Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon, Dies at 103

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon and Spartacus Star, Dies at 103

With over 92 acting credits, including some 75 movies, Douglas became a superstar even before the term was coined

By Stephen M. Silverman, Elizabeth Leonard and Alexia Fernandez February 05, 2020 01:14 PM

Kirk Douglas, one of the
leading stars of Hollywood’s golden age, has died. He was 103.

The Spartacus acting legend, who had been in good health since suffering a stroke in 1996, is survived by his wife of 65 years, Anne, and his sons Michael, Joel, and Peter.

“It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103,” Michael Douglas said in a statement to PEOPLE. “To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to.”

Michael continued, “But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, to Catherine, a wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchild their loving grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband.”

“Kirk’s life was well lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet,” Michael added. “Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son.”

In December, Michael, who followed in his father’s footsteps as an acting icon, became a Golden Globe nominee for The Kominsky Method as his father rang in his 103rd birthday.

To celebrate, Michael, 75, shared a sweet Instagram photo of his famous father and himself, thanking the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for nominating him on the same day as Kirk’s milestone birthday.

Read More >>> https://people.com/movies/kirk-douglas-dead/

Last edited: