"Anything Special For The Labor Day?"

Embryodad

Not a word yet from anyone here about how the Labor Day Holiday will be spent....

I'm just laying low, and will make some things like Macaroni Salad.
I've got a pot of sloppy joe's cooking....Just to have in case the Lightbulb Lights or the fire erupts under one of the Family Members Hind End all of a sudden.

It appears to me, that the kids for one, can not Plan Outside the box in thinking, anyway. Not....The...Planning...Type I guess???

I'm too tired and Mom is too tired to do all the planning and prepping and decisions.

I know sometimes everyone has their own thing, but It always winds up with the Guilt Trip forwarded toward Me or Mommy "T".

Mommy "T" will get some dogs and Hamburger Rolls and Hot dog rolls. and we have them on hand generally anyway.

So .... Any one else have super plans or quiet plans???

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Saturday - Painting for a friend. Installing new fish pond falls pump.

Sunday - Monday - Hopefully woodworking.

Hopefully a BBQ in there someplace. I have not zeroed in on what.

Embryodad

Saturday - Painting for a friend. Installing new fish pond falls pump.

Sunday - Monday - Hopefully woodworking.

Hopefully a BBQ in there someplace. I have not zeroed in on what.
It looks like you have your work cut out for you!......

I'm sure you will sneak a BBQ in there someplace. LOL

PanchoHambre

looks like I will have to go into the office for at least one day... fortunately the weather looks crap anyway. Otherwise will try to do some landscaping.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Well, part of the planned workshop work will be installing me new wood lather. I never turned before and I am looking forward to it.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Right now, the weather people are tracking 'tropical depression #13', so we're looking at 8-15 inches of rain between today and Tuesday. In between all that, New Orleans is celebrating Southern Decadence!! So, between dodging the rain, I'm hoping to be mad busy. May open on Sunday and close on Monday. Today will tell.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope you stay dry and busy VB!

We've got a few projects around the house that need completed. We finished painting and putting down the bamboo floors in the master bedroom a while back but have yet to put down the quarter round and the thresholds. We need to cut a little more clearance off the bottom of the door. The closet organizer is in but we still need to get and put up the closet doors. I'll be so glad when the bedroom is finally be done. Hopefully we'll get that done this weekend.

Between all that, I plan to do some grilling. I've got some wings and country style ribs.

Embryodad

Well, part of the planned workshop work will be installing me new wood lather. I never turned before and I am looking forward to it.

That can be an interesting Hobby! ... I had a friend that ordered a "Shopmate" I think it's called ( Lathe ) for wood turning / spindle making etc. , and he went into it whole hog making like these little milking stools, and some for kids. He and his wife sold them at the local flea market, and his stools became so in demand, he could not make them fast enough. He has since given that up, but he made enough to buy a new big boat.

Right now, the weather people are tracking 'tropical depression #13', so we're looking at 8-15 inches of rain between today and Tuesday. In between all that, New Orleans is celebrating Southern Decadence!! So, between dodging the rain, I'm hoping to be mad busy. May open on Sunday and close on Monday. Today will tell.

Vera...We will be praying for the rains to run out soon and lose the destructive power.
Just be careful.
I hope you stay dry and busy VB!

We've got a few projects around the house that need completed. We finished painting and putting down the bamboo floors in the master bedroom a while back but have yet to put down the quarter round and the thresholds. We need to cut a little more clearance off the bottom of the door. The closet organizer is in but we still need to get and put up the closet doors. I'll be so glad when the bedroom is finally be done. Hopefully we'll get that done this weekend.

Between all that, I plan to do some grilling. I've got some wings and country style ribs.

Ha Ha Ha ...Mama..sounds like the never ending dilema in this house.
slowly...ever so slowly..it is getting done.

The floor in the kitchen is down 2 years now, and I still have to install the base moulding on all the toe kicks of the cabinets. It's all cut and ready, but thee old knees isn't ready.
the Mrs. said,"Hon..even if you put one moulding down a week..you could have it done in 12 weeks..!" ... She is right, but I said one hour on the knees...and 6 days to recouperate from the pain. That should put everything on schedule. hahahahahahahaha

Not over with that...then the floor (wood) goes down in the living room.
I told Tina..."Tina...Call The Mannn!" she said,"Can't we do it ourse.... NO NO NO...Tina I said,"CALLLL THE MANNNNN!!!!

Just like Andy Griffith episode when the Freezer broke, and aunt Bea wanted to have Gomer look at it....hahahahahahaha , and Andy said,"NOooooo Aunnnnt Beaaaa...Cawl The Mayannn!

I could watch that episode over and over.

Calicolady

Oh Vera,
I just saw this morning the storm is expected to drop 10"-20" of rain in the whole upper gulf region and could become Hurricane Lee.
That sucks. Good luck with your weekend. I say open Sunday and enjoy Monday.
(Can you imagine what 10"-20" of rain translates to in snow? OMG!)

:bbq3:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ha Ha Ha ...Mama..sounds like the never ending dilema in this house.
slowly...ever so slowly..it is getting done.

The floor in the kitchen is down 2 years now, and I still have to install the base moulding on all the toe kicks of the cabinets. It's all cut and ready, but thee old knees isn't ready.
the Mrs. said,"Hon..even if you put one moulding down a week..you could have it done in 12 weeks..!" ... She is right, but I said one hour on the knees...and 6 days to recouperate from the pain. That should put everything on schedule. hahahahahahahaha

Not over with that...then the floor (wood) goes down in the living room.
I told Tina..."Tina...Call The Mannn!" she said,"Can't we do it ourse.... NO NO NO...Tina I said,"CALLLL THE MANNNNN!!!!

Just like Andy Griffith episode when the Freezer broke, and aunt Bea wanted to have Gomer look at it....hahahahahahaha , and Andy said,"NOooooo Aunnnnt Beaaaa...Cawl The Mayannn!

I could watch that episode over and over.

Sounds just like my house Jimmy :lol: The floor has been done about 3 months. I kept trying to get DH to put down the quarter round before the new furniture came telling him it would be a lot easier to do in an empty room. He had a month but kept putting it off and now he's been putting it off saying the furniture is too heavy to move :huh:. He did get the quarter round and stain it to match the floor.....it looks really nice...problem is, it's still in the garage.

K

Kimchee

install bathroom vanities & fixtures.
install new switchplates throughout house.
waterseal the deck.
wonder why my Check Engine light is on.
switch out 5 old doorknobs for new.
change out a few light fixtures.
wonder how I am going to get a pickup load and a half into a single load.
clean stove.
clean fridge.
paint front door.
and the list goes on.

Just love prepping a house to put on the market so it can sell for way
less than we put into it. Yee. Haw.

might squeeze in a bit of cooking time too! :)

Embryodad

Sounds just like my house Jimmy :lol: The floor has been done about 3 months. I kept trying to get DH to put down the quarter round before the new furniture came telling him it would be a lot easier to do in an empty room. He had a month but kept putting it off and now he's been putting it off saying the furniture is too heavy to move :huh:. He did get the quarter round and stain it to match the floor.....it looks really nice...problem is, it's still in the garage.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .....And Ha forever....

Embryodad

waterseal the deck.
clean stove.
clean fridge.
paint front door.
and the list goes on.

the Mrs. said,"Isn't it nice how we have to fix it up for the next people? hahahaha

When I moved in here....it was nothing but do this and fix that. The people before us never fixed a thing. that was like 38 years ago though,.

FooD

Besides bbq'ing throughout the weekend I'm going to continue demolishing our 200 sq ft sunroom and the completely rotted wood decking beneath it. I will eventually grade that spot, block wall it, and turn it into a concrete patio. Then I'll build a pergola there.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
OOOOoooo...that sounds like it's gonna be really nice FooD!

I feel your pain Kimchee.

Leni

DH and I leave Sunday for the beach for a week. Not sure what I will cook for Labor Day but whatever it is it will be simple. Unfinished chores will be addressed the following week.

Nancy-MD

Vera, that's a lot of rain! I hope the weathermen are wrong and the totals aren't as much as they are predicting. Stay safe and have a great weekend business-wise.

Everyone has lots of home projects going! I am happy to say all of mine are finished, but my DH is getting back into racing pigeons and he has been building the Taj Mahal of pigeon lofts for the past 2 months. He's just about done and then he will buy his pigeons. *somebody shoot me now*
I'll have a cookout for my family and a few friends on Monday. I am not looking forward to the preparation this time around, it really wears me out. I should just stop having them, but I enjoy entertaining very much - if only my body would cooperate.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!

waterseal the deck.
clean stove.
clean fridge.
paint front door.
and the list goes on.

Your list sounds similar to mine. Too bad you can't rent it out until the market turns around. I'm still waiting, & waiting, & waiting. Meanwhile, I may get a handyman to help finish up w/ last year's rain damage, etc. *sigh* I need to run some errands, but the temps have been, & continue to be, close to 100 deg. Just chillin' at home right now.

I jus watched the News. If you're heading in or out of town to Vegas etc, there's a huge fire around the Cajon Pass (near the I-15). Check the traffic reports first. Stay safe, & have a great weekend..

Embryodad

Well.... I guess so far, we will be having a Mommy & Daddy Labor Day Weekend Celebration....All by ourselves! LOL

Son & DIL.... weekend doing Ripout of the Kitchen. Right down to the walls and the floor joists.
They got a 20 cu.Yd. dumpster to fill, and that is the extent for them.

DD.. took her sausage and chicken that mommy bought for them, and I guess it's a riot party on the chasing of the sheep on the farm with their 4 wheelers, and a bonfire; smokin weiners, and suckin suds and sour mash.

I've got the mac salad made...just have the potato to make for DW. She likes that better than mac salad.

DW picked up fresh hot dogs, and dog & ham Buns..so we are pretty much set.
I have a few brews in the refer, and that's about it till further point (s) in time forward.

It was a bad day for DW today.
Poor thing struggled ironing the new curtains for the Liv. Rm. with her left hand, and when she put up the one side...the so called Vallence fillers were the wrong size. (Height)...She was p...i....s...s...e...d...

I snorted a snicker snot giggle, and that blew the whole afternoons worth of J $ T communications. It's 9:00P and she's just starting to communicate with me.

Oh well,.....such is life. And it's misery side. L O L

Right now, I'm headin for the utility room, to separate, package and seal the sausage for freezing. Hamburger too.

lilylove

Saturday... going to the fair and rodeo
Sunday .. errands... shopping and other fun stuff and then packing
Monday.. going to the airport boarding the plane at 6:30 am Arriving in Mexico at 2:00PM...
and after that for the next 2 weeks... laying on the beach in the sun while drinking pina coladas and visiting with friends. :) :)