A group project?

The Tourist

Banned
One of the things I've tried to accomplish here at NC is to come up with new ideas. The main thrust of the idea should be that we can all take part and offer some of our personal expertise.

And Thanksgiving is coming.

So, I had an idea. What if there was a group project? What if we pooled our strengths and see where that idea went?

For example, let's say DeeLady has a great recipe for the season--one that Satin has never seen and is willing to try. The recipe has ingredients that call for a nakiri, so I sharpen one for her. JoeC has some thoughts on Asian vegetables that might add a new dimension. And on, and on...

As the weeks before the holiday progress, each one can report on our successes, and request additional help or ideas. Maybe a spark will grow, and someone will find an old recipe from their Grandmother that will complement the theme.

This has worked in other forums. For example, when a new knife is released, some times members form a roster and then pass the item along. They do tests, they re-sharpen the blade, they write reports and then ship it off to the next guy on the list.

Why couldn't that same idea work here?

The Tourist

Banned
I'm in, and I think JoeC and Ron (Locutus) would join in just to slice 'n dice.

(BTW, Ron is wilderness camping during this week.)

But I haven't heard from DeeLady or Sattie and I'd like their expertise on recipes, cooking and presentation style.

Who knows, recipe books are great sellers...