Saturdays Menu

Leni

It's overcast and drizzling today. Perfect for home made soup. I've got leftover ham and that split pea soup sounds really good.

Embryodad

3/31/2012 Saturday..What's on the table today?

I am having grilled NY Strip steak on the grill outside.

Only 40º out...but its a must to grill that baby...

I have noodles with gravy from leftovers, and I'll heat that up.

DW..Son ... DIL..and GD went to one of those Meal and a Movie things in Bridgewater, NJ..

It is a theater with tables, and they serve you your meal and drinks whilst a movie is played on the screen....
I opted out!... that is NOT for me...
I'll sit and watch TV..in my own house, and not have to embarass people because of my eating method (s). :corn:

SOoooo...What plans have Ye on this glorious day? :corny:

Leni

Re: 3/31/2012 Saturday..What's on the table today?

Great minds think alike. We both posted at exactly the same time.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

We're getting together with 4 of the neighbors tonight at our next door neighbor's home. I was asked to bring pizza dough, so I guess we're having pizza and...

Oh, I'm also taking the no-knead cinnamon rolls that I made this morning.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

I have NO CLUE yet BUT I WANT NY strip steak!!

Embryodad

We're getting together with 4 of the neighbors tonight at our next door neighbor's home. I was asked to bring pizza dough, so I guess we're having pizza and...

Oh, I'm also taking the no-knead cinnamon rolls that I made this morning.
Joe...pull an early April Fools...Bring a couple doughs in the blue tubes, and say,"Here's the dough; thanks to the Dough Boy!"

DW buys them, and they are gosh awefull ! DW says,"Not bad in a pinch!"
I say,"Yeah! Get the claw off my neck!"... Please!

Embryodad

I have NO CLUE yet BUT I WANT NY strip steak!!
peep...that is the perfect reason why I am having a NY Strip today; because of what you have been saying.
"T" lady bought two small ones. She doesn't tolerate beef; so she will taste a teaspoon of one..and I get the rest.

Like the Hungry Mans Meal..only Not Swansons.

Embryodad

:weber: I fired up the old Grill...and cooked two NY Strip Steaks.

Just had Bread ( Whole Wheat ) and butter with the steaks.

DW had 1/8 of the other steak. She didn't even finish that. :huh:

It really hit the spot after wishing for that for like 3 months now.

I don't know what it is...but I enjoy a steak more so in the Summer or the warmer weather. Not like it was warm today, but it was either do or die with those steaks.. L O L ..

5395c27d.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I merged the threads since they both seemed to be about dinner tonight....

Lou and I haven't had a day off since the 18th...and we don't get a day off till easter..
Yet...
I'm making osso bucco tonight, served over grits. First course is roasted duo of beets with goat cheese and mission figs.

I have some chocolate mousse cake for dessert.

Right now...mojiotos!

Leni

Vera if I lived around the corner from you I'd never leave your restraunt. I'd be sitting in that corner table knitting until the next meal.

Leni

My daughter in law came down from the mountains today along with my son. We went to Costo's and split a lot of items. Their chicken Alfredo was very good. I also fried asperagus in butter and sesame seed.

GotGarlic

It was a chilly day, so I made German sausage and potato soup; we ate it with toasted rosemary-Parmesan focaccia I made a few days ago.

Market had nice Cod filets, so coated one with Panko breadcrumbs, lemon butter, & chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley; then baked. Served with buttered broccoli, a Knorr's garlic noodle side, & a green salad.