What's for Sunday Dinner, 03/08/09?

Calicolady

I have a hankering for fish.
I have some pollack, tilapia, scallops and shrimp in the freezer. But not exactly sure which/what I'll do yet.

Any other ideas?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
No idea whatsoever. DW asked me what I wanted, and I said "nothing" since I was sitting here eating a sammie for lunch.

Tickle Me Elmo

Pretty mild today, so it might be a day to fire up the grill. Better get on the stick since everything's frozen. I think there are some nice thick pork chops that would be good candidates for the flame.

Angie

Bams Cream Cheese Chicken, with mashed potatoes. Not sure what vegetable hubby can have yet.

lilylove

I have a hankering for fish.
I have some pollack, tilapia, scallops and shrimp in the freezer. But not exactly sure which/what I'll do yet.

Any other ideas?

Check out the garlic shrimp and scallop recipe I posted yesterday Cali. It's realllly goooood!!!:flowers:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, I had to get off my ass and go to the store in the driving rain to get some stuff, and found two nice beef shanks in a package for less than $3. So, back home and get out the soup pot. Also have some cold proofed sourdough in the fridge that I'll bake off a little later in a covered Pyrex container and have some crusty bread with the soup. Sure smells good in here right now. Maybe some pics later.

suziquzie

I was planning on the leftovers from last nights dinner out but they seem to have disappeared.
:(
BUMMER!
Now I have no freakin' clue. I really wanted the Vietnamese food! Anyone care to deliver?

chowhound

I might be in the mood for grilled chicken wings later, but I'm not really hungry right now.
This morning around 9.... or was it 8, I had a big bowl of leftovers from last night's dinner, Keltin's DO veggies and sausage (with green beans and bacon added). Then around 2.... or was it 1, I thawed out some goulash and had that for a quickie lunch. So right now I'm still not hungry and everything is frozen. The wings would be a no brainer and pack enough flavor that I could probably handle them for dinner.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
P1010542.jpg

Cold-proofed sourdough bread...

P1010543.jpg

Beef vegetable soup with pearl barley, made with beef shanks and marrow bones.

P1010544.jpg

Locutus

Cream of mushroom soup, unsalted crackers, and a vicodin for the pain from saturday's fall onto the concrete.:sad:

suziquzie

Decided on hamburger stroganoff....

the giant Sam's club tub o sour cream needs to be used in a not so slow manner.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I just looked at your recipe, Stacy, and it uses flour tortillas!!! Yeah, I love those best and I never knew you could use them for enchiladas. But I'm wondering, do you think I could just leave out the chicken and have these as cheese enchiladas? Those are my favorite and if I could make them with flour tortillas, I'd be in heaven!!!

lilylove

I don't see any reason that you'd HAVE to use the chicken! Good thing about recipes is that they were meant for changing. lol!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Roasted Cornish game hens rubbed with a mixture of sage, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, sea salt and garlic. Put the spices in with 1/4 stick of butter and mix it with your hands till it makes a paste. Rub it all over the bird and roast. Stove top dressing and wilted some spinach for on the side.

AC