The "Breakfast" thread

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
BEAUTIFUL eggs benny SS!!

Comfort food!! Breakfast for dinner.

Pastina and eggs (tiny star shaped pasta, eggs, milk, butter, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses, chopped fresh parsley, sea salt & ground peppercorns). I didn’t drain all the water off because I wanted it a bit soupy.

120410_pastina_eggs_1.jpg

120410_pastina_eggs_2.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
if my Mom gets my message, a glazed donut & i'll have milk, too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
if i can't get my donut, i'm making me a slice of apple-buttered toasted schwebel's

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We just finished this.

Toasted english muffin, topped with fresh sauteed spinach and criminis. On that, I perched a fluffy pile of softly scrambled eggs, and topped it with mornay sauce. I used jarlsburg and colby jack in the mornay, and added just a touch of sriracha.

SousChef proclaimed them a keeper!

Attachments

• eggs mornay 004.jpg
    eggs mornay 004.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 394
  • eggs mornay 008.jpg
    eggs mornay 008.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 391

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That is absolutely beautiful SS!! The eggs are perfectly cooked!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh that looks delicious, SS! You are master egg chef, for sure. I'm not even hungry - we just had french toast, sausage and eggs - but it still makes my mouth water.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Breakfast this morning...now we won't need anything else the rest of the day...except maybe a nap :lol:

Attachments

• breakfast12102010.jpg
    breakfast12102010.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 619

Leni

I decided on 'naked' hamburger patties, asparagus, BBQ beans and corn. Pruned roses all afternoon and wanted something easy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Western egg scramble (smoked ham, red & green bell pepper & onions sautéed in butter scrambled eggs added), tomato dressed with EVOO, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground course dry garlic and fresh basil and red pepper paste on the side.

122110_western_scramble.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We had a late brunch today, around 2:00 pm. As I put it on the table, I thought, "hey, this is kinda pretty - I'll take a picture!" It was tasty - bacon/broccoli fritatta, hash-browns, homemade cinnamon rolls (I made 18 this morning - 15 went to the neighbors, who have a houseful of relatives visiting). We have ONE left, which I may have to gobble up before Jerry wakes up from his siesta.

Attachments

• DSCF0973.jpg
    DSCF0973.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 338

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I'm just not a breakfast person but I could handle a breakfast like those any other time of day. :)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Breakfast this morning...now we won't need anything else the rest of the day...except maybe a nap :lol:

your plate looks great...my biscuits & gravy look just like yours...i must have done something right with me being a northern way northern guy..lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
biscuits & gravy

2d2eudt.jpg

I'd never heard of biscuits and gravy until I was probably in my 30's. First had it when I went to visit my grandparents in Florida, and I thought I'd eaten AMBROSIA!!

I always order it when I see it on the menu up here.

Yours looks wonderful, Bam!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the guy that took me 2 an appt. this afternoon got us both a cut of cheese pizza.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made breakfast burritos this morning.

Scrambled eggs, diced ham, sauteed red onion and red pepper, pepper jack cheese, all rolled in a flour tortilla.

The eggs look a little undercooked in this pic, but that's really just way too much melted cheese.

Attachments

• eggs 010.jpg
    eggs 010.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 374
  • eggs 015.jpg
    eggs 015.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 367

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made breakfast burritos this morning.

Scrambled eggs, diced ham, sauteed red onion and red pepper, pepper jack cheese, all rolled in a flour tortilla.

The eggs look a little undercooked in this pic, but that's really just way too much melted cheese.
OH LORD SS!! I am in heaven!! Those eggs look PERFECT to me!! Pass me a burito I have the salsa!!

81310_mexicandinner_salsa_2.jpg

Leni

I'll take a crossant, cut it in half before putting it into the oven to heat. In the meantime I'll fry bacon and scramble some eggs. That goes into the heated crossant along with a slice of cheddar cheese.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i would've luved a citterio fresco rosiemarino ham sammich..... 1 of very fews hams i'll dine on, i luv thier meats; someone noshed on that last nite though, & there isn't enough 4 a sammich! dammit, tig!

.......oh, yeah, that was me:whistling:

abi_csi

An English breakfast tends to go down well here, consisting of: 2 rashers bacon (grilled), 1 sausage, a grilled tomato, 2 fried eggs, baked beans, fried mushrooms, fried bread or toast with butter and an optional black pudding. Washed down with a lovely cup of tea!!
High in fat and salt but utterly delicious

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We had those Raisin Bran muffins again. I made a batch yesterday and we finished them today.

The pics are from before - they looked the same. :biggrin:

Attachments

• raisin bran muffins 003.jpg
    raisin bran muffins 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 329
  • raisin bran muffins 007.jpg
    raisin bran muffins 007.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 332
  • raisin bran muffins 009.jpg
    raisin bran muffins 009.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 331