What are you doing today?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
You must save a ton of money by working on your own cars, Jimmy. I know I dread every time mine has to go in the shop...cha ching!

I have a ton of errands to run this afternoon. Of course, they're spread out all over town, so I'm trying to decide which ones I can put off until later...typical me :huh:.

my Daddy owned a mechanic place. i swear, he refused to repair cars we owned. lol. jerk.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Worked around here getting ready for the cold and snow coming tonight. Amish boys were up this afternoon for a few hours and we got another stack in the woodshed. Still have a long way to go. Temp dropped like a rock this afternoon and the wind really got blowing hard.

Leni

The last days we really didn't need to run the AC. Finally some cooler weather. Heading for the beach tomorrow for a week. My nephew will babysit the house.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have a headache that is so painful. ignoring that as is feasible. ignoring my neighbor's stinky fries, too. yuck. i luv 'em; that odor is worse than stuff that u might find in a diaper, though.

Saliha

Cold raining outside so I am planning to stay inside and make some homeworks... which most likely means that I drink tea, watch TV and knit wool socks. Or take a nap. Or sit on computer all day.

:yum:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
smelling those stinky fries, yet. she so needs to avoid 'em, not imbibe. i'm craving a cheeseburger, & picking items to take fer thanksgiving to my beloved bar, too.

Embryodad

Leaves, Leaves and more leaves!
I get finished blowing leaves, and in 1 hour, looks like before I started. LOL

Tomorrow, I ride and mulch them with the tractor now that they are not piled too high! There are still 1/2 of the leaves stuck on the trees. Wished I could hire a few giraffs
to eat the leaves off the trees. hahahahaha

Tomorrow, I tune up the snow throwers. Just got another one from my cousin in PA. He got a new one, and gave me the 22 year old Troy Bilt. It is in showroom condition.
Boy, Is that blower made well. No plastic parts on that one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have busy picking fixtures for my bathroom project. It's getting down to the wire, so I've got to make some decisions, which is very hard for me.

I've also been shopping for home and auto insurance just to make sure that what I've got is a good deal. I read that you should check different company's rates every two or so years. I bet I've been with the same company for over 15 years without checking other rates :dizzy:.

I'm sure loving the commercial-free Netflix. I've been hooked on Switched at Birth.

Embryodad

I have busy picking fixtures for my bathroom project. It's getting down to the wire, so I've got to make some decisions, which is very hard for me.

I've also been shopping for home and auto insurance just to make sure that what I've got is a good deal. I read that you should check different company's rates every two or so years. I bet I've been with the same company for over 15 years without checking other rates :dizzy:.

I'm sure loving the commercial-free Netflix. I've been hooked on Switched at Birth.

Glad to hear the N-Fix is going fine for you.
Tina has been on my rear to consolidate the car and home insurance to get a cheaper price. We have Plymouth Rock car, and Liberty Mutual Home ins.
They are high! $$$$$$$

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Glad to hear the N-Fix is going fine for you.
Tina has been on my rear to consolidate the car and home insurance to get a cheaper price. We have Plymouth Rock car, and Liberty Mutual Home ins.
They are high! $$$$$$$

Tina is right. Tina is right. Tina is right.

I've always had mine consolidated for the discount. I'm checking out State Farm and Allstate.

Granny

Am in the process of making meatballs and spaghetti. I eat low carb, so am not supposed to eat pasta, but this is Dreamfield's, they use to advertise it as being lower carb and not shooting the blood sugar up as high as regular pasta. Yeah, I know that has proved not to be true, but once in a while I pretend it is true and just go for it. :brows:

Embryodad

I've always had mine consolidated for the discount. I'm checking out State Farm and Allstate.
She surely is 99.99% of the time.

That's a lotta right! Right?

It's MY FAULT... I had the cars and the home on Liberty Mutual, and I got a cheaper rate from Plymouth Rock.... but then the House insurance went up a lot because I did that.
So the cheaper didn't really mean a thing.

Leni

Am in the process of making meatballs and spaghetti. I eat low carb, so am not supposed to eat pasta, but this is Dreamfield's, they use to advertise it as being lower carb and not shooting the blood sugar up as high as regular pasta. Yeah, I know that has proved not to be true, but once in a while I pretend it is true and just go for it. :brows:

My husband is alo diabetic and his doctor told him to eat whole wheat pasta. It doesn't affect the blood sugar as much.

Embryodad

Granny... That is good spaghetti. We've had that before.
A couple Tbs. of Apple Cider Vinegar when eating spaghetti or high carbs, cuts the carbs in half. Gotta disguise it in lemonade or lemon drink, and we take the capsules.
Tina gets them at the health food store or Puritan Pride. It works for us.
Apple cider vinegar slows the carb absorption as I was told by a severe diabetic who watches her numbers.

Granny

My husband is also diabetic and his doctor told him to eat whole wheat pasta. It doesn't affect the blood sugar as much.

Thanks. I treat my diabetes different than most, I don't eat any grains at all (unless I cheat, like today) because I strive to keep my blood sugar below 140 at all times. 4 years and I still don't have to take any meds, so far so good, knock on wood. :smile:

Granny... That is good spaghetti. We've had that before.
A couple Tbs. of Apple Cider Vinegar when eating spaghetti or high carbs, cuts the carbs in half. Gotta disguise it in lemonade or lemon drink, and we take the capsules.
Tina gets them at the health food store or Puritan Pride. It works for us.
Apple cider vinegar slows the carb absorption as I was told by a severe diabetic who watches her numbers.

That's some great information. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my nurse called to say he is on his way; & 'let's head somewhere'. so, i said i would luv to shop.
so, i'm goin' shoppin'. he gave me 20 minutes to get ready. guys. sheesh. a minute is an hour to a woman. he ought know that by now.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
& he is here- that measns i actually hafta begin to get myself pulled together enough to appear presentable in public.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Still shopping for home/car insurance, so I've had limits of liability and exclusions dancing around in my head for the past few days :confused:. I've already found a way to save $500 by switching. I've still got one more quote coming before I make up my mind.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my other nurse was here. we chose when to get lunch. other than that, television. & i may find my knit cap later on, tonite.

sylviadewy

I am going to cook beef and the recipe which I have picked is "homestyle beef stew" from Knorr. Actually I have taken leave from my office to look-after by sweet angel.

For "homestyle beef stew" recipe I have collected all the necessary information from

http://www.knorr.com/recipes/detail/11603/1/homestyle-beef-stew.

You all can certainly try this beef recipe cooked with a difference and share in your experience in reply to my thread.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Sylvia,
Since you posted the link we might as well show that recipe here. It does indeed look GOOD. Let us know how it comes out.

Ingredients

1 lb. beef eye round roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
2 cups water
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 cups baby red potatoes, halved
3 carrots, sliced

Directions

Toss beef with flour; set aside.
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef, water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.

Attachments

• BeefStew.jpg
    BeefStew.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 230

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my nurse is in duquesne & on his way to take me to get a late lunch & to buy a few items. then, blake is gonna stay here tonite. we're gonna drink, later, & we may well make chix fer dinner, too. i better get ready, as in, now.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
convincing my Mom that i hafta get a Stillers jersey. now. she said, 'buy one on black friday.'
i said, 'mum. it's not as same.'

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The house was prepped for three days of guests who will be arriving soon and I'm set up to start smoking a turkey later tomorrow morning.

Embryodad

Just got finished shoveling 4 inches of heavy slushy snow!
The snow blower could not touch it..... Good Ole Back Breaking shovel by shovel!

We were happy to see snow.... but not like the 12 inches they forecast. That would have been great!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Been putting the kitchen back together with the cabinets painted for "She who must be obeyed." Also made a couple of loaves of old fashion white bread for a couple of shut-ins we know.

Attachments

• DSC_0202.jpg
    DSC_0202.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 199

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wow, that is just delightful, JoeV. I wish I had that much counter space! Looks like House Beautiful happening at your place.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I braved the wild people and did a little Black Friday shopping yesterday. Everyone in the stores seemed nice and calm, but the maniacs driving in the traffic were a different story.

Sams had some Kenneth Cole boots that I wanted to look at, pretty good deal for $29. Ended up with just a few things and came home and ordered some shower fixtures online.