Braided Stuffed Pizza Bread

rocket_j_dawg

I'm not sure where this goes. I'm sure the mods will move it if this isn't the right forum. I got this recipe from the General Mills web site and it's a keeper.

http://www.lifemadedelicious.ca/rec...a-bread/a305763c-5aa7-4148-9664-923af6539326/

1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust
2 tbsp (25 mL) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs, or herb and garlic cream cheese
3 oz. (85 g) thinly sliced peameal bacon
10 slices pepperoni
1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp (25 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
1 tsp (5 mL) water
1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 mL) poppy seed
Pizza sauce, if desired
Instructions

1 Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll dough on baking sheet, forming 14x11-inch rectangle.

2 Spread garlic and herb cheese lengthwise down center 1/3 of rectangle to within 1/2 inch of short ends. Top with peameal bacon, pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.

3 With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling. Fold ends under to seal.

4 In small bowl, mix egg yolk and water until well blended. Brush over dough; sprinkle with poppy seed.

5 Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into crosswise slices. Serve with pizza sauce.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You should include that beautiful picture you posted in the other thread.

Is Peameal bacon what we in the USA call Canadian bacon?

Moxie

American style Canadian bacon is really just a small ham. It is sometimes called back bacon.

American bacon is called streaky bacon everywhere else. It comes from the belly.

Peameal bacon is pork loin that has been cured, but not smoked. Pics here.

Irish/English bacon is the loin with a piece of the belly still attached. Here.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good RJD. :thumb: :tiphat:

Thanks Moxie. Those pics in your link make me so hungry. Mmmmmm Looks so good. Mouthwatering. :D

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I tried the muffaletta version of this last night. I've got to work on my braiding technique before I take a picture :whistling:. Quick, easy, good - I'll be making another one pretty soon.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm not sure where this goes. I'm sure the mods will move it if this isn't the right forum. I got this recipe from the General Mills web site and it's a keeper.

http://www.lifemadedelicious.ca/rec...a-bread/a305763c-5aa7-4148-9664-923af6539326/

1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust
2 tbsp (25 mL) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs, or herb and garlic cream cheese
3 oz. (85 g) thinly sliced peameal bacon
10 slices pepperoni
1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp (25 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
1 tsp (5 mL) water
1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 mL) poppy seed
Pizza sauce, if desired
Instructions

1 Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll dough on baking sheet, forming 14x11-inch rectangle.

2 Spread garlic and herb cheese lengthwise down center 1/3 of rectangle to within 1/2 inch of short ends. Top with peameal bacon, pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.

3 With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling. Fold ends under to seal.

4 In small bowl, mix egg yolk and water until well blended. Brush over dough; sprinkle with poppy seed.

5 Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into crosswise slices. Serve with pizza sauce.

Sounds DELISH!!

Can you post a pic of it, please? :eating2:

rocket_j_dawg

Sounds DELISH!!

Can you post a pic of it, please? :eating2:
Here you go Shermie.

photo5_zps0d7b895c.jpg

photo6_zpse5a27844.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice job on the braid, rocket!

I actually had mine looking pretty good...until...I looked over to the right and there sat my olive relish. The braid already had the egg wash on it, so pulling it apart and putting it back together kind of messed it up.

I'm already thinking up different fillings to try.