Reese's chewy chocolate cookies

Guts

This recipe is from the back of the package of Reese's peanut butter chips. If you use a scale. These are the weights that I used in grams.
I was going to make Mamas peanut butter pound cake, but got sidetracked on these cookies. I'm still going to make it more likely tomorrow, then tonight. I'll post my pictures of the pound cake when I make it under Mama's thread.

Reese's Chewy chocolate cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour 310 grams
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa 60 grams
1 teaspoon baking soda 6.8 grams
1/2 teaspoon salt 3.5 grams
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened 282.5 grams
2 cups of sugar 400 g
2 eggs 55 grams each approximately total 110 g
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 14 grams
1 2/3 cup (10 ounce package) Reese's peanut butter chips. 283 grams

Preheat oven to 350°
Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar in bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 min. (Do not over bake cookies will be soft. They will pop while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 1/2 dozen cookies
pan recipe: Spread batter in greased 15.5 x 10 0.5 x 1" jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 20 min. or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About four dozen bars.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 165

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yikes!!! Beautiful! One of my favorite flavor combinations!

Copied and saved for when I get thin. er.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've had these Guts, fairly recent in fact.
One of the girls made them around Christmas and brought them into work.
They are a GREAT cookie for sure.:applause:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Chocolate and Peanut butter...is there any better flavor combination? Those look sooooooo good Guts! Thanks for posting the recipe. Now that I have a kitchen scale, I find myself weighing a lot of ingredients and saving on dirty dishes.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chocolate and Peanut butter...is there any better flavor combination? Those look sooooooo good Guts! Thanks for posting the recipe. Now that I have a kitchen scale, I find myself weighing a lot of ingredients and saving on dirty dishes.

I sure don't think so Mama. One of my favorite combinations for sure.

Thanks Guts. Those looks awesome. I can't wait to try some.