Peep's Odds and Ends

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My food processor died. So I got this replacement.

Oster® Total Prep 10-Cup Food Processor with Dough Blade

untitled.png

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice score, Peep! I have the same brand, but a MUCH older model, lol!

Lee

Embryodad

Looks sturdy and neat peeps. Maria got one from her friend, and used only 2 times.
It was free, but she got rid of it because SHE said it was a pain to clean. Not the model you show, but another brand. Part of it goes in the dishwasher, but the main heater elements are on the base of the machine, and has to be wiped by hand ( carefully ).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks sturdy and neat peeps. Maria got one from her friend, and used only 2 times.
It was free, but she got rid of it because SHE said it was a pain to clean. Not the model you show, but another brand. Part of it goes in the dishwasher, but the main heater elements are on the base of the machine, and has to be wiped by hand ( carefully ).

I really love my Instant Pot. I have been on the fence about an uni-task AF. So when I saw this multi function AF from Instant brand I thought it looked interesting. I am really interested in the functions to Dehydrate and the option to Rotate for rotisserie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My DD got me these for my birthday.

Oxo Good Grips Egg poachers

oxo_egg_poachers.jpg

Prep Solutions by Progressive Brown Sugar Keeper with Air-Tight Lid, 1.5 Quarts

brown_sugar_keeper.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought some stainless steel cake pans. And a few other things I will post as I use them.

cake_pans.jpg

Attachments

• cake_pans.jpg
    cake_pans.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 225

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought a set of small casserole dishes and will be using them soon to make individual Sheppard's pie, chicken pot pies, baked ziti, lasagna etc.

individual_oval_baking_dish_cropped_092220.jpg

Attachments

• individual_oval_baking_dish_cropped_092220.jpg
    individual_oval_baking_dish_cropped_092220.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 286

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought a set of small casserole dishes and will be using them soon to make individual Sheppard's pie, chicken pot pies, baked ziti, lasagna etc.

View attachment 38582
Side note. Individual dishes will make life easier due to the fact that not everyone likes the same ingredients. So omitting/adding before cooking will work great.
I think individually composed salads will be wonderful. And make a nice presentation picture when the dish is placed on a plate to serve.

Embryodad

We have those in brown, with little ears at the ends.
You are right peeps. Great for fussy people; starting with DD in this household..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought myself one of these. If it doesn't work for long it only cost just under $7.00. Not a big loss.

I'm thinking of trying it out soon on mini lemon meringue tarts.

turbo_blue_torch.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I got a few things on Prime Day:

Cotton Christmas napkins and tablecloth

christmas-cloth-napkins.jpg

christmas-cloth-tablecloth.jpg

A jar, bottle and can tab opener set. (My fingers/hands are needing some help lately)

jar--bottle-can-tab-opener.jpg

And they finally got 8" Aluminum cake pans back in stock. (the 9 1/2" are a little to big)

8in_aluminum-cake-pans.jpg

I also got myself a leather wallet. The zipper on my old one died after 30+ years!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hope you don't mind me posting this on here. I was looking for the kitchen tips thread but couldn't find it.

I eat a lot of Granny Smith apples...sometimes plain, sometimes with peanut butter, and sometimes with peanut butter and a little swirl of Nutella.
Here's my old one and the new one. I think the old one lost its edge :corny:. It was very hard to use. I had to get on my tiptoes to push hard enough for it to cut through the apple :(.
I'm so looking forward to the new one.

Edit to add: If anyone can show me where the kitchen tips thread is, I have something to say about my Keurig. It doesn't fit here.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I ordered a few things I needed/wanted from Amazon yesterday. I'll post as they arrive.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
They are things that were out of stock for a while. And a few things that needed replacing.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Peeps, a long time ago you mentioned buying something with your Amazon reward points. I thought...Ok, how's she getting those because I want some too :). I did some checking around and discovered how to get some for me :thumbup:. Now, my reward points burn a hole in my pocket until I use them. I'm such a sucker for Amazon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It wasn't Amazon reward points. I got an Amazon gift card for downloading the Mango app to my phone. It keeps track of meds and sends reminders when it's time to take your meds.

How/where do you get your Amazon reward points? I would love to get some rewards.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It wasn't Amazon reward points. I got an Amazon gift card for downloading the Mango app to my phone. It keeps track of meds and sends reminders when it's time to take your meds.

How/where do you get your Amazon reward points? I would love to get some rewards.
Amazon credit card
You only get 5%, but 5% is better than nada.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just got these from Amazon.

Pull apart SS scissors (I wanted these for cutting poultry) so I know they are clean and safe.

scissors-1.jpg

scissor-2.jpg

Set of 2 because I have no Idea where my old ones went (I had 7 in assorted sizes)

farberware-loaf-pan.jpg

I have been wanting these for a long time. Now I can try Crème Brulé, Lava Cake and small Pop overs/Yorkshire Puddings.

ramekins.jpg

And Christmas cookie season is almost upon us. I want to make gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies. My cookie cutters must be visiting my loaf pans!!

cookie-cutters.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I got these kitchen toys for Christmas

Tart Tamper

tamper-2020.jpg

Tart Pans

tart_pans-2020.jpg

Fish Spatula

spatula-2020.jpg

Rocker Garlic Press

garlic-press-rocker-2020.jpg

(PLUS Heated Spa Mitts (helps the arthritis fingers)

heated-spa-mitts-removebg-preview-removebg-preview.png

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I really like this. Gotta get used to the tune it plays instead of the usual beep. Plus the cats like to look at their reflections in the door. :lmao:

1611010432596.png

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice! I have a couple of LG items and have had very good luck with them.

How are you liking the rocker garlic chopper? Is it easy to use and clean?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have an LG TV also.

The garlic press is pretty good. Yes east to clean. It comes with a little "comb" looking tool to get into the holes. I used that and a scrubber brush. It's easier to clean than the normal garlic press.