Deal of the Day

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie! I need to get some more toothpaste we're getting low.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Didn't really need them but wanted them, pretty good deal too - $15 for 4 at Sam's, microwave and oven safe, nice and heavy, bigger than normal bowls - Probably going to do French Onion Soup first :readytoeat:

0040632316949_A

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Didn't really need them but wanted them, pretty good deal too - $15 for 4 at Sam's, microwave and oven safe, nice and heavy, bigger than normal bowls - Probably going to do French Onion Soup first :readytoeat:

0040632316949_A

Very nice!! BUT are they broiler proof? French onion finishes under flame.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Very nice!! BUT are they broiler proof? French onion finishes under flame.

No flame here :biggrin:. The box says they are oven safe up to 400. When I select convection/broil on my oven, it automatically sets to 450. I have the option to adjust down to 400 or whatever. I think the cheese will still melt and brown up at 400, but I've been wrong before.

I was wrong about that stupid green pan. Mine is no longer non-stick :(.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lucky Trim made me want an air fryer. I was at Sam's yesterday, and they were handing out flyers for their one day only sale for Saturday. They're advertising a Ninja multi cooker - air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer - for $129. If I can fight the crowd, I might just have to get this one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm not sure if this qualifies for Deal of the Day, but I sure do like them.

Small, tactical flashlights from Amazon, 2 pack, price range is $10 to $13

I ordered some on Black Friday last year and got a really good deal. Since then I have ordered 2 more 2 packs, all different brands...just went with lowest price for each order.

I have them spread out around my house, one in my car, and one in my purse. I love them. They're bright and so small that they can be tucked in a hoodie or jeans pocket.

I'm supposed to get my 4th 2 pack today, which are going to be giveaways.

With Father's Day coming up, these might be great, inexpensive gifts for you to give your grandkids/kids to give their father.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just bought an Eufy robot vac on Amazon. Regular price is $240 but now is $90 off. I won't know if it's truly a great deal until I receive it and try it out. Reviews that I read said that this is the best budget buy.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Just an update...this vac ran for 90 minutes before looking for its way back to the charger. It's slimmer than my other one, so it didn't get stuck anywhere, unlike the other one that got stuck in two places. I love it!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you using this vac mainly on carpet? Does it do as good of a job as a stand up vacuum you manually push and pull over the carpet?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Doc, I have 2 - a Roomba and an Eufy, set up in opposite ends of the house. They do a decent job of picking up the surface dirt, so your carpets always look clean, but they aren't powerful enough to do a deep vacuuming. Periodically you still need to run the big vac to get the sand and grit out of the fibers.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Are you using this vac mainly on carpet? Does it do as good of a job as a stand up vacuum you manually push and pull over the carpet?
I only use it on tile and wood. I wouldn't buy it to use on carpet. It does as good a job as a stand up vac on tile and wood, and it's soooo much easier.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks SS and Cooksie. SS that is exactly what I was wondering. I'm considering one as a gift for my wife. I could not imagine something so small and quiet doing as well as a dyson. Still it sure sounds handy I think my wife would like one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you don't have to have the latest, greatest, and quick shipping, Amazon has their 3rd generation Echo Dot on sale for half price, $18.99. Delivery is mid January :(, but I still bought one.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie. :thumb:
I saw a recipe I liked so I sprung for Steve Docey's cookbook. It's a best seller now and reviews are outstanding. He had one for leftover thanksgiving stuff all put on a pie crust ...turkey then potatoes then dressing then gravy over all that. Baked at 400 degrees for 40 mns. Looksed outstanding. Like a thanksgiving pizza. LOL Then there was one with hashbrowns that sealed the deal. I had told my wife I was thinking of getting it for her. She said thanks but no thanks. Then she saw the hash brown crust quich with ham, cheese eggs and onions. Looked good.
The Cookbook is called 'Happy In a Hurry Cookbook'. Quick easy recipes. regularly 29.95 on Amazon for 15.65. Also for sale in Walmart, Target and a few other stores that I cannot remember.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie. :thumb:
I saw a recipe I liked so I sprung for Steve Docey's cookbook. It's a best seller now and reviews are outstanding. He had one for leftover thanksgiving stuff all put on a pie crust ...turkey then potatoes then dressing then gravy over all that. Baked at 400 degrees for 40 mns. Looksed outstanding. Like a thanksgiving pizza. LOL Then there was one with hashbrowns that sealed the deal. I had told my wife I was thinking of getting it for her. She said thanks but no thanks. Then she saw the hash brown crust quich with ham, cheese eggs and onions. Looked good.
The Cookbook is called 'Happy In a Hurry Cookbook'. Quick easy recipes. regularly 29.95 on Amazon for 15.65. Also for sale in Walmart, Target and a few other stores that I cannot remember.
Had to go look:

1606579451618.png

I liked just about everything I saw in there. The General Tso's cauliflower was different and looked great too. Thanks!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I haven't owned a rain coat/slicker/pancho in eons. I've always been an umbrella person. The rains seems to be pretty much over here now, but we did have some massive downpours and I had to go out and try to use an umbrella a couple of times. It's pretty tough to try to use an umbrella with the wind blowing and push a big trash can down the driveway.

Ordered this from Amazon: MCR Safety 200CL Classic PVC-Coated Raincoat, Large, Yellow, one Size
It was under $8.

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to be cheap and very light weight. It's not. I really like it. That's Max checking it out :).
:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm not above wearing clearance clothes from Wal Mart. These pullover sherpa hoodies with kangaroo pockets started out at $20, and then were reduced to $10, and reduced again to $5 each. I ordered four. I haven't washed them yet, so we'll see.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not above wearing clearance clothes from Wal Mart. These pullover sherpa hoodies with kangaroo pockets started out at $20, and then were reduced to $10, and reduced again to $5 each. I ordered four. I haven't washed them yet, so we'll see.

How pretty! I'm a hoodie girl myself!

Lee

LastManStanding

That AliExpress offer is abused by some shop owners here. They create different accounts (with same card) and buy many items and sell. I don't mind someone buying two items for personal use but buying and selling is really bad. Those AliExpress sellers need business too. It's not charity alone.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That AliExpress offer is abused by some shop owners here. They create different accounts (with same card) and buy many items and sell. I don't mind someone buying two items for personal use but buying and selling is really bad. Those AliExpress sellers need business too. It's not charity alone.
I had never heard of AliExpress. So I looked it up.

AliExpress is an online retail service based in China and owned by the Alibaba Group. Launched in 2010, it is made up of small businesses in China and other locations, such as Singapore, that offer products to international online buyers. It is the most visited e-commerce website in Russia and was the 10th most popular website in Brazil.

It sounds like the AliExpress folks are getting the business but you oppose those buying from AliExpress to resell. That kind of thing happens all the time here. Is it a service to the person buying from the reseller? Seems like if they are willing to pay then no harm done, or I'm missing your point.

LastManStanding

I had never heard of AliExpress. So I looked it up.

AliExpress is an online retail service based in China and owned by the Alibaba Group. Launched in 2010, it is made up of small businesses in China and other locations, such as Singapore, that offer products to international online buyers. It is the most visited e-commerce website in Russia and was the 10th most popular website in Brazil.

It sounds like the AliExpress folks are getting the business but you oppose those buying from AliExpress to resell. That kind of thing happens all the time here. Is it a service to the person buying from the reseller? Seems like if they are willing to pay then no harm done, or I'm missing your point.
No no doc I know their business model. I was talking about that offer where a new comer can buy one item for 0.1 USD. It's a one time offer to attract new customers.
For example you can buy a bluetooth headset for one cent. And it costs much more than that in the market. If everyone starts buying that item without giving them any other real business then those businesses cannot survive.
Besides, a reseller can take a profit, no need to steal the whole thing.
That's what I was talking about, not about normal buying and selling. 🙂 I had already posted about that offer, but I didn't reference to it in the above post. My bad.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh. I got ya now. I agree. Those folks doing that are slimy. Most with any experience know you cannot get something for nothing. And if it sounds to good to be true, don't fall for it.
Sorry for the confusion.

LastManStanding

Oh. I got ya now. I agree. Those folks doing that are slimy. Most with any experience know you cannot get something for nothing. And if it sounds to good to be true, don't fall for it.
Sorry for the confusion.
Confusion was actually caused by me. I write stuff as it occurs to me, but I forget that others don't know the context. Unless I read it and correct it, it's mostly the wrong message that's conveyed. Lol.