Well hey, good lookin'. Watchya got cookin Sat 9/26?

chowhound

I took two nice pork chops out of the freezer last night and stuck them in the fridge for tonight's dinner. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix them yet... maybe pan fried (or pan roasting I think it's technically called). And of course if I cook them in a pan, that will require I make gravy... and that will require I make mashed potatoes or french fries for said gravy... I'm finally out of broccoli, so maybe I'll fix some peas, too.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, HI, chow! I don't normally read the dinner threads, but when I saw the title of your post, I figured you were talking to ME! :wink:

I'm going in town today with a friend to see the remake of the movie Fame, and then do a little bar-hopping during innings of the Sox-Yankees game.

I know lunch will be at Jacob Wirth's, and fried pickles will be part of that.

Don't know what or where dinner will be, but it will involve a martini - it's been a rocky week for me.

Your chops and mashed with gravy sounds great!

Lee

chowhound

Oh, HI, chow! I don't normally read the dinner threads, but when I saw the title of your post, I figured you were talking to ME! :wink:

I'm going in town today with a friend to see the remake of the movie Fame, and then do a little bar-hopping during innings of the Sox-Yankees game.

I know lunch will be at Jacob Wirth's, and fried pickles will be part of that.

Don't know what or where dinner will be, but it will involve a martini - it's been a rocky week for me.

Your chops and mashed with gravy sounds great!

Lee

So do you think I should change the title so Joe V will post?
:lol::yum::yum:

Just kiddin Joe... :biggrin:

Just trying to kick off everyone's day. I had one heluva day yesterday, as if I don't have enough stress in my life, but today's a new day!

And I've decided I need an apple. I wonder if I can buy just one. I want to make an onion and apple gravy. Maybe I can grab a wild one out back that isn't too wormy.

Take your camera along Lee and post in!

buckytom

Grill Master
are your peas broken, chow? :dizzy:

i heard that watching baseball games at jacob wirth's was bad luck for the sawx. aww, that's too bad that they're gonna lose today, again.

i just wanted you to know that it wasn't all your fault, qsis... :poke:

one mo' time on a double shift saturday for me. dinner will be at 1am, from a diner. yippee?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Here's the deal over here... I have a party at work tonight for 200 people. I'm going in at 1 and probably won't be home much earlier than 10. Now, normally, I'd just eat at work, but it's Saturday, and I want to have dinner with Lou.
Some time ago, he lost a bet with me. He now finds himself in the position to make me dinner. I know he's competent in the kitchen because he actually cooked for me a few times when we first met. Then I started cooking and he stopped cooking for me.

Tonight, since the kitchen will be free and clear (I won't be hovering, in other words) Lou is making good on the bet. I have no idea what he's making and I don't know if he'll be able to film it like I do. I'm taking the camera to work.

I'll fill you in, later!

homecook

We're celebrating Heather and her hubbys' birthdays (his is Mon.).

It's his choice this year so chicken and beef enchiladas, yellow rice and salad. There will also be chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
i heard that watching baseball games at jacob wirth's was bad luck for the sawx. aww, that's too bad that they're gonna lose today, again.

i just wanted you to know that it wasn't all your fault, qsis... :poke:

Awww, I know you're just saying all that because YOU wish you were watching the game at the bar in the second oldest restaurant in Boston, ordering imported beers on tap, and knockwurst and beans, or pastrami, or corned beef or any of the hundred great German-American dishes here.

I wish you were, too! You can even bring Lefty!

GO SOX!!!!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
No idea. This was supposed to be my day off, but I agreed to go in and cover for another nurse.
It may come down to us all pitching in for a couple of large pizzas.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hey Freddie boy! If you think you can sneak the did-din thread by me with the words from that old Frankie Laine ditty, you gottanutherthingcomintoya.:yum::yum:My Mama had that song on an old 45 and used to play it all the time. One of her fav's.

It's rainin here today an I gots no idea whutz few supper. Me an da missus is headin out to Amish country to kill some time and pick up bread flour at da bulk foods store, then wander the shops in Middlefield. Beats just sittin here watchin it rain.

Bye, y'all!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Step-daughter's Homecoming Dance is tonight, so I will be surrounded by hormonal teenage girls polishing and primping for the big night.

We are having pizza delivered...

chowhound

Whelp... the local store does sell apples individually, but unfortunately it did not find its way home with me. No idea what happened. The girl must have forgotten to put it in the bag with my loaves of regular bread and french bread. And I did not scan the bagging area before I took the bag from her and left... Now I need to come up with a different gravy. Maybe I'll make that bacon gravy. Or if it stops pouring, go see if I can find a decent apple out back.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, we made it back from cruising Amish country in the nonstop rain. It's 59 F so DW suggested we just have soup and a sammie for din-din. Thawed out the last of the Italian Wedding Soup and making corned beef sammies with fresh Middlefield Baby Swiss cheese.

Here's my best catch of the day. 50# of my favorite flour for just $19. Can't touch it for near that price at the local Giant Eagle. This should hold me over into the holidays.:clap:

P1020122.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having chicken marsala, yellow squash, and spinach salad.

Dang, Joe, that flour would last me a year or two!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well, we made it back from cruising Amish country in the nonstop rain. It's 59 F so DW suggested we just have soup and a sammie for din-din. Thawed out the last of the Italian Wedding Soup and making corned beef sammies with fresh Middlefield Baby Swiss cheese.

Here's my best catch of the day. 50# of my favorite flour for just $19. Can't touch it for near that price at the local Giant Eagle. This should hold me over into the holidays.:clap:

P1020122.jpg
your din din sounds yummy joe.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I went to dentist today so comfort food for the boo boo. Poached eggs, breakfast sausage, rye toast, fried potatoes and onions.

poached_eggs_sausage_092609_P1040298.JPG

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I went to dentist today so comfort food for the boo boo. Poached eggs, breakfast sausage, rye toast, fried potatoes and onions.

poached_eggs_sausage_092609_P1040298.JPG

Looks good! You are getting your use out of those egg poacher pods. Lol--:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:Hope you don't start cackling on us :chicken::chicken::chicken:.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good! You are getting your use out of those egg poacher pods. Lol--:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:Hope you don't start cackling on us :chicken::chicken::chicken:.

thank you cooksie. yup i love them!! i did have a little mishap though, i filled the pods (good thing they were on a tray) and some how they all tipped over. well i have 4 broken eggs in a container to use. so either scrambled, french toast, waffles, pancakes or breaded something.

High Cheese

Saucier
Ate at the French restaurant aain. Wine, goat cheese salad, herbed oil and French bread, escargot, lamb, cheese and a crepe.

Aaaaah....life is good.