What's for dinner, Wednesday, January 4, 2012?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Took out a 1-1/2# chunk of boneless ham to thaw. No clue beyond that. DW is off today, so she may want to make scalloped taters to go with it. We'll see when she gets back from the store. Maybe some kind of creamy ham and potato casserole...hmmmmmm. That actually sounds pretty good. I'll bet some broccoli in it would be good as well. I'll have to check with "She who must be obeyed" before making a cabinet level decision like that on her day off.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's national spaghetti day but I really don't want spaghetti so, since I've got a whole chicken thawed out, it's probably going to be baked with stuffing, broccoli and leftover mashed potatoes.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have a green bell pepper, red onion, mushroom caps, green onions, red and yukon potates to use. Maybe home fries, eggs and biscuits (maybe bacon also) or salad, home fries and pork loin chops. I'll decide later.

Dessert will be homemade Lemon Meringue Pie I made late last night/early morning.

lemon_meringue_pie_P1090260.jpg

lemon_meringue_slice_P1090265.jpg

Leni

Either I'll make carnitas again tonight or I'll take the roast, pull it apart, and then add BBQ sauce for a pulled pork sandwich. I left the roast in the crockpot on warm all night so that the meat should be really tender.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pretty pie, Peep!

I have some chicken legs that I'm going to cook in the oven with the Kraft Extra Crispy Oven Fry. Not sure what else, probably broccoli

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pretty pie, Peep!

I have some chicken legs that I'm going to cook in the oven with the Kraft Extra Crispy Oven Fry. Not sure what else, probably broccoli
Thank you cooksie.

I haven't tried that kraft crispy oven fry. Is it spicy?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Fran picked up a couple of fillets that should go nicely with asparagus and a baked potato.

Embryodad

I have a green bell pepper, red onion, mushroom caps, green onions, red and yukon potates to use. Maybe home fries, eggs and biscuits (maybe bacon also) or salad, home fries and pork loin chops. I'll decide later.

Dessert will be homemade Lemon Meringue Pie I made late last night/early morning.

lemon_meringue_pie_P1090260.jpg

lemon_meringue_slice_P1090265.jpg

Ooooo! My mouth cheeks are quincing..." " " "

Nice Pie peep....I love lemon pie!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ooooo! My mouth cheeks are quincing..." " " "

Nice Pie peep....I love lemon pie!
Thank you nan and Jimmy. It was nice and tart.

I went with sauteed mushrooms, onion, green peppers egg scramble with sliced tomato on the side.

That steak sounds yummy Buzz.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I ended up making a cheesy ham & potato casserole with a cheddar cheese cream sauce, with a side of broccoli and DW's "Garbage Salad" (everything but the kitchen sink). Not a fancy meal, but very tasty and enough for dinner tomorrow.

Dinner010412.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll take a plate of that Joe and a slice of Peepers Pie...YUM!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
baked mezze penne w/ cheddar cheese sauce & broccoli

Attachments

• IMG_2696761.jpg
    IMG_2696761.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 145

Nancy-MD

Oh yum, luvs! That looks so good!

Joe, the ham and potato casserole looks good, too.

I made beef stroganoff for supper.

Attachments

• 1.4.12 beef stroganoff.jpg
    1.4.12 beef stroganoff.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 149

Embryodad

I ended up making a cheesy ham & potato casserole with a cheddar cheese cream sauce, with a side of broccoli and DW's "Garbage Salad" (everything but the kitchen sink). Not a fancy meal, but very tasty and enough for dinner tomorrow.

Dinner010412.jpg
It came out good Joe!...

Just like you said previously.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
tonight was the pasta night i see..lol

i have no idea what to call this but here's whats in it.

macaroni shells,onions caramalized,lots of garlic,fried polish sausage,diced canned tomatoes drained and topped with fresh parm.

jj22jn.jpg

Embryodad

Mommy left me all alone today... (yay)

She scooted over to PA to the restaurant supply..and shopping for bargains with my cousin..

She bought me this low calorie sissy bread. I like seven grain bread, but not this 45 calorie per slice stuff.

My goshes....I will starve to death..

Look at this teeni weeny bread....

e212b031.jpg

083f73b7.jpg

One squeeze will show how little substance is actually there.

b98c03f5.jpg

WEeeeee!!!!...Looky Here!!...a Walnut!...

I Want Man Bread...

ae732c44.jpg

That wouldn't even be enough for a squirrel to eat!!

Anyway...DW is home now, and I made us Yeast Raised Waffles on the Belgian waffle maker.

I ate thee with too much syrup and butter...and now my tummy is upset. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Embryodad

The Belgian Waffles...

9e0b08b4.jpg

Oh! DW bought me that KING syrup. It is nice and thick. I like thick syrup!

9c880833.jpg

Embryodad

tonight was the pasta night i see..lol

i have no idea what to call this but here's whats in it.

macaroni shells,onions caramalized,lots of garlic,fried polish sausage,diced canned tomatoes drained and topped with fresh parm.

jj22jn.jpg
Looks great!... I call that a "All In One"..meal

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
looks yummy bam, i have this sauce i made & froze. i just titled it, 'that one sauce'.
stroganoff- that looks good leni. haven't tried that since i was a kiddo.
pretty pie, peepz! how was it~
thanks nancy! your stroganoff, how was it- haven' tried that since i was a tot.
jimmy, the waffle looks way better than the squirrel food. used to have my Mom buy me 35-calorie bread as a teenager, take that, a slice of no-fat cheese, some spray-on 'butter' & make the 95-calorie grilled cheese. ew. ~shudder~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama and luvs. The pie filling was sweet and tart and the meringue was a bit sweet and vanilla flavored.

:wow: OMG WOW!! I want a small bit of everything you all had for dinner last night, it all looks so good. :a1:

For "National Spaghetti Day", I sauteed up some ground turkey with garlic, parsley, onions, oregano, etc., & added in a jar of "Kirkland" (Costco's own house brand) of Marinara sauce that we bought last week. Served it over some Linguini with a nice green salad on the side.

We've been happy with all of Costco's Kirkland-brand products so far, & the 3-jar pack of Marinara was at a good price, & had absolutely zero added sugar or corn syrup - all natural ingredients; no preservatives. To be perfectly honest, it really was a very nice sauce. Of course, not homemade, but I'll definitely be keeping it on hand as a pantry staple from now on.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I haven't either. I got the idea from Guts. I don't think it is, but I'll know for sure tomorrow.:cooking:

Chicken Report - Not spicy, but seasoned well, herby, maybe garlic powder, onion powder, etc. Cooked up crispy and brown.