1/3 c butter
1 c all-purpose flour
1 t. salt
2 t. black pepper
2 t. paprika
1 t garlic salt
1 t dried marjoram
8-10 pieces of chicken

Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375 degree oven to melt butter, set aside. In a large ziplock bag combine dry ingredients.
Roll the chicken pieces- a few at a time- in butter and oil then drop into bag and shake to cover.
Place on a plate until all pieces are coated. Leave any excess butter and oil in pan. Place chicken in the pan skin side down .

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, turn pieces over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just my kind of fried chicken, don't have to stand over a skittle, lol! Thanks!

This is almost the identical recipe my Gram's used to use Peggy.
She fried it in a cast iron skillet after church on Sunday.
I found one that could be adapted to an oven fry method. :)

Peggy

This is almost the identical recipe my Gram's used to use Peggy.
She fried it in a cast iron skillet after church on Sunday.
I found one that could be adapted to an oven fry method. :)

That is wonderful Sass! I still have the iron skillet my Mom gave me years ago, and also a iron dutch oven that I received when she passed away as no one else wanted it, along with a corn pone skillet. I love the regular iron skillet, and the dutch oven, but not crazy about the corn pone skillet, too darn hard to clean!

I am looking forward to trying your recipe for the oven fried chicken. I have tried the other types using mixes, but found the crust came out too hard in places and not enough in others. Thanks so much!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That is wonderful Sass! I still have the iron skillet my Mom gave me years ago, and also a iron dutch oven that I received when she passed away as no one else wanted it, along with a corn pone skillet. I love the regular iron skillet, and the dutch oven, but not crazy about the corn pone skillet, too darn hard to clean!

I am looking forward to trying your recipe for the oven fried chicken. I have tried the other types using mixes, but found the crust came out too hard in places and not enough in others. Thanks so much!

You are very welcome Peggy.
I think you'll find this recipe will be a keeper. :)

Peggy

Hey Sass, I made this tonight and it came out great! I used Cajun seasoning in it also. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Sass, I made this tonight and it came out great! I used Cajun seasoning in it also. Thanks so much for sharing!

You're welcome again Peggy!

Mine came out great and delicious with the oven fry method.:thumb:

Really crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. Tasted very close to Grams recipe. :heart:

Attachments

• Picture 3461.jpg
    Picture 3461.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 123
  • Picture 3464.jpg
    Picture 3464.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 126

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You're welcome again Peggy!

Mine came out great and delicious with the oven fry method.:thumb:

Really crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. Tasted very close to Grams recipe. :heart:

Good lord that looks great! I'm very impressed that this came out of the oven. You may have converted me! I'm trying this!!