Tabouli - Tried and True

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I made this last night and loved it. I hope that you might enjoy as well.

Andy

Tabouli Tried and True

Ingredients:

• 1 Portion of Quinoah ( See Below)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 clove garlic
  • 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
  • 2 plum tomatoes
  • 1 English or hothouse cucumber (Use about half)
Preparation:

• Start the Quinoah cooking. Put two cups of water in a pot and heat. When it starts to boil, add 1 cup of Quinoah, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the Quinoah is fluffy.
  • Take quite a few mint leaves and chop extra small, I used a package from the food store and I got the ¼ cup after I finely chopped it.
  • I took the leaves and small stems off the parsley and left the long stems. I finely chopped this and used it all.
  • In a big work bowl, I put the mint, parsley and dry ingredients.
  • I cut the tomatoes and about half of the cucumber into pieces about 1/8” . Fine chopping seems to be important.
  • I crushed tow big cloves of garlic and chopped them fine.
  • I used my potato ricer to juice the lemon to get the ¼ cup needed.
  • It all goes in the bowl and mix. I have read some recipes where it says to do the chopping in the blender or food processor. I like the texture better if I do it by hand. It is certainly up to you.
  • By now the Quinoah should be done. I dumped it right from the pot into the bowl and mixed. It tasted pretty darn good a bit warm just as I finished it. After cooling overnight it is even better. I hope you try this and enjoy. So far as the portions of anything here, they are can all be altered to your taste, after all, I certainly did. LOL
  • I would expect it to last several days in the fridge. It tasted so good that I expect it to be long gone in a day or two.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds wonderful, Andy! I make this, but never thought of adding mint. That's great, since I'm always looking for ways to use my fresh mint plant every summer!

I add chopped green onion instead of garlic, but may try it your way.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sherm - I believe that ours the usual ingredient. After loosing 65# I am on a tour of healthy foods. There are several recipes out there using Quinoah. Try it, you may like it. Variety is the spice of life.