Sunday Dinner 7/12

homecook

Is anyone making dinner/supper tonight???

I'm grilling some rib-eyes and T-bones, corn on the cob and garden salad.

What will you be enjoying???

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Festival Food. Probably BBQ chicken and fresh cut fries, topped off with a nice, greasy funnel cake. Heart attack with powdered sugar.

homecook

Festival Food. Probably BBQ chicken and fresh cut fries, topped off with a nice, greasy funnel cake. Heart attack with powdered sugar.

John brought me home some ribs last night from there. They were pretty good. He's up there now playing cards.

urmaniac46

we are getting our indoor barbecue grill going. Corn on the cob, Bruschetta, roasted bell peppers and pork chops are on their way:biggrin:

Love2"Q"

beer can chicken .. grilled corn ..
salad .. mashed taters and gravy ..
maybe some boxed stuffing ...
had a great day at the beach today ..

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Bratwurst's, mustard potato salad (recipe I got here and added to it) and corn on the cob. I might add this is one of the best basic potato salads I've had. Great stuff and love it.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I love it and get it all to myself as the others won't even try it.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'm smoking a brisket, sorry, no pics. I'm not in the caring mood today. I didn't do what I was told to do and just threw it in a Jack Daniels marinade, which is very good, and I will make baked beans and mashed tato's.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Seems like Sunday my son and his financee join us...

We had chilled mango soup with rum cream swirl.
And...Lou's favourite (seems like it's one of Mark's favourites too...) Chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes, corn, tossed salad and for Mark..applesauce.

Birthday cake for dessert.

chowhound

I'm making Keltin's DO sausage and veggie dish I like so much. I might throw some onion and a little bacon in it, too. I haven't decided on another course yet. Maybe I'll dig out Homecook's cheese and macaroni thing I made a while back. Two hearty, filling dishes.

GotGarlic

I'm making my Iron Chef entry (hope to have it posted by 9 p.m.) - grilled marinated London broil with grilled corn and a green salad. Ice cream for dessert.

chowhound

Hey, lookee what I found, Homecook :biggrin:
I saw them in the local town grocery store, which y'all know I don't like using except for very few items, but I was out of milk. And the remaining carrots I bought there four days ago were moldy already. I looked over in the corn bin and there they were..... corn with obvious handles.....
No one was working of course that knew where they came from. I doubt they are local. I hope they taste good!

Attachments

• corn handles.jpg
    corn handles.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 127

chowhound

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum: OMG!!!

You're obsessed. lol Mine taste real good....they're bi-color sweet.

Maybe we should start a "show us your handles" thread... :clap:
uuh, on second thought... :unsure:

:yum:

Mine looked white looking at the very tip. We'll see. They just hit the grill.

homecook

Maybe we should start a "show us your handles" thread... :clap:
uuh, on second thought... :unsure:

:yum: Probably not a good idea!

Mine looked white looking at the very tip. We'll see. They just hit the grill.

Oh, you don't strip it down in the store to make sure there are kernels all the way to the top??? My stores love me...I check everything before I buy it, if I don't like how it looks I put it back and look for better. :ohmy:

chowhound

No I don't. I grill it with the husk on, so I would be kinda screwed up if I did that.
Payed for it tonight though... the kernels on the end, which looked normal, got no bigger as they went down. I ended up throwing them out. It was like pygmy corn. What a waste. Last time I buy corn there now, too.
That spot on the side of the plate there... that's where the two ears were supposed to have gone :furious:

The rest was good though.

Attachments

• DO sausage 7-12.jpg
    DO sausage 7-12.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 126

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Tossed Salad, Garlic Bread, Spaghetti made with (Italian sausage,Hamburger,Porkchops,). Ice Cream.

homecook

No I don't. I grill it with the husk on, so I would be kinda screwed up if I did that.
Payed for it tonight though... the kernels on the end, which looked normal, got no bigger as they went down. I ended up throwing them out. It was like pygmy corn. What a waste. Last time I buy corn there now, too.
That spot on the side of the plate there... that's where the two ears were supposed to have gone :furious:

No, I don't mean strip off the husk completely, just the top part to see if it's a full ear. I also grill it in the husk. I'm sorry to hear that, would you like me send you some of mine??? :flowers:

The rest of your meal looks great!! I'm going to have to try that recipe sometime soon.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter

Chowhound- How did you get everything so juicy! Looks fantastic!
:a1:

homecook

Dinner tonight....grilled T-bone steak, corn on the cob, baked redskin potato, garlic stick and garden salad.

Hey chow!!! Look at the handle on this baby! LOL

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Deelady

We grilled steak with sweet potato fries for DF and the little one and I ate a necterine and a mini blueberry muffin.....sigh.....

We went to a festival today and got to stay a whole ten minutes before I had to leave in a hurry cause i thought I was gonna be ill...fun fun fun...I didnt even get the chance to buy some Kettle corn!! :(

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Lovin the corn pics, LOL! Now I gotta go back up to the store and get some more to roast up. I do em in the husk as well, but when I was picking them out, two ladies were standing there meticulously de-husking the ones they had selected and throwing the husks away!:shock:

Here is our dinner: Fried chicken using the Louisiana mix Peggy sent us, mashed potatoes and gravy, and collared greens flavored with Creole seasoning (also from Peggy) and bacon. Collared greens came from DW's garden:

Attachments

• DSCF3942.jpg
    DSCF3942.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF3945.jpg
    DSCF3945.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 82