Thoughts for my niece....

suziquzie

Thanks, FM.....
They decided not to wake her yet.... it may be over a week.

They took out the feeding tubes from her mouth put in a trache (sp?)

I can't go to the hospital, it's just something I cannot do right now..... I hope better at home.

homecook

Thanks, FM.....
They decided not to wake her yet.... it may be over a week.

They took out the feeding tubes from her mouth put in a trache (sp?)

I can't go to the hospital, it's just something I cannot do right now..... I hope better at home.

Suzie, you'll know when you're ready and be able to give her some of your strength. It hurts you too much right now but she will need you and you will be able to do it. You'll pull it out of somewhere and even surprise yourself. Take your time!
You're all in my thoughts and prayers............

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww, Suzie, I know the waiting is awful. Don't worry that you aren't at the hospital right now - she's not awake and doesn't need you there yet. Shore up your strength during this time and keep the prayer circle going. Later, you can be there to take over when her dad is exhausted. It will probably be a long haul, sweetie.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Suzi, do what you can do and pray. I shall keep your entire family in my prayers. Young kids tend to heal very well and do very well--they bounce tremendously!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm continuing to pray Suzi! Go to the hospital when you're ready. She's probably gonna have a long row to hoe and it's later on when she is going to need you the most.

Bilby

I saw your post on Facebook and checked out the link to her site. Hope she is progressing further than since I last saw. Shocking thing to happen. All positive signs are full of hope. It all takes a lot of time though. Thinking of you.

suziquzie

Thanks for asking....

As far as I know now, they are keeping her heavily sedated thru the weekend and maybe longer... I'm not sure if that means awake or not. This is because she broke her C7 (?) vertbrae which assists w/ breathing functions, and they need her to be still while that heals.
She is on a ventilator and feeding tube... She's had some movement in her limbs so that's good. Not sure if they are purposeful or not.... DH and I seem to have slid to the bottom of the info tree. I wont go there.......
Please keep the kind thoughts and prayers going, I'm pretty sure they are working.

:)

Biskit

Thanks for asking....

As far as I know now, they are keeping her heavily sedated thru the weekend and maybe longer... I'm not sure if that means awake or not. This is because she broke her C7 (?) vertbrae which assists w/ breathing functions, and they need her to be still while that heals.
She is on a ventilator and feeding tube... She's had some movement in her limbs so that's good. Not sure if they are purposeful or not.... DH and I seem to have slid to the bottom of the info tree. I wont go there.......
Please keep the kind thoughts and prayers going, I'm pretty sure they are working.

That's the part that's so hard to handle, Suzi. Been there, done that. Makes me hurt for you and DH.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. It's horrible that someone so young has to suffer so much. It does sound like things are looking up though, and that's great. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

suziquzie

Hey everyone..... thanks for asking about Taylor..... I thought I would update you here instead of the dinner thread. :)

I went to see her yesterday, she is doing much much better!

She is in a large wheelchair for now and able to push it backwards with the left leg, the right leg can be moved but not quite as strong yet. Ahe can wave her arms quicklly and weakly point a finger at us.... even a high 5! :)
She is talking just fine, when she wants to..... it hurts I think... she still has the trache in but will be getting that removed today or Monday. Still in a stiff neck brace of course.
She still has a very very long road and they are still not sure about walking... but one day at a time. She is in physical therapy about 5 hours a day.
I'm such a glass half empty person I keep having trouble finding the good news in a 12 yr old girl only being able to kick her leg a little bit.... but seeing the difference since last week was amazing.
Please continue to keep her in your thoughts, because there seems to be something out there that is working :)
-Suz

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update SuziQ. That is good news, and I'm sure it's hard to face the other issues, but try to remain positive about it all. She will recover in small increments at a time, and with determination and help from God she will walk again. :thumb:
I'll keep her in my prayers.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Good to hear Suzi and the Miami Project has made some great strides in neck and back injuries over the last decade.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That is so good to hear Suzi. It sounds as though she is a very determined young lady!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just read the update on Taylor from Friday in her journal! It's been less than a month and she is already able to stand up and she's starting to write. That's absolutely AMAZING! The prayers seem to be working! That's such wonderful news!

suziquzie

YEP!
Thank you Mama.....
And I guess yesterday she walked halfway across the room!!
I tried to get in yesterday to visit but it didnt work out, hopefully tomorrow or friday....
I'm so very proud of all her hard work :)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, that is GREAT news. Good for her. I'm so glad to hear she is walking already. :thumb: Congrats to her. :tiphat:

suziquzie

THank you everyone.....

I just got a video of her walking down the hospital hallway with a walker...

I think I may cry.....

buckytom

Grill Master
ya see? we told ya so. the initial paralysis was just swelling from the injury.

glad we could be of help, squzie. ;)

and way to go taylor!!!! :clap:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Smooches to you and your family! Way to go, Taylor! I am so happy for you all!!!!!!!