it was something to fill me.. but it doesn't last long.

What hit your (lost) spot, by the way?

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Ralph, I eat take out most of the time when I work, so I feel your pain.
Usually it's Chinese... and it's cold by the time I get to it.. then it's like okay.. it was something to fill me.. but it doesn't last long.

What hit your (lost) spot, by the way?

Well, I did Chinese. I have a multitude of options, but, it was just closest, and to their credit, pretty darn good.

Got Hot, Tangy Won Tons, an order of General Tso, and some mu-shu pancakes.

The pancakes are for leftovers. I like doing some refreshed steamed white rice, the generals chicken, some fresh chopped green onion, and some shredded carrot all wrapped up in the mu-shu pancake, like a burrito a la Chinese, and its pretty darned good.

I am just in a Culinary funk, honestly. I am bored with food, and really need a cleanse of the palate somehow. I think, I am just bored in general, and I need to get away for a bit to re-center(woe is me, I know, and I am sorry), but yeah, I just feel like I'm in a funk. Too much on the brain. it's a sad day when even Food seems like a chore, and like a little kid, I say internally, "do I hafft-taaa?" lol.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I did Chinese. I have a multitude of options, but, it was just closest, and to their credit, pretty darn good.

Got Hot, Tangy Won Tons, an order of General Tso, and some mu-shu pancakes.

The pancakes are for leftovers. I like doing some refreshed steamed white rice, the generals chicken, some fresh chopped green onion, and some shredded carrot all wrapped up in the mu-shu pancake, like a burrito a la Chinese, and its pretty darned good.

I am just in a Culinary funk, honestly. I am bored with food, and really need a cleanse of the palate somehow. I think, I am just bored in general, and I need to get away for a bit to re-center(woe is me, I know, and I am sorry), but yeah, I just feel like I'm in a funk. Too much on the brain. it's a sad day when even Food seems like a chore, and like a little kid, I say internally, "do I hafft-taaa?" lol.

I've never been in a culinary funk, because I don't consider myself that good a 'cook' speaking >>>gastronomy<<<, but when I feel like cooking I 'doIT' in hopes it pleases the palate.
Uh huh.. got a lot of 'dem days when I say oh whatever.. shove something in the pie hole and call it dinner, breakfast.. whatever..
Something to sustain you.. get you through another day..

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I really wish I had gotten breakfast. I have had a little niggle for some good breakfast lately, and personally, I LOVE Breakfast-Dinner! It's silly, I am around food for 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, and I think that has played a large part in my food boredom. It's never that there isn't anything TO eat, it's just that there isn't anything I WANT to eat.

I am pretty sure it is a side effect of the industry, and this certainly isn't the first time I have been "meh" to food, but my common "GO TO" dishes, that seem to ALWAYS refresh/recharge/re-inspire/re-invigorated, have all left me slightly unfulfilled.

Jesus, talk about first world problems, I feel like such a douche complaining about food, not because of "the lack there of", when there are so many that are just happy to eat. period. WTF. I need to just STFU, and be grateful for food. period.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ralph, go make yourself a pbj.. and smile, sweetheart..
It's all going to feel better someday.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, geez,:yum:, male interior decorating 101 is straight ahead, end of the hall. dinner looks great, tho.

dinner looks yummy, lollie.

uncleralph, i know all 'bout those culinary blahs. i say i lost my oomph when that hits. kudos to yinz for shoving food as ur s'possed to when u hafta get some kinda food in- i'm incrediously fussy. to the point that if i'm hungry for unsliced bread & i only have sliced, the exact same bread by exact same co., or if i'm hungry for spinach spaghetti & only have plain, i'll drink a supplement rather than make that pasta.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, I have a black fridge that I'm forever leaving a flour trail on.:D DW is forever cleaning up behind me before I can get to it myself. I guess it makes them feel useful in the kitchen or something.:hide: Ralph, I hope I don't catch what you and Luvs got. That has to suck bigtime.

Anyway, here's last nights walleye dinner. DS cut up all the fish into smaller pieces and cooked it all. No complaints from me.

Dinner050612.jpg