Wow. DD doesn't like lamb!

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Thinking back, my mom never ate lamb chops but bought them for us. (She doesn't like chicken either.)

Last week, I got a chicken stuffed with lamb and tongue and DD couldn't eat it. I also made meatballs with ground lamb so I don't dare give them to her for dinner.

Isn't it unusual not to like lamb? It's a delicacy!

Saliha

I know few people here whose dislike lamb. They say that it tastes like wet mitten.

:ermm:

I like it (I mean lamb, not wet mittens).

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think it's pretty common not to like lamb. People say it's "gamey".

A couple of people in my family wouldn't eat it, but the rest of us love it.

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
DW says she won't eat lamb 'because they're too cute'

okay.

well, we wuz at a food fest and (later named) 'best of show' was mini-lamb chops on the bone-finger food, really small chops - bite-and-a-half size. DW couldn't keep her mitts out of the tray....she likes lamb but doesn't eat lamb.

huh? how'szat work?

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I know a few people that don't like or wont eat it because it's a baby. (If they had any clue how old most of the chicken are that they eat.) But some have said it tasted flowery or gamy. My husband and I both love it and have it at least once every two weeks. Nothing like some pan seared chops in a cast iron!

chilefarmer

I to don't care for lamb, I will eat it but not my favorite. I am a beef person, although I do like goat quite well. I find in my area lamb and goat cost way more than beef or pork. CF

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i concur w/ lee.
myself- i luv, luv lamb- namely rack of lamb. so delicious. CM, hehe. i wanna know how many'll have a gyro, yet say they dislike lamb.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
whenever DW goes out of town and I'm left to cook for meself - it's lamb and/or veal.

youse likely tired of my whining about our local Giant meat department - but having given up on their meats, "Houston I have a problem" because the local butcher does not handle lamb or veal at all. I have to drive up to Sam's Club and hope they have something under 25 pounds . . .

Leni

I think that a lot of it is that we didn't eat lamb growing up. Then to us it has a funny taste.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i also happen to luv tongue sammices. not many a food i have not tried in my few years. be not afraid, i say. try new stuff.