TGIFriday 2/3/2012 Whats the cooking plan?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I plan on putting on a pot of lentil soup and some brown rice. When eaten together they are a very healthy meal. I will take some to work.

Any plans?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going out for something, cuz the fridge is empty and I need to get into vacation mode early. A whole week of eating food prepared by others will be a treat. Look out seafood..here comes a hungry guy. There's plenty of seafood on a cruise ship, and I will exploit it.:bouncy: I might even have one or two :margarita:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Going out for something, cuz the fridge is empty and I need to get into vacation mode early. A whole week of eating food prepared by others will be a treat. Look out seafood..here comes a hungry guy. There's plenty of seafood on a cruise ship, and I will exploit it.:bouncy: I might even have one or two :margarita:
Have fun Joe enjoy and have a safe voyage!

Embryodad

Have one on me Joe!... You deserve it!...

Embryodad

I had a salad for lunch. A small one DW picked up at one of the fast food places.

DW is in PA today hitting the stores for sales on Sugar. Something is gonna hit and hit hard when the clamp down on buying sugar.....even though adults can??

I Don't trust anything going on today. What a shame!

DW usually brings me back some stuff to eat..so I will hold off making anything till I hear from her. L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it's another pasta nite fer me. not much cooking oomph. (busy day/late nite last nite). think i'll just make linguine/clams in a redd sauce or spinach spaghetti w/ redd sauce that i'll also add spinach to.
(btw: if you're curious 'bout my sp. of 'redd' it should be on urban dictonary. really it means to clean in pittsburghese.)

Embryodad

I knew it!
Mommy took care of her starving husband...
smile.gif

She brought me a pizza (Square Cut) from the Honky Tonk Restaurant / Saloon in Dunmore, PA.

It was great tasting, and a little on the thicker side. I like it like that!

Plus she got me a couple cases of 12 Ga. Shot Shells that were on sale. I'm all set now!

b23871b1.jpg

ce0bbafb.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
poor starving jimmy! mmmmm...... pizza.
we'd conversed previously on sq. cuts & triangular cuts & i said we haven't got sq. here that i know of. OMG, yes we have, totally forgot! (-aubrey smacking self in forehead-). there's a place that sells it in a local city. so good. so good, in fact, that there's a group on fb for people that luv the place.

Embryodad

poor starving jimmy! mmmmm...... pizza.
we'd conversed previously on sq. cuts & triangular cuts & i said we haven't got sq. here that i know of. OMG, yes we have, totally forgot! (-aubrey smacking self in forehead-). there's a place that sells it in a local city. so good. so good, in fact, that there's a group on fb for people that luv the place.
Yeah! luvs... Square Pizza for Jimmy the Square... hahahahaha

Growin up in NEPA..it was rare to see a round pizza pie. There was this one place called "Naples"...and Dad would have to drive 4 mi. to the west side to get it.

The best square was at a Bar called "Angies"..and she would make the pizza and have it ready when the Miners would come out from working, and she used to use a little Poor Board ( Yellow Cheese ) on top. It would scorch in spots, and would puff up like a open faced toasted cheese sammich. Ummmm!
There were no boxes. She would cut the squares and place them on a cut up piece of cardboard wrapped with wax paper. ... all for $1.75. No such thing as toppings.

Dad would pick it up, and also a few quarts of brew...and we would sit on the front porch in the summer and watch the trucks and traffic, and watch the sparks fall from the overhead electric lines when the street cars would pass by in the center of the road. That was our fireworks display fer sure.

Wow! Talk about entertaining. L O L ...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sounds good! my fave place is this 'lil no-frills shop called & another close second is this one on the same block. yum, they must use whole-milk mozzarella @ the 1 place. it's so greasy-licious. too bad the owner of the one shop, the 2nd one, one of them, is so arrogant. pic of a few cuts from aiello's last time i was there.

http://www.aiellospizza.com/

http://www.mineospizza.com/

Attachments

• IMG_2081559.jpg
    IMG_2081559.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Marinated New York Strips ................

001-9.jpg

....served with Spanish Rice, Soybeans w/ Sliced Mushrooms

002-7.jpg

and a tomato / cucumber ring...

tomatoRing.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
sounds good! my fave place is this 'lil no-frills shop called & another close second is this one on the same block. yum, they must use whole-milk mozzarella @ the 1 place. it's so greasy-licious. too bad the owner of the one shop, the 2nd one, one of them, is so arrogant. pic of a few cuts from aiello's last time i was there.

http://www.aiellospizza.com/

http://www.mineospizza.com/

Marinated New York Strips ................

001-9.jpg

....served with Spanish Rice, Soybeans w/ Sliced Mushrooms

002-7.jpg

and a tomato / cucumber ring...

tomatoRing.jpg
OH MY LORD!! You two are killing me! YUM X 1000!

Leni

Here in the Valley is a place called Barone's. It started up in the 1940's and no pizza pans were available then so they had to go with rectangular ones. It's easily the best pizza in LA. The original one was in Taluca Lake as I recall. Lots of movie starts went there. The one in Encino closed and moved to a new location. They still use the original pans. I didn't know that anyplace else used anything other than a round pan.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sorry, peep!

leni, sounds good!

square is def. not seen near here except a few places. & i have ingested so much pizza. these guys, i think the president was @ one & that, & i know some famous people have gone there.