Smothered Pork Chops

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Smothered Pork Chops

Pork chops - allow 2 per person or to appetite (thin, bone in taste better)
Poultry seasoning
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Adobo seasoning (spice mix - not the Chile paste)
Accent (or MSG) - optional
Salt and ground black pepper
Olive oil
Sauerkraut - bag - drained
Potatoes - peeled and cut into medium thick slices
Onion - sliced into thin half moons
2 pkgs. Pork gravy mix
Fennel seeds
Caraway seeds
ALL SPICES AND SEEDS TO TASTE

Season chops on both sides with the spices to taste and brown well on both sides in small amount of olive oil in heavy pan (NOT a non-stick pan). Remove chops from pan. Add olive oil to pan if necessary. Sauté onions and potatoes till they pick up all the brown pieces from the pan. Add pork gravy mix to pan and 2 cups water. Whisk till smooth. Cook till gravy thickens. Add the drained sauerkraut, fennel seeds and caraway seeds and stir to combine. Add the chops to pan and bury under sauerkraut, onions and potatoes. Cover and simmer, turn chops occasionally, till chops are tender and potatoes are cooked. Add water to pan if gravy gets to thick.

Enjoy!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I make a simple version of smothered chops all the time. This one is loaded and over the top!! I never thought to do this! I'll definitely be trying it. Thank you!! :thumb:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I make a simple version of smothered chops all the time. This one is loaded and over the top!! I never thought to do this! I'll definitely be trying it. Thank you!! :thumb:
you're welcome sweetie. i always try to make things exciting!! LOL let me know what you think of them. it definitely gives them a different spin and flavor.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
you're welcome sweetie. i always try to make things exciting!! LOL let me know what you think of them. it definitely gives them a different spin and flavor.
Thanks for the recipe, LBP.. Only problem is that DW does not like sauerkraut, but I think we can do it with the rest of the ingredients.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks for the recipe, LBP.. Only problem is that DW does not like sauerkraut, but I think we can do it with the rest of the ingredients.
my best friend HATED saurkraut witha passion till she tasted this. now this is the only saurkraut she will eat. it looses a lot of its sour flavor.