I Love Cornbread

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Banana Bread

Well, how the heck simple is THAT, Sattie???

Just the thought of it toasted and buttered is making my mouth water!

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Me too. I am definitely going to do this - we have bananas growing in our yard and get a HUGE crop about twice a year. I bake banana bread like crazy. I'll just toss those babies in the freezer when they all ripen at once. Thanks, Sattie!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady

Your welcome! And it's easy enough that you can tailor to make it your own. I even thought about using 4 bananas to see if it would come out moister? I used two mini loaf pans as opposed to a large one.

homecook

Your bread looks delicious!!!! You've got me wanting to make some now.....

This is the only time I make banana bread......when I've got a stash in the freezer. I've been doing it for years like this.

Saliha

Collection of Sweet Quick-Breads

https://rachelhowdenblog.wordpress.com/category/food/bread/

All of them look good:

dsc_0326.jpg

Note also tri-colored sweet breads in the same link:

dsc_0129.jpg

Saliha

Garlic Bread

I just made this at this evening:

pt7tac8qtj4w.jpg

1 loaf of Italian bread or French bread
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 - 2 tablespoon olive oil
2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley or other herbs (fresh or dried - I used sage and basil)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1 Preheat oven to 350F/175C.

2 Cut the bread in half, horizontally. Mix the butter, olive oil garlic, and parsley (or other herbs) together in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture over the the two bread halves. Place on a sturdy baking pan (one that can handle high temperatures, not a cookie sheet) and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.

3 Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over bread if you want. Return to oven on the highest rack. Broil on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the edges of the bread begin to toast and the cheese (if you are using cheese) bubbles. Watch very carefully while broiling. The bread can easily go from un-toasted to burnt.

4 Remove from oven, let cool a minute. Remove from pan and make 1-inch thick slices. Serve immediately.