Egg omelet

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Corrie, I'll have to show you how do make an Omlet... It's easy... I used to make them a lot when my kids were little.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You can either use a non stick skillet or a non stick flat top (like something you'd make pancakes on) If you use the pan, put fat in the pan and twirl it about so the fat reaches everything. Add two well beaten eggs and let it set for about 30 seconds. Then, gently lift the edges with a rubber spatula letting the raw egg flow beneath the cooked and setting part. Keep doing this till almost all the raw egg has gone under. Now...you could flip it at this point, but it's not completely necessary. If you don't flip it, add whatever you'd like in the omelet, fold it over and slide it onto the plate.

If you make it on a grill top, put the beaten egg in the center of the grill, pushing it towards itself as it runs to the edges. When it's almost set, add the fillings, fold it, and place it on the plate.

I'd suggest you learn to get the feel of the egg and the pan first by making scrambled eggs a few times before you try to do the omelet. Each time you do it, scramble less and less...until you are ready to not scramble at all.

phreak

You can either use a non stick skillet or a non stick flat top (like something you'd make pancakes on) If you use the pan, put fat in the pan and twirl it about so the fat reaches everything. Add two well beaten eggs and let it set for about 30 seconds. Then, gently lift the edges with a rubber spatula letting the raw egg flow beneath the cooked and setting part. Keep doing this till almost all the raw egg has gone under. Now...you could flip it at this point, but it's not completely necessary. If you don't flip it, add whatever you'd like in the omelet, fold it over and slide it onto the plate.

I've made literally thousands of omelets back in the day as a line cook at a restaurant that's most popular meals were breakfast. I did it this same exact way except I would do the flip but then not put it back on the burner. We would do the flip, fill with whatever fillings were ordered then plate, the residual heat from the pan finishes the very little uncooked egg to perfection that was on top before the flip .

My pet peeve when getting an omelet from a restaurant is when they make a scrambled egg pattie with fillings cooked into the eggs...so lame.