Saucier
Here's a thread where you can post some of your own photos. :mrgreen:

Testing out the speed of my new camera
Bee.jpg

Some yard and garden pics
IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

The DW planted a bunch of seeds. However, she forgot to mark them. :bonk: So in a couple of weeks I'll need you guys to help me figure out what's what. lol

IMG_0163.jpg

suziquzie

OMG everything is so green!!!!

That's it. I'm moving back east......

I'll go play with my camera later, see if I can drum up any volunteers for my yard cleanup effort.....
:)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
and you didnt even invite me over for supper.... jeez i would have brought something to go with those eats..lol

all your pics look great HC

It's getting there. The cherry tree in the back yard just blossomed so I'll get some pics of that tonight.

Here's some beef and pork back ribs from Saturday.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh GREAT! I LOVE this thread!!! And your pictures, High Cheese!

Funny, I was just wondering what you've harvested from your garden so far this season! LOL!

Thanks for bringing back this thread!

Is the bird in the first shot a hummingbird? Fantastic camera!

Lee

P.S. How 'BOUT those Red Sox??????? :clap:

chowhound

Nice looking ribbers. And yes, everything seems to be growing pretty well there already. Maybe there's something to that "Garden State" after all (lol). Things just started sprouting here within the last four days, but 5 miles south looks like your pics.

Biskit

Had a horseshit situation, broken sewer main underneath a flooded area. The river water was flowing into a pumping station at such a high rate that we couldn't plug it off.
The National Guard was called in with a Blackhawk and one ton sandbags, which were dropped over the main break, thus stemming the water flow enough to allow us to install the plug and manage the situation.
Pretty cool, huh?

Our "weekend warriors" are really stepping up and doing a helluva job, no matter where they're sent.

The first pic shows the sand bag suspended below the chopper. The second shows the water all riled up from the rotor wash, the third shows the bags being dropped.
The pilot hit the mark damn neared dead on each time!

Attachments

• Comin' In!.jpg
    Comin' In!.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,988
  • Rotor Wash Stirs up the water.jpg
    Rotor Wash Stirs up the water.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,987
  • Splashdown!!!.jpg
    Splashdown!!!.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,938

suziquzie

And another of some of the rest of the yard to beg for volunteers to help leafblow the remaining 3 1/2 acres..... :ohmy::bonk:

Next year we're gonna start mowing them in once a week as soon as they start falling..... :a1:

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,848

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
See, i love the leaves. It's a part of the season. Husband hates them and is out once a week mulching them, blowing them and burning them!! LOL

suziquzie

I think it was chow that gave me the idea last year to just keep mowing them..... but the big mower was broken.
All fixed and next spring we dont have to spend 2 weeks leaf blowing!!!
I should try to get a pic of DH and I with our backpack leafblowers.....

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I think it was chow that gave me the idea last year to just keep mowing them..... but the big mower was broken.
All fixed and next spring we dont have to spend 2 weeks leaf blowing!!!
I should try to get a pic of DH and I with our backpack leafblowers.....

that should be cute, lol

chowhound

Last year the leaves were still on the ground when we had our first early snowfall. No more mowing was going to happen after that, so I bought a yard rake (is it called?) at Tractor Supply Co. It was on sale because the season "had ended". Coulda fooled me.
So you need to get one of these now, Suzi :biggrin:

Attachments

• atv rake.JPG
    atv rake.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,818

chowhound

Is that one of the ones that vaccums them Fred?
Thats what DH wants but we'd be stopping to empty it every 5 friggin feet!

No. It just sweeps/rakes them up into the hopper. My neighbor grabbed his brother's vaccum mulcher for his riding mower and said it was a PITA to keep emptying. He said if we ever have to get rid of leaves again, he's going to borrow my .... whatever it's called (lol). God.... huge brain fart this morning.

I'm thinking of replanting a tree I have out back and bringing it up front. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm goiing to be taking a pic of it shortly. I was going to show it to the nursery to identify because I'm going to be heading up there in the next day or two to get some flowering bushes to plant in that big bare spot where I dug out that big bush. It looks nice now, but I don't want a crabapple tree up front.
I'll take a pic and post it here in case anyone knows what it is.

Biskit

No. It just sweeps/rakes them up into the hopper. My neighbor grabbed his brother's vaccum mulcher for his riding mower and said it was a PITA to keep emptying. He said if we ever have to get rid of leaves again, he's going to borrow my .... whatever it's called (lol). God.... huge brain fart this morning.

I'm thinking of replanting a tree I have out back and bringing it up front. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm goiing to be taking a pic of it shortly. I was going to show it to the nursery to identify because I'm going to be heading up there in the next day or two to get some flowering bushes to plant in that big bare spot where I dug out that big bush. It looks nice now, but I don't want a crabapple tree up front.
I'll take a pic and post it here in case anyone knows what it is.

Around here, we just call 'em lawn sweepers.