Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I think I may have first seen this recipe on Epicurious, but I did modify it by using finely ground dark roast coffee instead of instant espresso, and adding it to the butter/creaming process. I've been making these cookies for years, and everyone likes them. They are a slightly more sophisticated "grown-up" cookie for your discriminating friends. Sorry about the picture quality . I couldn't seem to get a picture that wasn't blurry.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO COOKIES
Makes 50-55 cookies

• 2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons finely ground dark roast coffee
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Cream butter, sugars and coffee until light and fluffy. Then, add eggs one at time, mixing after each addition to make sure they are well combined.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, I use a whisk to make sure the dry ingredients are well mixed.
  4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix everything until the ingredients are fully combined, but do not overbeat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using two teaspoons or a cookie scoop, drop dough on the sheet 2" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 133

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Karen!! I copied it but didn't look at the recipe yet because the food just got here. I will check it out in a few. I want to try making these with the Ideal sweetener! I'll get back in a few.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mocha is my favorite dessert flavor!

Copied and saved - thanks, Karen!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OH YUM!! This sounds fantastic Karen!! I also love mocha. I have got to make these and my mocha brownies!! I am hoping that my recipes can all be made with the Ideal sweetener as a sugar sub and still work out.