What are you doing today?

Embryodad

my Mom used to make that cake. there was a dole boxed deal.
Just tried the cake.

It was well baked, and not wet inside. It was more like a angel food cake texture.
Could use more brown sugar. Called for a cup, but I would adjust it to 1/2 cup more.
I had no cherry's...Oh Well!!

Embryodad

HERE IT IS!

pineapplecake002.jpg

pineapplecake005.jpg

The pineapples were value walmart brand..
and see the brown sugar?
Looks like it sucked into the cake, and needs more.

The cake came right out of the frying pan though; after flipping it on this pizza pan.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Just unloaded 2 steers into the stall in the barn. Will let them eat some hay and then go out in a bit and give them some grain. These 2 were in the barn all winter at the guy I bought them from. Dang price is up from other years.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Still painting and organizing the garage storage room...I'm slower than gramaw, some updates:

LittleProgress.jpg

The cabinets with the coffee cans have doors that still need to be painted, and I'm going to add some of the pulls that I took off of the kitchen cabinets. I was tickled to find the two storage carts at the thrift store. One was $4.99, and the other was $5.99. I'm going to be soooo organized I won't be able to find anything :mrgreen:.

LittleMoreProgress.jpg

chilefarmer

Still trying to get our new kitchen finished.
I am getting tired of camping out. But its getting there.
I think the first thing I will cook will be some, fried pork chops, eggs up, biscuits and gravy and lots of butter and blackberry preserves. CF

Shermie

Site Supporter
Still doing spring cleaning, and it's an awful lot of work!! Nice, Rick!!
:bonk:

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Chile Farmer - I am in serious want of that breakfast. When should I be there?

Rick - I am envious of your counter space. No room at the back of the counter to hang anything.

I had planned to do yard work today, but, I got a chance to take a service call and work is scarce, so I am in NYC for the morning at least.

thegrindre

Yup, that's it! Wouldn't own one that didn't have a lazysusan type stand. I can scrape and mix at the same time both forward and backwards. Great mixer with a glass bowl. Love it!

:)

Embryodad

Whatz a HB? mixer?
Let Me Guess = Hand Bowl ???

I got a nice GE stand mixer that has three (3) beaters .
I got it for free from my Next Door Neighbor; but I had to get the two glass bowls on ebay that fit the spacific spin bowl deck plate.
It was made by GE in 1944 My Birth Year. Huh! that doesn't make it any better, and as a matter of fact, it probably will jinx it. L O L

Today is a lazy Day. DW is on the EZ chair (recliner) all bundled up and watching TV.

I just made a batch of Yeast Raied Waffle Batter so we can have Waffles for Nightime Snack. We will have just a salad for supper to offset the waffle calories
at snack time. hahahahahahaha

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yup, that's it! Wouldn't own one that didn't have a lazysusan type stand. I can scrape and mix at the same time both forward and backwards. Great mixer with a glass bowl. Love it!

I'm quite sure that you are happy with it!!:wow:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my doctor called me early on. then i got company. then i went a few blocks where i was admonished by an elder fer not wearing a coat, then saw a guy discussing his finances w/ himself. seriously- he was yelling @ himself or an invisible person over money.
i need a drink. my beloved bartender should be on tonite. then i hafta cook dinner after while.

thegrindre

At least you're on the ball, there, Dad. LOL
Sherm maybe the king of kitchen toys but he also likes to use a lot of abbreviations, too. Sometimes I have to put my thinking cap on for some of his posts.

Shermie

Site Supporter
It just *Boing* hit me......

Hamilton Beach.....hahahahahahahahaha

WOW Embryodad and Rick!!!

Give them a hot dog and an ice cream cone!!

But wait!! What is GE & KA?

Oh, I know THAT one. General Electric & Kitchenaid!! Hah!!

Embryodad & Rick, I think that you're both onto something there!! Hah!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Embryodad

At least you're on the ball, there, Dad. LOL
Sherm maybe the king of kitchen toys but he also likes to use a lot of abbreviations, too. Sometimes I have to put my thinking cap on for some of his posts.
yEAH rICK... i'M ON THE BALL ALL RIGJHT!

lOOK AT tHIS cRAP, AND i AIN'T eVEN DRINKING!

Embryodad

WOW Embryodad and Rick!!!

Give them a hot dog and an ice cream cone!!

But wait!! What is GE & KA?

Oh, I know THAT one. General Electric & Kitchenaid!! Hah!!

Embryodad & Rick, I think that you're both onto something there!! Hah!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

HHAHAHAHAHA... Let Me Send An S O S .. Member that Song?? :laugh:

Embryodad

I just got finished firing up the Generator; so I'm on Genset Power now.

The two reefers and the freezer is on line, and that is the most important thing for us. Went out at 9:00 PM. Thank got the cable is not down so I am on the net.
( Internet )..hahaha
Got TV ( thats Television ) on the line too..so I'm happy. LOL ( Laugh Out Loud)

I'm watching the Boston Folk Celebration, and It was such a tragety what happened.

I'll say one thing. Thanks To Surveillance camera's. I'm all for it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oh, geez. shermie, u sure have a knack fer making a person:yum:. jimmy, so have you.

thegrindre

Now that my sides are healed, I installed my printer, unpacked a few more things and started lunch.
Chicken and pinto bean tacos.

Embryodad

oh, geez. shermie, u sure have a knack fer making a person:yum:. jimmy, so have you.
You come out with some pretty funny ones too girl.

Jus remember:" Don't put that coat away yet! "... Itsgunna go down to 34º tonight! ....

an an an an Mom usta say,"It's rainin out, make sure ya put on yer rubbers!"

I...H A T E D Those darn sisyboots. and and and....when you came in the house, she would say,"OK, Take off yer rubbers or you will go blind!"

And if ya got a hole in yer rubbers, she would say, here is a quarter,"Take yer rubber with the hole in it, up to Morans (Gulf Gas Station ) , and have him put a inner-tube patch on it.

That made them even more stupid looking! hahahahaha

Shermie

Site Supporter
I spent the better part of the day cleaning up the back room in my apartment! I'm exhausted! Cleaning out the back room was certainly a challenge! Bagged up 9 bags of accumulated junk to throw away on trash day!

With the trash last week, that makes a total of 13 bags!! And still got tree more rooms to clean out!!! Taking the rest of the day off and relaxing with a drink. :mrgreen:

Embryodad

Haa Ha Ha ...

We got a room we called for years..."The Little Green Room!" It's just a kids small bedroom .. It has always been green in color, and through habit of calling it the "Little Green Room" it could never be painted any other color. LOL LOL

Everything that does not have a specific place to keep stuff... is stashed in that room.

I built ( when I was agile years ago) deep shelves with doors of 3/4 inch plywood for stowage...I mean.. The thing is 8 feet wide x 8 feet high with shelves spaced to keep all the mixers and machines and bowl and you name its for cooking.

There are hundreds of items...cake moulds...copper fry pans (Brand New)
ramikins.. casserole pans ...etc etc etc. 5 FIVE Pressure Cookers from aunt this and aunt that when they died. OOops I should say 6 cookers. Brand new one from aunt Anne who died a year or so ago!
Talk about a Hoarder... LOL

Well ,it got, that it is a place for stuff that DW has, and she piles it in FRONT OF THE DOORS.....thank you! dearie!!!! ^&%$#^&*

For weeks now...she has been wanting to go through the stuff, and take it to Goodwill or Lupus will pick it up F R E E ....
I would DO IT...But do you guys see where I am going with that.
There are stoneware brand new in boxes from pampered chef (Chit)
Cookie guns... Copper Jello moulds... etc.

I tell her Go Kiss Your stuff; because IF? You Go first to you know where, They are the first Chit to be thrown in a dumpster or given away.

hahahahahaha...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been doing a lot of cleaning out too. Made a big haul to Goodwill-- had 4 vacuum cleaners and now down to 3, got rid of an artificial Christmas tree, and lots of other odds and ends that have just been sitting there for years.

I'd like to go shopping in the Little Green Room, Jimmy, love looking through that kind of stuff :mrgreen:. My junk collection area is under the kitchen sink.

Cleaning out before you move is the smart way to go, Sherman. I have boxed up stuff and moved it just to throw it away once it was moved...dumb, dumb, dumb :bonk:.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, i have 1 of those rooms, too:excl: is green, too!
literally have storage containers stacked to the ceiling, a couch, an armchair/ottoman, a closet-ful of stuff ranging from my Grandmother's antique singer sewing machine, to my ex-guys' gear. a bookshelf so tall, it's near the ceiling, too. i should take a pic. i call that other living room 'the junk room'. 'cept the stuff is not junk. they're items i'm not currently using.

i should sell a few of those items on consignment.