Peep's Odds and Ends

Embryodad

I love these knives.
THEy look like a sturdy well made knife peep.

We have an older Belgique set that DD's X gave us like 8 years ago.
I learned that all that is needed, is a few swipes with the steel sharpener, and the knives cut like when new.
That is the set that drove me crazy looking for the missing steak knife for over a year.
There is nothing more irritating to me, than having something missing in a set of something.
Well..... one day, I was in the back yard, and in the middle of some high weeds, there was a knife blade shining. I was so happy to find it, I came in and wiped it with Clorox, and then scrubbed it to return it to the set.

It was mistakenly thrown out in the yard with table scraps.

lilbopeep

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
A 6 cup porcelain tea pot with infuser

tea_pot_infuser.jpg

I just restocked my loose rosehip and hibiscus leaves and also oolong leaves when I went to Fairway market. Now I can make a pot. I like my tea ball for single cups but sometimes one is not enough.

Last edited:

Embryodad

A 6 cup porcelain tea pot with infuser

tea_pot_infuser.jpg

I just restocked my loose rosehip and hibiscus leaves and also oolong leaves when I went to Fairway market. Now I can make a pot. I like my tea ball for single cups but sometimes one is not enough.
Nice looking pot peeps...
Tina has one same pattern / color, but it is narrow at the top. She is in to tea once in a while.

Son Jimmy is Sooo fussy with his tea blends and brands. The other day he wanted tea, (and believe me, Tina has like 30 or more different kinds ) and he said he didn't like the smell of any of them. They smell like Dirt, he said.
He brings his own when he comes over now.
I found out one thing though! If I eat too much sodium, and my ankles swell a little, I drink that Green Tea, and it acts like a diuretic and the swelling goes down.

"Me",....I'm a tea bag tea person. My favorite is Red Rose.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My Mother's day gift from DD - Lodge L8DD3 Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover, 5-Quart.

I LOVE IT!!

051814_lodge_5qt_dutch_oven_2.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

My Mother's day gift from DD - Lodge L8DD3 Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover, 5-Quart.

I LOVE IT!!

051814_lodge_5qt_dutch_oven_2.jpg
Wow! ,,,, Nice peeps. I could see the meatballs and sausage in tomato sauce cooking right now.

Great Gift.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Also got one of these

OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer

Attachments

• 712S90f1UfL__SL1500_.jpg
    712S90f1UfL__SL1500_.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 378

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice gifts, Peep!

I have the Lodge Dutch oven and love it. Took awhile to season properly, but now it's as non-stick as the very expensive Le Creuset!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
How do you like that Peeps? We eat avocado practically every day.

Only used it once so far. It cuts and pits very nicely. The avocado was ripe so the slices were a bit mushed. But it did a good job. Never pitted an avo so easily. It is a bit scary to smack the knife into the pit and then have to pry it off the blade. With this I just place the blades over the pit and twist, push thru the hole and it popped right off into the garbage (the blades are dull so I can't cut myself when my fingers are numb).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
A few additions

herb_chopper.jpg

mini_sharpner.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The new addition - Char-Broil Big Easy TRU-Infrared 3-in-1 Roaster, Smoker and Grill

Char-BroilBigEasyTRU-Infrared3-in-1.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD gave me 2 sets (4) of these for Christmas. I love them!! I made individual Yorkshire pudding sides on Christmas. One recipe made 4 minis.

Cuisinartยฎ Stainless Steel Mini 0.32-Quart Dutch Oven Servers (Set of 2)

mini_dutch_oven_1_P1100106.JPG

mini_dutch_oven_2_P1100108.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just ordered Maple syrup Powdered and Blackstrap Molasses Powdered from Amazon. I am planning on using for BBQ rub and baked beans. I hope it's good.
lol.gif
chef.gif

Also Burgundy wine powder. I was thinking of using it in salad dressing to start.

Anyone have other recipe suggestions for using my new acquisitions?

I also spied butter powder on Amazon. I am thinking maybe mixing butter powder, sriracha powder, vinegar powder and blue cheese powder together for a buffalo seasoning for popcorn, chips, fries etc.

Last edited:

Embryodad

I just ordered Maple syrup Powdered and Blackstrap Molasses Powdered from Amazon. I am planning on using for BBQ rub and baked beans. I hope it's good.
lol.gif
chef.gif

Also Burgundy wine powder. I was thinking of using it in salad dressing to start.

Anyone have other recipe suggestions for using my new acquisitions?

I also spied butter powder on Amazon. I am thinking maybe mixing butter powder, sriracha powder, vinegar powder and blue cheese powder together for a buffalo seasoning for popcorn, chips, fries etc.
DD uses sugar maple granular on her salmon when she grills it.

I would try some powder in with pancake batter etc.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD uses sugar maple granular on her salmon when she grills it.

I would try some powder in with pancake batter etc.

Thank you Jimmy.

I'm not a big fish lover but was thinking of BBQ chicken and ribs.

I use McCormick's liquid maple flavor in oatmeal, French toast and waffle/pancake batter. Will try the powder in place of liquid.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
A new addition to my tool box. Bear Paws. The best part is I got them for free just for downloading an app that manages my meds (shows info and reminds me to take them). I received an Amazon gift card.

I love these things. Makes short work of shredding a 4 lb. pork butt for Carnitas.

bear_paws.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Christmas gifts

I LOVE my new Braun! I got the basic model plus the masher attachment. I don't use a regular food processor often so I didn't get it.

Braun_MQ7_1.JPG

Braun_MQ7_2.JPG

Braun_MQ7_3.jpg

Masher attachment. Made mashed tatters in seconds.

braun_masher.jpg

Mini Fat Dadio 6"X3" pedestal springform pan. I love my large version because it doesn't leak due to the raised pedestal design. I will be using this in my Instant Pot. Obviously for cheesecake BUT also lasagna (maybe tonight) and taco pie plus others I'm sure.

6_inch_mini_cheesecake_pan.jpg

Mini silicone oven mits. Will make removing pans etc. from my Instant Pot but it will be great for removing hot stuff from the microwave oven, regular oven or toaster oven also.

IP_mini_mits.jpg

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the hand mixer 'storage' is clever - it's not like you can stack things on top of a mixer . . .

does the cord also 'store' in the underbucket thingee?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
the hand mixer 'storage' is clever - it's not like you can stack things on top of a mixer . . .

does the cord also 'store' in the underbucket thingee?

Yes the cord fits in there also. Iโ€™ll take a picture as soon as I can. The storage was what sold me on this make/model. I wanted a new mixer because the lowest speed on my old one was to fast. It would cause splatters especially when making whipped cream.
BTW the attachments from my old mixer fits the new one.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yes the cord fits in there also. Iโ€™ll take a picture as soon as I can. The storage was what sold me on this make/model. I wanted a new mixer because the lowest speed on my old one was to fast. It would cause splatters especially when making whipped cream.
BTW the attachments from my old mixer fits the new one.
Here's a picture of the bottom storage container with attachments and the cord.

cuisinart_mixer_022218_P1100312.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I picked these up with the last of my gift certificate credit.

4_oz_ball_jars_plastic_lids.jpg

These are perfect when making 1 box of pudding. 4 servings.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Early Mother's day gifts. Plus purchases using tax return.

Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt. 10-in-1

instant_pot_ultra_6_qt_may_5_2018.jpg

OXO steamer basket

oxo_steamer_may_5_2018.jpg

Silicone baby food trays, egg bites, poach pods (will be using in Instant Pot for cooking and for freezing portioned food like compound butter, stock ETC.) Can be used in freezer, Pressure cooker, microwave and oven.

silicone_freezer_trays_may_5_2018.jpg

Cuisinart 3.5 Qt. Sautรฉ pan

cuisinart_3.5_qt_pan__may_5_2018.jpg

Raskog Utility rack

raskog_rack_may_5_2018.jpg

Food service trays

food_sevice_trays_may_5_2018.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Needed a toaster so I stepped up to a 4 slice. I like the high lift lever, defrost and reheat options. Amazon $39.00

41Za4BBl1LL.jpg