How did you find Net Cooking Talk

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi all,
I'm trying to figure out what works. We have tried multiple ways to get the word out to folks. I'm looking for new users who did not find us through google, one of my other forums or via another member telling you about us.
We have some signs and other stuff out there. If you found us due to a message on a coffee cup or pen or on a car window please post here and let us know where, when and on what you saw Net Cooking Talk.
Thanks!!!!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Saw it listed over at Knifeforum.com by Chico who was invited by one of the moderators here but can't remember now. Just thought I would check out, liked it and stayed.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Sushi told me about this place where i would be able to post pix and not be edited..lol

i stayed:clap:

homecook

Sushi told me about this place where i would be able to post pix and not be edited..lol

i stayed:clap:

Where ya hiding them Bam??? :mrgreen:

JoeV told me about this place.

But you're wanting to know the "new people" right?? I've got my banner on my car and I've passed out pens. So we'll see.....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ah yes I went and looked and Sattie is the one that invited the Tourist hence me.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I won't be any help either, Doc. PieSusan told me this is where everyone had disappeared to.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I PM'd Barbara L looking for Fred (chow). She gave me his email add. He pointed me Here.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I noticed people on "the other" forum were being banned and figured they must be going somewhere. I figured my missing friends would be talking about it so I googled: "talk about Discuss Cooking" and voila there was NCT!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
BTW, just to make clear. PieSusan did not invite me via a private message from another site. We had a mutual friend who became ill and died and during his illness, we communicated using our private email addresses. When she told me about NCT, it was via my email address. Not that it's a big deal - I just wanted to make that clear.

Lefty

Yank
I will have to look at my PM at the OTHER site to see whom it was. I can't remember who turned me on to this site. (Disclaimer) I just got back from a 14 hour work day and happy hour. I love this place.

buckytom

Grill Master
i made a few comments about hoe chowdog was treated over at nazi valley one day, and got smacked in the knees by napolean for it.

just as i had made up my mind to take a break from there, lilly-lub let me know about the exodus to here. so i really have her to thank for it. and you have her to blame, i guess, lol.

as far as suggestions go, i'd recommended to them to produce things like small signs or business cards that could be left in restaurants and other food service joints. i figured that since a foodie is mostly defined by their love to eat, seeing a logo and maybe a catchy phrase would draw them out on the internet. so, maybe it could be done here. the pens, decals, and aprons are a very good idea as a start, imo.

lilylove

i made a few comments about hoe chowdog was treated over at nazi valley one day, and got smacked in the knees by napolean for it.

just as i had made up my mind to take a break from there, lilly-lub let me know about the exodus to here. so i really have her to thank for it. and you have her to blame, i guess, lol.

as far as suggestions go, i'd recommended to them to produce things like small signs or business cards that could be left in restaurants and other food service joints. i figured that since a foodie is mostly defined by their love to eat, seeing a logo and maybe a catchy phrase would draw them out on the internet. so, maybe it could be done here. the pens, decals, and aprons are a very good idea as a start, imo.

I should get a prize!!!! :yum: :yum::smile::smile::smile::smile::):)

TxsChef

Lucky invited me! Soooooooooooooooooo glad he did even though I don't have much time to play right now!!:a1:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Doc told me to get my butt over here after I posted several recipes in his Food And Drink thread on forumsforums.
Then Sush kept bugging me to join, soooo if anyone is to blame, it's actually Sush.:whistling:

Bilby

Before I joined DC and NCT, I was a member of EatingWA (still am, just not very active) and you may find looking at their site useful cos Joel has drummed up heaps of business thru competitions, prizes, restaurant discount cards, events (at restaurants and night clubs) and being linked to a newspaper. He also got his site associated with a big food/wine show that is held annually. He took EWA national last year and now it is OzEating. The site was originally started so we as consumers could post reviews of restaurants, cafes etc but has grown and shifted in its focus. It's demographics have altered too - much younger group than when I joined. The forum is not as used as it was and has shrunk heaps. Anyway, his background is marketing I think and is heavily connected to the liquour industry here. It may be worth invesigating.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, originally Doc wanted to know how people besides our invites got here. But since everyone is saying, I'm here because Terry (FishersMom) invited me. She found this place, then emailed me, and now I'm here. So blame her! :lol:

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok, originally Doc wanted to know how people besides our invites got here. But since everyone is saying, I'm here because Terry (FishersMom) invited me. She found this place, then emailed me, and now I'm here. So blame her! :lol:
NOBODY invited me!! i just can't remember how i got here.