dinner sunday may 24

Love2"Q"

lots of grilling today ..
baby back ribs hitting the smoker shortly ..
using fresh rosemary to add to the smoke ..
italian fatty with ham, salami, ricotta and mozzerela cheese ..
and some pizza sauce ..
abts .. have to have these once a week ..

smoked baked beans ..
potato salad ..

not sure about dessert ..
thinking of a nice 2009 bud light to start off with ..
then move on to a rich corona ..

homecook

We will probably just have a bunch of finger foods today. We'll be watching the Cavs beat Magic tonight!!
I'll also be getting things ready for our cook-out tomorrow.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I don't know what the guys are having, but, I am making Sass's Asparagus Lasagna

chowhound

Whoa, Q.... 2009?! Starting off with the good stuff (lol).

I'm having that steak that better be thawed by now, along with a baked (grilled) potato and grilled asparagus. And a mushroom shallot garlic sauce. I might just wrap some of the spears up with bacon, too. And I'm using my WSM as a charcoal grill just for the heck of it.

Just for a recap on last night's dinner, taking the ribs off and wrapping them in foil until the beans were done worked excellent. They may have even steamed away in there and became more tender, as they were incredibly tender. I had them sitting on the porch railing for about an hour. I sauced them with SBR's vidalia BBQ sauce and boy was that sweet and oniony. Very good, but next time I'll add a little hot sauce to tame the sweetness down (lol). The beans were kicked up Bush's with bacon, onion, green pepper, garlic, dry mustard, brown sugar, catsup, crushed red pepper, BBQ sauce and crushed pineapple. I didn't eat until about 11, so only a shot of them on the grill.

Attachments

• IMG_3134.jpg
    IMG_3134.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 141

Love2"Q"

those beans look great .. i thought i had pineapple and
green peppers for mine .. but i dont ..
oh well ..
i like to wrap my ribs in foil ..

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're headed to my exhusband's place...he and his girlfriend are making london broil and wings..

I'm bringing marinated portebello mushrooms to grill. Those will be served on garlic bread with fresh mozzarella and basil.

I also made a raspberry cream pie and chocolate chip strawberry shortcakes.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Q'd meatloaf, Q'd beef sausages, devilled eggs and not sure what the side dishes are going to be..

2 different sauces for the meatloaf
the first is just going to be sweet baby rays original
the second is going to be a sour black cherry bbq sauce of sorts

the best thing about today is i have my cousins 6 year old daughter helping me Q... lots of pics to follow

chowhound

Gawd..... this steak just don't wanna git et! The darn thing is still frozen! And I put it in the fridge Friday night. The sour cream next to it isn't frozen. Nothing else in the fridge is frozen. I already had a chimneyful of charcoal going, too.
So I'm snuffing the charcoal out. And the potatoes I had nuking for a minute prior to placing them on the grill are now going to be home fries with vidalias. And I'm glad I've got that half rack of ribs leftover from last night. I might as well warm some beans up, too.
I can only hope that tomorrow when this thread comes around and I say I'm grilling a ribeye..... that I still feel like grilling a ribeye (lol).

lilylove

Lazy dinner...

Premade burgers ... Paul's going to BBQ them and I'll cut up some onions, tomatoes and pickles to go on top, maybe some swiss cheese.

No bun for me but I might ( If I get unlazy, saute some mushrooms)

Love2"Q"

that fish looks good ...
last nights dinner cooking ..have to say .. putting fresh rosemary on the
smoker was pretty cool .. gave a great aroma ..
couldnt taste it on the ribs .. i might try more next time ..

Attachments

• DSC_0024 [].jpg
    DSC_0024 [].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 122

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Everyones look so good!! Well, except Bam's!! That stuff is nasty, but, you'll sleep good!! LOL