13 March - saturday dinner anyone??

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
What's on????

Working with bronzino and oysters tonight. More to follow.........

Newnork1978

Tonight is going to be pork chops, saute'ed veggies (or brown rice) and a mixed-green salad (what I should have made last night). Hee-hee! :mrgreen:

buckytom

Grill Master
I'm planning stuffed flounder. Isn't that 1980's retro?!?!?

dw often makes stuffed flounder. now if i could only get her to wear spandex again, and let me grow my mullet...

lol, actually, we just love the store made stuffed flounder from our supermarket. a quick and easy dinner. do you make your own stuffing, ss? if so, recipe please?

i think i might have a mcgangbang tonight. another saturday, another 16 hours at work. :neutral:
if i can do it, i'm going to run out to our new favourite vegetarian joint on my dinner break and pick up some wheatgrass shakes, then rush them home as a surprise for dw and my boy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I just whipped up LT's Quick 'n Easy Seafood Salad, and am having it on thick toasted garlic bread.
It's out of this world!:ohmy::applause:

2010-03-13 15-58-17.661.jpg

2010-03-13 15-58-28.212.jpg

2010-03-13 16-00-21.905.jpg

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
dw often makes stuffed flounder. now if i could only get her to wear spandex again, and let me grow my mullet...

Spandex pants and long sweaters with shoulder pads! :cool:

I do make my own stuffing. Bay scallops, shrimp, crab, mushrooms. Topped in a white wine sauce.

I'll post the recipe and pics when it's ready.

Mr. Green Jeans

Meatloaf, smashed taters (yup from the MGJ garden still storing well) green beans (OK, I won't say it) and a sping greens salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries and walnuts.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm thinking penne with a vodka sauce and some Italian sausage. I have lots of options to choose from because I hit the grocery store today.

Quick and Easy Seafood Salad looks good, Sass. I love a good shrimp salad too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie, and thanks to Lucky too!
It was very rich and filling, so I could only eat one at dinner time.

Your din sounds nice. Hope you snap some pics.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Bucky, here's the 1980's Flounder ;)

I'll scoot over to the fish threads and post the recipe.

The stuffing.

The stuffed fish waiting for sauce.

Ready to eat.

Could someone please explain to me how to make these captions appear with each individual picture?

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 105

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
After you post the pics, preview it, then go back and add the captions above the photo attachments.
Preview again, then submit.

I couldn't resist the lovely fresh Wahoo at the market yesterday, so picked up a gorgeous just-over-a-pound filet. (Wahoo is a sport fish with an appearance, flavor, & texture sort of like a mix of Mahi Mahi with a touch of Bluefish.)

Drizzled it substantially with some Newman's Own Balsamic Vinegar salad dressing & baked it; served with an herb/butter rice mix into which I stirred some lovely diced fresh baby zucchini, along with a green salad.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OK - so the little "coins" are pumpkin and beets, Vera? You always amaze me. I thought they were carrots and prunes just by the picture. So how did you get them into the coin shape?

(The dessert pics pretty much ruined me for the store-bought apple pie I have.)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I used the top of the martini shaker of course. I love apple pie. Have you got ice cream?

Meme4251

LOL, VB....Too much! Sass and SS, did not mean to miss your dinners' as they also looked "Over The Top"...That salad would have come in handy for SS baked/broiled fish but never eaten it stuffed. Just usually broil whole flounders when they are in season down here. My SIL and his father give us as much as we can eat...Good stuff...:wave: