Tragedy Strikes in Boston!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
This afternoon in Boston has been a very tragic and sad one, as a evil despicable act of terrorism has reared its ugly head near the finish line of the Boston Marathon!!

At or about 4:09pm, two explosions have rocked the city, injuring 23 people and killing two. one of the victims killed was an 8-year-old child!!

Boston Police has officially confirmed that several explosive devices were placed in the area. Two of them had detonated and two more were found that still had yet to be detonated!

The area was cleared (evacuated) and taped off. President Back Obama appeared on national TV, saying that the ones found responsible for this act of terrorism will face the full weight of justice & punishment. :sorry:

Last edited:
J

Jana

This is so devastating. Who could do such a thing? We just have to keep the victims in our thoughts and prayers.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone touched by this horrible act of terrorism.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Leni

I remember reading a sci-fi story years ago where the murderer was excuted the same way that he had killed his victim. With the slime that does this sort of thing----that's not such a bad idea.

Shermie

Site Supporter
That probably won't happen. We'll feed and house them for years then probably release them later down the road.
Don't forget, they have rights, too... sadly enough.

I would hate to disagree with you, Rick, but with all due respect, that horrendous, horrible, evil and despicable act of terrorism has caused 3 people to die . One of them was a little boy who was only 8 years old!!

He had his whole life ahead of him, and they stole his life from him! He'll never know what it's like to get a little bit older, become a teen finish school, go to college, prom, learn how to drive, get a driver's license, date, get married, have kids and buy a house!!

Did they have a right to kill this little boy, maim his sister and mom, along with injuring over 100 others as well as kill two others?

Sorry, but I never have, don't now, and WILL NOT EVER condone acts of terrorism!! Not against, nor am I upset with you at all, but because this little boy is gone, the two others and scores of other innocent people, some of them having had their limbs blown off, were severely injured, the ones responsible for this evil act, as President Barack Obama said, WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES AND WILL FEEL THE FULL WEIGHT OF JUSTICE, REGARDLESS HOW SEVERE!! :wow:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sadly, I am more believing Rick.

Yasser Arafat got a Nobel Peace prize.

Not that I think any of it is right.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a pic of the little boy who was so abruptly murdered. Three other young children (one of them, a five-year-old) survived, but they are still on the critical list. If any more of the victims should die, God forbid, then that only adds more to the list of those whose lives were taken from them.

But we should not have to hide because of this! True, you never know where they might strike again, but usually, the same kind of an attack doesn't happen again, and it probably won't because we're onto them.

Just like the 09-11-01 terror attacks. That, so far, was a one-shot chance that those 19 madmen took and got away with! Chances are, they won't do an attack like that again because now the gov't is onto them and drastic steps have been taken to keep them from getting onto a plane.

They've tried other schemes in their attempts to bring down a jumbo jetliner, but they've all failed. For instance, the shoe bomber Richard Reed, the underwear bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmatallib, and of course, the liquid bombing attempt.

The sad part about the recent attack in Boston, is that that area was supposed to have been heavily guarded with the police force!!

This however, makes the 2nd time for Boston, since on 09-11-01 two of the jetliners that were hijacked and flown into the World Trade Center in New York were launched from here at Logan Airport.

No, we can't hide because that is exactly what the one(s) who did this wants. They want us to be afraid to come outside, but I won't be afraid! :tiphat:

The al Qaeda network has been vowing revenge on this country for their leader, Osama binLaden having been killed. Maybe it was them!

Attachments

• Martin Richard.jpg
    Martin Richard.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Latest news now is that one of the bombers has been killed. The other one is still at large. They're both brothers from Russia.

Sadly, another innocent person was killed along the way - an MIT police officer!! He leaves behind a wife and a six-month-old baby!!!

The entire city is in lockdown!! Public transportation, commuter rail and Amtrak service has been suspended. Another pressure cooker was found at the scene where they are now, but the cooker appears to be undamaged.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The reign of terror is over!!

The 2nd suspect has been found and apprehended!!

People were celebrating all over the city last night, knowing that they can now rejoice and reclaim the city and surrounding towns!!

Now comes the lengthy trial, if he makes it that far, because he's been critically injured and is under constant guarded watch at a hospital so that he can't try to get away again!!

Either he's going to do life or get the death penalty for all the crap that he caused in the city!! :tiphat:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, let him die a slow death!!

This all reminds me of the DC shootings several years back!!

Leni

Years ago I read a sci-fi story that had an interesting premise. If you murdered someone, you were executed the same way you killed your victim. In this case we'd tie a bomb to him with a loud ticking clock. An evil side of me says that's what we should do.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The 2nd suspect has been officially charged yesterday with the despicable crimes that he committed.

The judge who is presiding over the case made a special trip to the hospital, along with the Boston Police, to officially read him his maranda rights and charge him accordingly.