What's For Dinner - Sunday, Jul 28 to Saturday, Aug 6

Embryodad

I made the dough, and Tina made the sauce.
Just a pan of Pizza a few slices with onions, and the rest with sausage lumps.

2y89.jpg

p40f.jpg

z995.jpg

6gx2.jpg

LADawg

Just discussed what we were having for lupper and decided on Steamed Shrimp, (um, um) small boiled Red Potatoes with lots of melted Butter and sprinkled with Italian Herbs and a small Salad with a creamy peppercorn dressing made from a Penzey's mix. :thumb:

K

Kimchee

Last night was a triple Firstie for me...
Grilled Baby Back Ribs with a Korean BBQ sauce
Goat Cheese Stuffed grilled mushrooms
Turnip greens

Three things I had never cooked before!

Attachments

• BabyBacksMushGreens.jpg
    BabyBacksMushGreens.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 105

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'll bet you'll be hooked on those greens, Kimchee. I could eat fresh mustard greens sprinkled with Trappey's vinegar pepper sauce for lunch almost every day.

I have ground sirloin that's going to turn into something for dinner. Maybe Roadkill...aka chopped steak :idea:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful dinners! Congratulations on 41 years JEV and Mrs. JEV!

Jimmy, how do you make your pizza dough? Your crust always looks so nice and crispy!

Last night we had steak, some beautiful white corn and a salad. Tonight was a pork chop and rice casserole with more corn and broccoli. Banana Nut bread for dessert.

Attachments

• dinner08022013 (2).jpg
    dinner08022013 (2).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 98
  • porkchopandricecasserole.jpg
    porkchopandricecasserole.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 97
  • dinner08032013.jpg
    dinner08032013.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 101
  • bananabread-0802.jpg
    bananabread-0802.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 106

Embryodad

Beautiful dinners! Congratulations on 41 years JEV and Mrs. JEV!

Jimmy, how do you make your pizza dough? Your crust always looks so nice and crispy!

Last night we had steak, some beautiful white corn and a salad. Tonight was a pork chop and rice casserole with more corn and broccoli. Banana Nut bread for dessert.

I'll eat all those for One Meal mama!

:thankyou:

I make two kinds of Dough for pizza... This one is just a small batch to make a pan of pizza quick.

3 cups a/p flour
2 Tbs olive oil
1- 1/2 tsp. granulated yeast
1 Tbs sugar
1tsp. salt
1- 1/8 Cups water....
All in the mixer with the dough hook for 5 minutes medium low
oil hands and lightly oil a bowl and drop ball of dough to proof
until almost double in size.
I plop it on a lightly oiled 1/2 sheet ( 13"x 18" ) pan with a sprinkle of flour around the edges..that keeps the dough in place to the edge better.
I use a small 6 inch pastry roller oiled to work and edge the dough nice and slow.
Sauce it and cheese and your toppings... oven 375F till crust bottom is browned...about 30 to 45 minutes depending on moisture on toppings etc.
This one I baked in the grill outside 400F on a stone but in the pan.
IT was done in 28 minutes. :readytoeat:

PanchoHambre

That pizza looks Delicious ED and Mama that plate just looks like the USA!

my second effort at home made ravioli better than the first - used the atlas and incorporated some kale from the garden - sauce market tomatoes and garlic with some fresh basil from the yard - grilled some sausage to round it out - tasty results

DSCN0969_zpsee9d2163.jpg

DSCN0975_zpsc412b4a1.jpg

Embryodad

That pizza looks Delicious ED and Mama that plate just looks like the USA!

my second effort at home made ravioli better than the first - used the atlas and incorporated some kale from the garden - sauce market tomatoes and garlic with some fresh basil from the yard - grilled some sausage to round it out - tasty results

DSCN0969_zpsee9d2163.jpg

DSCN0975_zpsc412b4a1.jpg

:bbq:Wow! PH .... You really cooked up a storm there!
Ravioli are awesome. The sausages always go with Ravies in my book!
I love ravioli, the cheese filled, and the meat filled.
This lady ( Gennie ) used to make meat filled I remember as a kid, and there was such a flavor. No one could figure out what it was, and she was the kind that wouldn't tell. After all...she was selling them.
My Mom though (rest her soul) Found out what it was that she used in her meat filling. A small amount of Mint. Fresh mint ground with salt in the morter and pestle. The meat was ground 3 or 4 times fine too. Mom found a piece of the mint that was still big enough for her to taste alone and with a bite, she knew right away. She never told the lady!
I love the canoni canon shells stuffed with meat filling too. If we can find Big Giant rigatoni, that works also, but they are hard to find.

Now I want Ravioli's! :yum: