What are you doing today?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm working ...but excited for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will start getting the boat ready to put her in the water. It is so nice and sunny here. Supposed to get up to 90 today. Summer is here really early this year.

So ....what are you up to today or in the next few days?

Leni

The weather is cool and overcast, perfect for gardening. I also have the usual housework to do. I much prefer to be in the garden.

Lefty

Yank
Rainy here most of the weekend. Volunteering Friday at our anual Space Day at one of the local high schools. Was going to order a new toy and it is out of stock everywhere. I can see me catching a few movies and relaxing the rest of the weekend.

lilylove

Mom is coming up to see the new house and to help celebrate my b-day. Shopping, dinner out... working around here setting things up.

Saturday a big birthday party for a friend of mine...
Sunday lunch with my son and mom.

Busy busy.

:)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday Lilylove!

I've been cleaning house all day.

Today is DH's birthday so I'm going to wrap a couple of beef tenderloin steaks in bacon and reverse sear them. I'll finish them on the grill as well as grill a couple of lobster tails. I made him a lemon cake which is almost ready to frost.

The weather has been amazing here. It's been hot but beautiful. My garden is flourishing. :w00t:

DD is coming to visit Saturday so we'll be celebrating his birthday again.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Well I sold some stuff. Now I have a IPA in hand and enjoying the afternoon. :)

Im also sitting here wondering where the hell everyone else is!

This afternoon I made a trip over a few towns to a large Catholic Hospital near here to visit a very dear little nun we know who is a patient there. She's the sweetest person you'll ever meet.....89-years-old, originally from France by way of Bittiford, Maine where she grew up. She's just as sharp as a tack and her memory is right on target, always. She's truly a delight.

Tomorrow I have a large legal brief to complete and then plan to spend the weekend with my nose buried in a big book I've gotten into this week. The weather is downright cold and wet......we haven't seen the sun in several days, here. I really envy you, Doc, being able to put your boat in the water and enjoy 90 degree temps, as well. Have a great time.

Happy Birthday to all the birthday people! Mama, if you need any help celebrating your husband's birthday just give me a call - provided you have enough steak and lobster tail for all. Sounds wonderful. Lucky husband! :readytoeat:

Fallon

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Today, i pulled two drops (network wiring), got an ip phone working.

The weekend is kind of undefined. I am anxiously awati.g the arrival of my great grandson Seth Adin.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's the final weekend of Jazzfest http://www.nojazzfest.com/. We've been extremely busy....just 5 days off since Christmas! Not that we have time to go to the fairgrounds for any of the music..we work work work:clap: Next week I've got an electrician coming in to move some power and equipment into the kitchen so I can add 4 more tables in the dining room:bounce:. Have to admit, wish I was putting a boat in the water, too!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am glad for you that you need more tables.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Yeah, me too.
Next she'll be buying out that place next door to expand there.

That is awesome news Vera. Congrats.
Are you allowed to put tables outside on the sidewalk? (or maybe you already do that)

AllenOK

Well, I have to work a half shift tomorrow. Might do some fishing after that. Got a new lure I want to try out to see if it will work for my target fish :) Gotta change my fishing plans this weekend, as the river has 40 K cfs coming downstream and is basically unfishable, at least where I've been fishing.

Might be putting my kayak into a lake I've never been to. It'll be the third time my boat has gotten wet this year.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Doc - Vera would be the authority. I seem to remember NOLA as pretty sticky hot outside.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Finally got the new Jacuzzi set in place. Went shopping with the Mrs after work for a new faucet, and have to drive 35 miles tomorrow to pick up at another Lowes, then I can start running the copper to the faucet.

IMG_0169.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you Fallon!

Congratulations Andy...I know you're excited!

That's awesome Vera!

Have fun fishing and kayaking Allen!

Beautiful jacuzzi Joe! I can't wait to see the finished pics!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm just relaxing, loving this weather, getting prepped for a summer project, cleaning, & catnapping. ordering my new hair colors, making a few calls.....

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Costco and Trader Joe's to stock up. I am having hand surgery next week. My dominant hand so maybe sandwich stuff.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Raining here. Can't do the boat stuff I wanted so hooking up the utility trailer and getting some mulch for mama's garden.

Leni

I'm back to the garden today. I still have 14 more tomatoes to plant and I want to plant some yellow wax beans. Later if I still the energy I'll putter in my herb garden.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hooked up the trailer and bought 3 scoops of mulch and wifey and I got it all spread out in the flower beds. Whew. Wore me out. I had procrastinated on this for as long as I could. I finally got tired of hearing "Those flower beds really need some mulch". :yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Mulching is on my to-do list for this afternoon. I hate it too, but it adds that finishing touch, just looks soooo good and it conserves water, which is a bonus around here. Yesterday afternoon I bought some purslane and vinca. Purslane :bonk: I forgot that the flowers close up every evening, oh well.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I should be doing laundry and cleaning! LOL
Nahh, I'll start on that later.
Got the next 3 days off anyway.
Leisure time for right now.
Supposed to only top the lower 70s today, and be cloudy.
As for dinner .. who knows?
Salmon or steak sounds awfully good..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
trying to adjust to this weather, for 1. i haven't really mapped my day yet. just woke to a parade goin' past my place. i figure i'll spend time with blake, call my Mom & my brother & 2 of my friends, as i haven't spoken to them lately. plus all that good stuff like make a grocery list that i won't follow & decide on the items i'm buying for this summer's wardrobe by picking them online so i can try them on @ the stores. other than that, unsure.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
thirty-one
Yeah, it's all the rage now.
My friend Linette has been bugging me to place an order, so last week I did.
What a cool hand bag this is.
Interchangeable skirts can be attached to the leather top of the "skirt purse"
I ordered the aqua paisley skirt and had my initial embroidered on.

May place orders for additional skirts down the road.
There was a tan plaid that would be nice for winter/fall.

2012-05-05 13-51-14.738.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oh, is that cute, lollie! the colors're pretty, too. i haven't begun my hunt for summer anything 'cept swim gear yet.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just launched one of the SIL's boats. It was all cleaned up and ready to go. All went a okay with this one. They are out cruising now. 1 down 4 to go.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
After a day of hard work on my part, the new Jaccuzi tub is fully plumbed and operational. DW took it for its maiden voyage last night, replete with candles and soft music, even though it's still a construction zone.
yum.gif
I don't do baths, so this is strictly her tub.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Grandaughters First Communion this morning. Family party to follow. My part cupcakes, fruit salad, linens and champagne to my son's house. Expecting 32. Cloudy here, our typical May gray which soon turns into June gloom here in So. Cal.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Finishing up the laundry--
Went to mass this morning and was amused by a little brown bat flitting around overhead during the entire service. :biggrin:

It's a beautiful 68 degrees here and sunny with a light breeze.
Going to take the dog to the park in a little while, then decide what's going to become dinner.