Ginger bread cookies, what kind of frosting should I make?

lilylove

Paul wants me to make Ginger bread cookies with frosting. He even provided the recipe for the cookies (isn't he sweet, lol) Any ideas on what I can use for frosting?

THANKS

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Royal Icing

1 lb. Confectioners sugar
2 Tbls. Dried egg-white powder
6 Tbls. Water
Food color, as desired

In a medium bowl using a hand-held electric mixer at low speed, beat the confectioners sugar, egg-white powder and water until combined. Add desired food color. Increase the speed to high and beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until very stiff, shiny and thick enough to pipe; 3 - 5 minutes. (The icing can be prepared up to 2 days ahead, stored in an airtight container with a moist paper towel pressed directly on the icing surfaces, and refrigerated.)

To pipe line decorations, use a pastry bag fitted with a tube with a small writing tip about 1/8 inch wide (such as a No. 7 tip, it may be too difficult to squeeze the icing out of smaller tips). If necessary, thin the icing with a little warm water. To fill the pastry bag, fit it with tube. Fold the top of the bag back to form a cuff and hold it in one hand. (Or, place the bag in a tall glass and fold the top down over glass to form a cuff). Using a rubber spatula, scoop the icing into the bag. Unfold the cuff and twist the top of the bag closed. Squeeze the icing down to fill the tube. Always practice first on a sheet of waxed paper or foil to check the flow and consistency of the icing. This icing hardens into shiny lines and is used for piping decorations on gingerbread people or other cookies.

lilylove

Vera.. Paul LOVES eggnog. How much should I add to those 10x eggs? Do I whip them up first? THANKS!

Phiddlechik... THANKS :) That's what I use on my "FAKE" cinnamon rolls.