French Style Creamed Eggs

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was a dish that calcmandan posted about in a "what are you eating?" thread and I asked about it.

The Youtube link below is the one Daniel PM'd to me that gives a 12-minute tutorial on how to make and present the eggs. They look great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkt879htS7I&app=desktop

I looked up recipes to copy and paste, for those of us who prefer to read print over watching videos, and though all the recipes for creamed eggs are similar, I couldn't find any that included shredded Gruyere and Dijon mustard like the recipe in the video. Also, the chef in the video served the eggs over beautiful garlic toast points.

This Serious Eats recipe below is the basic recipe. Photo is from Cook's Illustrated. I can't wait to try these!

Lee

These sublime scrambled eggs will renew your love for this morning classic.

Ingredients

• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 3 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon chopped chives
  • 2 slices country bread, toasted

Method

In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until foamy. Add the eggs and cook, whisking, until they begin to set; gently whisk in the milk and chives. Remove from the heat and serve with toasted bread.

Yield

2 servings

Attachments

• scrambled eggs.jpg
    scrambled eggs.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,868

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Gordon Ramsay makes them similar, except he uses either heavy cream or creme fraiche.