Deal of the Day

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you find a good deal online feel free to post about it here.

This seems like a good deal to me. What do you think?

As of right now there is 20 hours 7 minutes left on this deal.

Chef Buddy™ 3.5L Electric Deep Fryer

Regular Price $99.99

Yours for $34.97 shipping $5

http://www.yugster.com/todays-deals/yours-until-gone

This fryer offers a full range of temperature control (265-375 degrees) and is equipped with an extra large frying basket that is perfect for parties and family gatherings if you want to make larger quantities of food.

This fully stainless steel fryer has no sharp edges to worry about and a cool touch handle so you won't be burning yourself on it. There's also a cord storage compartment for convenience.

Best of all, this great fryer has a removable container and heating element, which makes it safe and easy to clean!

Create delicious fried foods from wings, to onion rings to french fries, quickly and easily with the Chef Buddy 3.5L Deep Fryer!

Attachments

• chef_buddy_deep_fryer.jpg
    chef_buddy_deep_fryer.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,315

Guts

Re: Daily Deals

I have my fryer set up almost year-round. And you know what I found using canola oil. It really doesn't go bad that fast. All you have to do is let it settle drain it off, get rid of the junk in the bottom for the clean oil back in and fill to the level line. Of course, the more you use it the more the oil goes bad but I found it last for quite longer than I've heard of. I took mine all down and cleaned everything and put new oil and it two months ago and I made french fries last night. Absolutely perfect. It fryer is a great thing for unexpected guest, you can always pull out eggrolls jalapeno Popper's a number of stuff that you can keep in your freezer for a quick fix. When you work planning on making something. It fryer is a must around my house. I'm looking into getting a star 220 V fryer after I do my garage remodel, making a man cave with a Lot of cabinets for storage. I am going to make a dedicated area for my fryer which I also have a the unit that vents to the outside. Not a second kitchen but I prefer to keep the fryer smell outside the house. I just don't like that oil smell in the house.

Doc looks like a pretty good price on that fryer.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

So, do you think this is a good buy? I'm still considering it. If this is one you'll get and then need to upgrade shortly after getting it I'd prefer not to throw the money away.

Guts

Yeah I don't think it's too bad of a buy Doc mine is an 1800 W I think of this one 1600 to 1800 Watts it would work fine. As I said I really enjoy mine. It's probably one of the more you use kitchen appliances that I have and I have many, many of them. LOL

Guts

[FONT=&quot]Cooks magazine sent this in an e-mail form. They of course want me to subscribe to their magazine, which is just an okay magazine to me. Not all that great in my opinion. But I thought this was pertinent to this discussion. I use a wearing Pro that has an 1800 what heating element edit best against 365°, but seems to do the job. One thing that I have noticed when you use new oil your food comes out lighter in color. The more you use it the darker the food will be. For example when I change the oil. The last time the french fries are coming out a light yellow in color. Now they have a little color to them, which I prefer. This data here does not reflect my opinions just something that I wanted to share with the group for what it's worth. there is one other thing I would like to add my personal preference is one basket not two baskets.
Kim

clip_image001.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waring Pro Professional Digital Deep Fryer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The large, wide basket of this fryer was the only one big enough to cook a full batch of potatoes (four russets) serving four people. Its ample size also ensured even exposure to the oil to create uniformly cooked fries. Its temperature dropped the least when the potatoes were added (40 degrees), and it recovered the fastest, yielding fries that were super-crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The fryer’s main flaw: It overshot the temperature on the dial (but was still one of the more accurate fryers we tested).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$139.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Recommended with Reservations[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image002.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DeLonghi Cool Touch Roto Deep Fryer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A tilted, rotating basket continuously moved food through the oil, submerging half the basket at a time, greatly reducing the amount of oil needed (5 cups versus the typical 10 to 12 cups). Like the Waring fryer, it overshot the temperature on the gauge but did produce nicely crisped fries. The main drawback: The small basket could hold only two potatoes (serving two people) at a time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$99.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not Recommended[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image003.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T-Fal Ultimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A convenient oil draining and filtering system that released used oil into a separate chamber below made this fryer look promising. But its temperature never rose beyond 350, and when fries were dropped into the hot oil, the temperature plummeted a full 100 degrees. The result: soft, leathery fries.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$119.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image004.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Oil Capacity Deep Fryer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The long, narrow basket of this fryer crowded the potatoes, resulting in a layer of undercooked fries on top and overcooked fries on the bottom. This small fryer could hold little more than two potatoes (serving two people) at a time. Like others in the lineup, it never reached the maximum temperature on the dial. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$53.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image005.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rival 3-Liter Cool Touch Cool Zone Deep Fryer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cheaply constructed, this fryer’s lid was difficult to keep shut, then sprang open violently when we pressed the “open” button. We needed to jiggle the basket to remove it—a risky endeavor when dealing with hot oil. It was the least accurate of all the fryers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$49.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image006.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aroma Professional 3L Deep Fryer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This fryer had nothing to recommend it. Like the Hamilton Beach model, it featured a long, narrow basket that turned out pale, undercooked fries on top, and brown, overcooked fries on the bottom. Its temperature dropped dramatically (100 degrees) when the fries were added to the hot oil, and took 20 minutes to return to 350 degrees (though the gauge was set at 375)—the longest recovery of any fryer in the lot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$49.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Prices subject to change.[/FONT]

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Thanks Guts. I just happen to be in the market for a deep fryer. :thumb:

I didn't buy that one I posted as I was unsure. Now it looks like it will cost me more to get a decent fryer. :pat:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Here's what mine looks like.

Attachments

• Waring Pro Deep Fryer.jpg
    Waring Pro Deep Fryer.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,267
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Of course, THIS one can also be used as a deep fryer, which I also have.

Attachments

• Presto Options Multi-Cooker.jpg
    Presto Options Multi-Cooker.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,265

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Here's what mine looks like.
I was looking at one just like that on Amazon Shermy. :thumb: The small Pro DF55 had good reviews and run 49.95. Not bad. ;thumb:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Waring-DF55-Professional-7-Pound-Capacity-Stainless-Steel/dp/B00264GJBM/ref=pd_sbs_k_3[/ame]

Thanks Mama. Good find indeed. :tiphat: :clap:

Shermie

Site Supporter

I had the small one just like that one, Doc. Bought the larger one and gave the small one to a friend.

My only shortcoming with the larger one is that it uses a gallon of oil to be able to successfully deep fry.

I also like the Waring Commercial deep fryer, but that one looks as though it uses even MORE oil!

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter

And then there's THIS one (pictured below).

Bought it, but only used it once.

Main shortcoming; Too much oil has to be used to use it!!

Unless you're planning on deep frying a turkey often, it seems to be the only other neseccity for using it.

It CAN however be used as a boiler / steamer for doing clambakes. And it DOES have a spigot for empying the pot when the oil has cooled down, eliminating the messy cleanup. :chef:

There's also THIS one at Chefscatalog.com (link below).

http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/24432-stove-top-deep-fryer.aspx

It's a stovetop unit, but it still costs about $100.

Attachments

• Turk'N'Surf Electric Turkey Fryer..jpg
    Turk'N'Surf Electric Turkey Fryer..jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,275
Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

And todays deal comes from Woot, the home deal of the day:

Fagor Michelle B 14pc Cookware Set
$99.99 + $5 shipping.

New Product: 1 Fagor Michelle B 14-Piece Cookware Set - 4 Pans w/ Lids, 2 Fry Pans & 4 Knives
Color: Lemon Lime, Blue, Red

http://home.woot.com/

Attachments

• Fagor_Michelle_B_14pc_Cookware_SetqveStandard.jpg
    Fagor_Michelle_B_14pc_Cookware_SetqveStandard.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,225

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

good find Mama!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! :thumb: :clap:

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

WOW I wish I could get this. What a great deal. My router is over 10 years old and gives my problems sometimes.

Linksys E3000-RM 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4/5GHz Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router
Refurbished "Refurbished" products have been tested to ensure compliance with original manufacturer specifications, and MAY include a limited manufacturer warranty - see the item's product page for details. In stock.
Was: $99.99
Now: $45.99
Save: $54.00

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought a refurbished Gateway laptop from tiger direct 2 1/2 years ago. It has worked flawlessly. Here is a deal on another refurbished laptop only this one is a HP and is from Yugster (YUG = Yours Until Gone).

http://www.yugster.com/todays-deals/yours-until-gone

HP Pavilion Quad-Core 4GB 500GB 17.3" Laptop

Retail Price: $899.99

Yugster Price $399.97 Time Left23:11:38
Shipping: $10

Condition: Refurbished

Attachments

• hp_pavilion_notebook.jpg
    hp_pavilion_notebook.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,212

AllenOK

Doc, I don't know if this is still germane, or even if it classifies as a "deal".

Earlier this year, I bought a propane-fired deep-fryer rig from Wally World. Cost me $40 for the burner, regulator, and the pot with strainer basket. Since I don't have anything that uses a propane tank, I had to get a tank. That was $50, and I can swap it for a new one for only $20. Then, there's the oil. I have to use at least one gallon of oil, that's about $8.

$118 for a fryer? Is that really a deal? You be the judge. I have a separate heat source not associated with my natural gas service. I can fry, boil/steam, or pull out my wok and stir-fry. I have 5 kids to feed, plus my other half.

I can fry up 8 lbs of chicken legs in two batches, takes about 40 minutes. The only drawback is temperature regulation. It has a thermometer on it, but you have to manually adjust the heat. I've goofed and gotten the oil to hot.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure, that's a deal. Anything you can find that is a good deal should be shared here. Never know who might be in the market for the one of whatever you post about.
Thanks Allen. :thumb:

Love the shirt Left. :yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Does anyone on your list want a Keurig coffee maker? :biggrin: I do, I do! :biggrin:

Kohl's had one on sale for $119, had a 25% off coupon, and got a $10 off card on next purchase - cost me about $89. Love it, it has a reservoir, different serve sizes, etc. I'm probably not going to like buying the K-cups (or adding to the landfill), but dang they're so convenient.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those are very nice cooksie, a couple members on FF both have them and love them.

Ian M.

You know, I'm beginning to feel like I must be some kind of dink because of the way I deep fry both fritters and French fries at home - Just have an old beat up pan that my Mum gave me a long time ago which I fill with enough oil to decently cover whatever I'm frying and then manually regulate the heat beneath it as I fry things up. Total simplicity and that pan was free to me and does a decent job of deep frying. I suppose having to drain off that used oil and save it for "next time" is probably something no self-respecting chef would ever do but then, who's self-respecting in this house? Not me when it comes to the "dinky" way to do the job! Oh and did I mention that my boss at work turns really pale when I mention how I deep fry at home? That's right after he turns pea-green!

Ian :chef:

Ian M.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you for the distinction - Nope, I don't qualify any longer do I? We do, or will before long, qualify for the dual income portion of that definition but we do, indeed, not qualify for the "no kids" part. So me and Mum's pan will continue our dastardly ways of frying things in "deep oil" in a container that's older than I am!

Ian :biggrin:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Those are very nice cooksie, a couple members on FF both have them and love them.

Thanks! I went over there and read, and now I know where to get a good deal on the K-cups.....Sam's here I come.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you're a Sam's shopper, you'll be getting a booklet of coupons. There are some pretty good deals in there...$6 off a 2 pack of Zyrtec, $2 off a 4 pack of toothpaste, $2 off a 48 pack of AA batteries, $6 off 184 pack of diapers, $3.50 off a bag of Kingsford Charcoal, etc.

While I was reading it, I noticed that you don't have to clip the coupon, which is great for me because I never remember to clip it or I forget to dig it out. The specials are already loaded onto your card.

And then **Ding** it hit me. They did that because some of them are such great deals that they don't want you to go scrounge up another coupon and come back the next day for more. Even with the limits, they're still pretty good deals :thumb:.