What is Your Weather?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It was snowing here for awhile, but has stopped now. I shoveled out the front and salted it, but haven't done the back. May get to that tomorrow if I am feeling better. Supposed to be partly sunny, so maybe if it is warm enough it will melt away for me, LOL. Only a couple of inches, so that's good.

The Tourist

Banned
I caught some of this morning's TV news reports. It's funny how folks view 'bad weather.'

For example, in Madison we don't start to concern ourselves unless we hear the prediction of "blowing and drifting." The news that 2" to 4" of snow coming simply means I wear a jean jacket and fill my gas tank.

If we drop into single digit temperatures, I which over to a lined jean jacket. I have a hat in the truck if it gets below that.

Now, I heard Jay Leno once do a series of jokes about some intense rain that folks in Los Angeles was experiencing. He reported that traffic was backed up, people were skidding around and folks were almost in meltdown. From rain?

My inlaws live in Milwaukee. Not only do they get the storms, but they get "lake effect snow" on top of it. They usually opine that they might wait a bit on going to the grocery store to see how traffic gets. They don't cancel their plans, they simply delay them.

Calicolady

IT'S COLD! LOL! FOR HERE, ANYWAY. Heat's on all night!

Current conditions (as of 5:53 AM)Today's forecast°F | °C
Red Flag Warning
31.gif
Clear

45°F Feels like: 42°F

Barometer:30.2 in
pt5.gif
Dewpoint:40°Humidity:83%Visibility:10 milesPrecip in last hr:0 inPrecip last 24 hrs:0 in

Wind:5 mph NSunrise:6:49 AMSunset:6:29 PMUV Index:0 Low

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well I shoveled out the front, and the next day most of the snow melted, LOL. Today there were light flurries but didn't amount to anything.
Needs to stay snow free this week cause DW has a couple more clients to do dormant pruning for and we could use the money!

Biskit

They're calling for 32, today. HEAT WAVE!!! Sound like the rest of the week's s'posed to be fairly mild. I see they're looking for a dab of freezing rain and/or snow Thursday night.

I'm sick of snow!

homecook

Well, it's 17 degrees here now with a windchill of 3 degrees. Supposed to get some snow showers.

We're getting a heat wave this weekend, it's going up to 45-48!!!

Barb

Mr. Green Jeans

Weather since last weekend has been widely scattered lousy in the PNW. Sun yesterday but cold nearly 20 degrees below average. It is supposed to be improving toward the weekend. Crossing fingers nothing germinating in the garden yet. C'mon spring!

PanchoHambre

Since our lovely weekend we seem to be back on a slow descent to crap... overcast and cool today.. dropping at night... still better than the bitter cold we had a week ago.

crewsk

The high here today is supposed to be 78, right now it's 75, sunny & beautiful. But, by Friday it's supposed to be raining with a high of only 42. Sucks that I'm off work Friday!:glare:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful! Sun shinning and 78 degrees....Make that 80 degrees! :a1:

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
1*F , wind gust up to 50mph... gusting blowing snow

i am so ready for spring and summer..lol

Deelady

37 here....feels colder though! At least the wind has died down so not to keep waking up the little one!

Biskit

-11 here, now. S'posed to dip to -15 or lower. Good thing is, the wind's died down, so it doesn't feel too bad.