What are you eating Sunday, 6/21/2020 to Saturday, 6/27/2020?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I don't know what dinner will be tonight. Maybe ordering something.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Potato skins, roasted chicken wings with our favorite BBQ sauce, and fresh corn fritters.

Attachments

• 2020-06-21 18.07.38.jpg
    2020-06-21 18.07.38.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 134

Embryodad

We had fillet mignon.
Tina picked up a whole one cryovaced, and they were on sale Regular$110.00 for $78.00 at the Livingston ShopRight . It was really so tender.
DD made a cheese cake, and rice pudding. We celebrated Fathers day, so the kids came over.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As far as I know, my son..oldest granddaughter and I are going out for dinner.
She wants Chinese.
I'd like the Japanese steak house.
We shall see.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Med, what is the white stuff on the corn fritters? Confectioner' sugar???

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I are sharing a Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pork Fried Rice combo.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pan Seared Prime Rib, Air Fries, Steamed Green Beans & Cauliflower,
Salad with Egg...

Salad, Garden with Egg.jpg

Prime rib.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Homemade special fried rice.

Attachments

• 2020-06-22 18.09.14.jpg
    2020-06-22 18.09.14.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 133

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Last night We had Chinese also-
Pork Egg Foo Young.
House Fried Rice.
For Lunch today is one
of them Fat Miller Hot dogs
w/ Chili & Cheese.

Attachments

• 1lunch.jpg
    1lunch.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 127

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We ended up going to Ninja, Sushi Hibachi & Thai because my granddaughter Kasey loves it.

I got the cucumber salad, chicken satay, shrimp tempura and not shown, cheese wontons.

My son Jeff got the lobster sushi roll.

Kasey got the beef bento box.

We had a fabulous time!

20200622_154952.jpg

20200622_162000.jpg

20200622_160554.jpg

20200622_160557.jpg

20200622_160550.jpg

20200622_161748.jpg

20200622_182804.jpg
:wub:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to cook New Orleans style bbq shrimp using the Ruth's Chris recipe. I have used that recipe twice and have always been happy with the results. It contains a ton of butter, but whatever, haven't cooked it in a while. Plus that, it's very easy.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, Duck Fat -Fried Spuds n' Onions, Peas & Leftie Carrots, Salad, Zesty Italian

Chicken Drums , BBQ.jpg

Embryodad

I had a repeat of yesterday ..... Cod fish, and Italian fried meatballs.
DD goes back to work tomorrow. ( Facials / waxing / etc. ).
She looks like a OR nurse with all her face gear and shield.

Oh!... hahahahaha....it was funny. We opened the box of lexan face shields the other day, and there is Tina, "I can't see out of this thing. It's all dull and foggy!" I was laughing, and said, "If you remove the protective film on the shield, you will be able to see better!"
She removed one, but said it was a little better; and she put it away.
Maria said,"Ma...try removing the one on the inside!"
Oh Wow, she said....."Now I can See!"

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's working Wednesday, so no cooking.
I'm making seafood salad on sandwich thins with spinach for my lunch.

Last night was dinner at the chinese buffet in Defiance Ohio.
A last minute decision after shopping at Hobby Lobby for a new decorative wall clock for my apartment.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I shared an order of sausage, peppers and onions last night.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Peep made me want a corned beef sandwich. I picked up groceries this morning and have corned beef in the crock pot for tonight. It was $3.50/lb. I thought that was a really good deal considering the price of ground beef.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Having issues today. Car a/c is getting fixed $1000+.
Dryer motor is working but drum isn’t turning. Service call set for Friday. Then who knows how long it will take for parts to arrive and repair call.

No clue what dinner will be.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Asian pork belly buns with Asian pickles, sriracha and hoisin. Carrot and radish Asian slaw as a side.

Attachments

• 2020-06-24 17.43.45.jpg
    2020-06-24 17.43.45.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 99

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made one of our favorite old stand-boys. Duck breast with a port wine gastrique and dried cherries. I served it on puree of parsnip.

Attachments

• 20200624_202833.jpg
    20200624_202833.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 95

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Asian pork belly buns with Asian pickles, sriracha and hoisin. Carrot and radish Asian slaw as a side.

How do you make your pickle? Is it sweet or salty?

I often make something similar, but I make daikon and carrot salt pickle, and some sweet watermelon rind pickle.

Embryodad

Sick of hot dogs / steaks / soup / fish..... So I suggested Chinese carry out.
Had just pork fried rice, and egg rolls. Gosh! It hit the spot.

Embryodad

Having issues today. Car a/c is getting fixed $1000+.
Dryer motor is working but drum isn’t turning. Service call set for Friday. Then who knows how long it will take for parts to arrive and repair call.

No clue what dinner will be.
peeps..... call them and tell them the dryer model number. Then tell them to bring a belt with them. That way, you won't have to wait for a reschedule when they wait to get the part. From what you said that the dryer runs, but the drum does not turn, it appears the belt is broken.
Good luck with the car A/C ..... That's a must have in this day and age.
Tina had heat stroke tuesday in WalMart. She said the store was so warm; she had perspiration running off her head, and prayed to make it to the car.
She was dehydrated. Poor thing had leg cramps all day and night too!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
How do you make your pickle? Is it sweet or salty?

I often make something similar, but I make daikon and carrot salt pickle, and some sweet watermelon rind pickle.

It was a new recipe. I had made them for another Asian meal a week or so ago and had them leftover so I decided to use them up instead of making the normal quick pickle that I make to go with the pork belly buns. Anyway, they kind of remind me of an Asian flavored bread and butter pickle. I am not fond of bread and butter pickles at all and am kind of on the fence about these, especially when eaten by themselves, as they were with the first meal. On the buns, they were pretty good.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
It was a new recipe. I had made them for another Asian meal a week or so ago and had them leftover so I decided to use them up instead of making the normal quick pickle that I make to go with the pork belly buns. Anyway, they kind of remind me of an Asian flavored bread and butter pickle. I am not fond of bread and butter pickles at all and am kind of on the fence about these, especially when eaten by themselves, as they were with the first meal. On the buns, they were pretty good.

Do you make your own buns? I get mine from a local Asian grocery. Since I am usually yeast challenged, I haven't tried making them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you make your own buns? I get mine from a local Asian grocery. Since I am usually yeast challenged, I haven't tried making them.

HEY Kathy!!! I have been yeast-challenged all of my adult life, until retirement and Covid intersected a couple of months ago at which time I decided to buckle down and start learning to make yeast breads.

My epiphany was using a Thermopen instant read thermometer to take the temp of the liquid I was mixing the yeast it. Wa-la! Bread!

Still trying to get the hang of getting the dough to the correct consistency to form a smooth ball.

Lee

b

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

Yes, they are very easy to make. I use Momofuku's recipe at Food 52 for the buns, pork belly and pickles most of the time, though i also use a braised recipe on here last time I made Asian pork belly that was very good and also gave me lots of lovely broth that can be used for pho and similar type soups. I quartered the bun recipe and only made 6 buns yesterday since we were using up the last of the cooked pork belly from the freezer.