Poached eggs A' La Andy

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Part of my diet included making sure I eat breakfast. I have never in my life been good at this. It was hard to start, now it is easier.

I have two poached eggs. Don't fret, my LDL's are great. HDL's a bit low, and those are good guys, have to work on that.

I don't know is anyone remembers, but, a few years ago there were a few posts on the things in the picture to poach eggs in. I had them laying around, so, I figured ... give them a try. I had tried several unsuccessful ways already.

Here goes.

- Put an inch and a half of water in a small pot.
- High heat till it just start to boil.
- Put a couple drops of olive oil in each cup and spread around.
- Put an egg in each.
- Turn the heat to just barely boiling.
- Put the cups in, they will rest on the bottom. This is important.
- Cover and set the timer on your phone for five minutes.
- When the timer goes off, promptly take the cups out scoop into a bown and season to taste.

I have yet to be disappointed.
If I am going int NYC in the AM, I hard boil tow eggs peel and bag and eat on the bus.
eggers.JPG

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
some of the more recent research on serum versus ingested / dietary cholesterol is quite interesting. . .

people have had such varied results - apparently only 20-25% of people show any effect from more / less dietary cholesterol. and most of those negatively affected are diabetic - but why some non-diabetic people experience increased LDL from ingestion remains unknown.

when I dug into this, what recent research shows vs. "organization" recommendation vs. "the dietician's recommendations" clearly indicated: the really don't know.
you really have to be super-critical of the source and the date(s).

at one Dr's visit, I mentioned the dietician was adamant about saturated fats - he replied "Just got back from a cardiac symposium, now they say it's carbohydrates - not fats, that cause heart disease."

. . . I think I'll go have a snack . . .

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am with you Chowder. I did read about that.

I also agree they don't really know how bodies work.

Willie said - " There are more old drunks ghanooni th here old doctors"