cracker barrel hashbrown casserole?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We visited Cracker Barrel Friday and I had breakfast for dinner. It reminded me how much I like the cracker barrel hashbrown casserole.

Do any of you know of a home recipe that is comparable to the cracker barrel hashbrown casserole?

Thanks for the recipe - I enjoy that too at Cracker Barrel (well, the few time they're not out of it). That does make a LOT of casserole for 2 people. Do you think leftovers would freeze well?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would say that recipe is about as close as you can get, though I've had it I not a fan personally. I prefer hash browns with out cheese but then I don't care for cheese omelets either though I love eggs and cheese. I just not much on cheese with breakfasts I guess.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I also like that. I usually get the hash brown and grits as my sides. LOL

I think Mama has a few copycat recipes for CB dishes. Maybe she has one for this or may be able to whip one up. She is so good at that sort of thing.

GotGarlic

Thanks for the recipe - I enjoy that too at Cracker Barrel (well, the few time they're not out of it). That does make a LOT of casserole for 2 people. Do you think leftovers would freeze well?

I think it would freeze well, but what I would do is put it in two 8x8 pans and freeze one.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I used to work at Cracker Barrel years ago and that is pretty much the recipe they used. I add salt and pepper and use colby jack cheese just because that's my personal preference but CB uses Colby. I would do the same thing as GG....put it in 2 pans and freeze one. Here's how I make mine along with a pic:

http://www.mamas-southern-cooking.com/hashbrown-casserole-recipe.html

hashbrowncasserole-0.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome pic Mama!!!! Thanks!!!!
I can't wait for the weekend to give em a try. :thumb:

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Mama Mia! That picture of your hashbrown casserole made my wimin parts tingle. :censored:

I love your website Mama! You have some fantastic recipes. Consider me your newest stalker. :blob_blue::brows: