Smoke King

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whoa! Joe, you walked two miles with a mushed face????

Jesus, you must have been one strong kid and with all you've gone through, one strong man!

Thanks for sharing all that with us! Ditto what the others have said - glad to have you here with us!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I actually walked two miles but didn't realize till they told me I had. Funny thing about something like that you don't feel much until later. I'm glad I'm here now too, 50 years later myself. There are four kids more in this world and 17 grand kids as well as 2.5 great grand kids. Oh the 2.5 is the one still in the oven and cooking.

As for being strong people tend to stand up when needed is all I can figure, but I'm sure wasn't afraid of much for the rest of my life nor now either.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I really hope you have taken the time to write these things down, Joe. I know it's not your purpose when you answer questions, but you really are inspiring! Someday, your great-great-great-great grandkids will benefit from knowing these amazing things about you if you make sure to leave a written record.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I really hope you have taken the time to write these things down, Joe. I know it's not your purpose when you answer questions, but you really are inspiring! Someday, your great-great-great-great grandkids will benefit from knowing these amazing things about you if you make sure to leave a written record.

that is an awesome idea!! I don't know my dads side of the family, other than my uncle and he is very distant. If I had something like this, it would be so wonderful!! You should listen to her Joe, she's wise beyond her few years, lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I will soon but right now I need a few more people to pass on if you get my drift. As for the rest of it, kind of a family legend now with my kids knowing the story. If I don't a couple of them are capable of it. Besides that was my child hood but my adult life is a lot more interesting really. ;)

By the way I'm nothing special really just someone getting with what life has handed me. There are many more that have faced worse in their lives, some of which have made and many that didn't.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
a-qua-da-nv-do said:
You should listen to her Joe, she's wise beyond her few years, lol

Stacy is right about Fisher's Mom - I agree. Someday that great-great-great grandchild may need to reach deep down inside for strength, and knowing how brave his or her great-great-great grandpa was might make all the difference. It is an inspiring story, and your life has clearly been an inspiration as well. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Biskit

Y'know, Joe, in this day in age of mindless entertainment, I think a thread, authored by you, telling us your life story is in order.

The True Adventures of Joe

Has a nice ring to it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Like I said a few people have to pass on before I can write it though. You know to protect the innocent and all that. :whistling:

Besides most people would have the same survival instinct I have. It is lot stronger urge than most would think until they have to face it first hand.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Joe, my dad use to always say it is not what happens to one in life but how one deals and copes with it and you are a wonderful example of that. What an amazing life affirming story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
His wife updated me Sunday evening and he is doing a bit better. He is still awaiting a room assignment as of Sunday. Desiree said she would update me as soon as she can. Also informed me that Bob had to hurry up and get better because they got new pups on the way!!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks for the updates Sattie.

i sent a card to you on monday, hopefully you get it b4 next year..lol

Calicolady

Wow, I too had to find the thread today in userCP beacuse I was thinking of him.
Thanks for the little info, Sattie. Please give all our regards.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I read the thread but had been meaning to post a thank you, Sattie. I hope Bob has an easy recovery and all will be well. It exciting to have the new pups to look forward to.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Bob is doing much better, but still has a ways to go. I have asked if there is anything recent I can share and I'm awaiting a response. He wants to come back and tell you what all is going on in his own words. So unless he tells me other wise, I'm happy to say he is doing much better and in good spirits.

A note on the puppies, turns out that the sister of Bailey only birthed 3 puppies, two survived. So instead of getting two puppies, they will receive one of the pups. They are trying to find a playmate for their new pups, due to arrive home in 7 to 8 weeks.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I haven't forgotten, Sattie. I hope to get a card to you soon. Just been a lot on my plate! I hope SK gets stronger every day!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks for the update Sattie! It's good to hear he's getting better by the day!