Trader Joe Products ...

lilbopeep

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
What Trader Joe products have you tried? What would you recommend or not?

I did a TJ run today. Some old and some new products:

Avocado oil
Orange Muscat champagne vinegar
Candied pecans
Tart dry cherries
Cave aged blue cheese
Sorrento greens
Belgian chocolate pudding
Rice pudding
Frozen garlic cubes
Coconut creamer

The skinny on the new to me TJ products:

The Avocado oil has a delicate flavor.
The Orange Muscat champagne vinegar has a nice flavor but is pretty sweet and not very acidic. The dressing formula had to be adjusted to a 2:1 (2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil) ratio.

I made a pot of coffee with lunch to try the Coconut Creamer.
The coconut creamer (dairy free, soy free, gluten free, Vegan and Kosher D.E.) has a very mild taste.

All in all I am happy with the new to me items.

I have tried MANY more products.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I jst bought Avocado oil as well. One of the vendors that I know sells olive oils and honey and maple syrup.

Great stuff.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I went this morning. I didn't even look at the oils, darn!!!

I got the chocolate dipped macaroons. More Pumpkin roobus tea and pumpkin spice k-cups, since that's seasonal.

The pickle popcorn. the pita chips with craisins. Flax popcorn for myself.

The brownie crisps.....a packet of taco seasoning.

Was disappointed with the pumpkin babka. Liked the black and white cookies though!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I never tried the taco seasoning. And I am making tacos today or tomorrow. Must put that on my list!

I have a list of "wanna tries" that includes unbleached ap flour, white whole wheat flour and cream cheese. Oh and now taco seasoning. Lol

The frozen premade pie crust is wonderful. Better than Pillsbury.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Me also at times. lol And making homemade crust can be painful sometimes. Also the TJ's crust weighs more than the Pillsbury for only a few cents more.

The rice pudding and Belgian chocolate pudding is decadent.

Leni

I've been buying at TJ's for a very long time. Love all of their products. I wanted to swing by today but there was an accident on Ventura Blvd. I was going just for their pumpkin spice pancake mix. It is sooo good. I plan to buy at least ten or twelve boxes of it so I can make all through the coming year.

Their blue cheese roasted pecan dip is great and I love to put a spoon full on a BBQ'd steak. Makes a great sauce. I also put it into a mushroom on the grill for an snack.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Where is the blue cheese dip found? Cheese, dairy or frozen case. I love blue cheese and pecans.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just tried the Baconesque popcorn. It's white cheddar and bacon like flavor. It's a smoke flavor that tastes like bacon but isn't. It tastes fantastic! I couldn't believe there was no actual bacon on it. I will get another bag soon.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/2340

Attachments

• IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be on the look-out for both the blue cheese/pecan dip and the bacon popcorn - thanks, ladies!

Lee

Leni

The dip is near the cheeses and with the other dips. Best to buy a couple of them because you'll love it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The dip is near the cheeses and with the other dips. Best to buy a couple of them because you'll love it.

Ok went to TJ's and found the blue cheese and roasted pecan dip. A lady was next to me and asked how it tasted. I said I never tried it yet but someone had recommended it. We were next to the free sample/coffee stand so I asked the person working there if we could try it. He said of course with a huge genuine smile. He gave us both a sample and it was fantastic!! Thank you Leni. I picked up some steak at the regular market. So dinner will be steak and a baked potato both with the dip and a baby spinach and baby rocket salad (dressed with TJ cranberry, walnut and Gorgonzola dressing also "new to me").

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We like the blue/pecan dip.

My hub (who hates popcorn) is addicted to the white cheddar and bacon popcorn ? !

Leni

You'll also want to try TJ's spinach salad with sugared pecans, blue cheese and dried cranberries. The dressing is raspberry vinegrete. I take this to my club meetings and the guys go back for seconds and even thirds if there is any left.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
"Name Tag Beer"!!!!!!!!

The first TJ store in Florida opened a few years ago about a mile from my house. On opening day, Fran and pushed through the crowd to see what was going on. I picked up a sixer of Name Tag, a house brand beer just for kicks. When I got home I popped a top and took a sip. The first words out of my mouth were "Fran, this is Huber Bock!!!!"

I looked at the details on the can and sure as $hit it was brewed in Monroe, Wisconsin.

Huber Bock is the best beer in the USA and had been my favorite for decades. Then, years ago, it disappeared. Presently it is back on the market (very limited). There is only one store in my county where it can be found, they never stock more than three 12 bottle cases at a time, and when I'm there I buy all they have.

Name Tag is as close to Huber Bock as can be. Try it.

Side by side - Huber Bock and Name Tag - Name Tag is lighter in color but the taste is exactly the same. Same brewery, same brewmeister, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have tried The brownie crisps and they are great!! (my DD's once made brownie crisps by mistake... they use a 9X13 pan instead of an 8X8 and I loved them then about a month later I spied TJ's brownie crisps wish we could take credit LOL :brows:)

I also tried their shortbread cookies (both the button and the ones with the filling) They are wonderful!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got a couple of things at TJ's this past weekend that I'm delighted with.

Chocolate cookies, soft, are spectacular.

Gerbera daisies are cheery (but have to be propped up with straws).

Lee
Chocolate cookies, Trader Joe's.JPG
Gerbera daisies, TJ's.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wanted to pick up a bag of spinach to "health up" my turkey soup.

I found this great big bag of mixed greens for only $2.99 at TJ's!

Can't wait to make my soup tomorrow!

Lee
IMG_4679.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, yeah!

This will get me back to healthy lunches, after a week of eating starchy leftovers!

Lee
turkey soup.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Went to Trader Joe's and picked up a couple of these. They are fantastic!

tj_hot_cocoa_dunkers_092918_IMG_6284.jpg

They are seasonal and only have them for a very short time. Which is silly because you would think hot cocoa would be a winter thing. But they only have them for a couple of weeks in early fall. They will be gone by mid October maybe sooner.

They also had Pumpkin spice Kringle. We don't really care for the Kringle.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Spotted these delicious-looking tortillas on my last trip. Yum!

Made a taco salad. Can't wait to try a couple of tacos!

Lee
Handmade tortillas.JPG
Taco salad.JPG

Last edited:

Johnny West

We are buying the gluten and dairy free products but did buy a bottle of black rum made in Hawaii and look forward to experimenting with that.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stopped a Trader Joe's for cheese, spinach, and salad greens yesterday. I spied these at check out, and had to try them. They are fantastic!
Four flavors of chocolate coating. I will try to get back to pick up a few more, but with luck they are โ€œseasonalโ€ and will be out of stock till next year.

They are also available from Amazon.
Found this description on Amazon:
About this item

Made with 100% Arabica beans from Brazil, these Trader Joeโ€™s Coffee Loverโ€™s Espresso Beans come in a variety of colors that also happen to individually evoke a different style of coffee
The black ones are covered in rich, dark chocolate, bringing to mind a deep, dark mocha; The lighter brown ones, covered in milk chocolate, capture the essence of cappuccino
The tan-colored beans give an impression of caramel latte, and the white, speckled ones are all about smooth coffee and cream

41VCLnGoeOL.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I went to Trader Joe's today and picked up a few things that caught my eye. I haven't tried any but the vanilla bean paste, which is wonderful. I found the vanilla last year, and it makes a big difference in my cheesecake.

trader_joe_blood_orange_tea_091723_IMG_1594.jpg

trader_joe_furikake_091723_IMG_1589.jpg

trader_joe_green_goddess_seasoning_091723_IMG_1593.jpg

trader_joe_smoky_hot_chile_powder_091723_IMG_1590.jpg

trader_joe_vanilla_bean_paste_091723_IMG_1598.jpg