Jumbo Jetliner Mysteriously Disappears off Radar!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Actress Lindsay Wagner (who played The Bionic Woman) had once booked herself on Flight 191 from Chicago to Los Angeles just before that catastrophic accident where the port engine came off of the DC-10 that crashed.

At the last minute, she changed her mind, fearing that something terrible was about to happen. Her suspicions came true!! Had she gone on the flight, she would not have been with us today!! :ohmy:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The vicinity of India?

:huh:

Does it causes kind of accidents?

Do I now understand this matter different than you?
No idea what you mean? sorry.

This morning there is speculation that the jet is in Pakistan. How they could land a giant jet and keep it hidden from the rest of the world defies my imagination. So were the stolen passport guys the instigators or just other unlucky passengers. With stolen passports I'd guess they were part of the plot. Time will tell.

Saliha

Yes, the time will tell. Passengers might all be died or then alive. Nobody knows before officers will find something.

:sorry: for those people whose friends or family members are there...

Shermie

Site Supporter
They've reached a dead end again!!

What they thought might have been pieces of the plane floating on the water, has again turned out to be nothing.

Why on earth is it so hard to find a giant jetliner that seemingly vanished off the face of the earth?!! This is nuts!!! :furious:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, it is shaping up to be quote the mystery. I have a feeling much more is known than is being said to the public. At this point I also suspect foul play.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Sherm -

take a deep breath . . . feel better?

my favorite from all of this is the Malasian official who pronounced:
"It's only confusion if you call it confusion."

the Chinese spotting: "oh that was a mistake"

now the plane's engines continued to transmit data for hours after it went "missing" -
or not - parties which _should_ actually _know_ disagree - but makes good headlines.

and again now the US has reason to believe the plane turned west and flew into the Indian Ocean.
but they're not saying how or why they suspicion that (see above: secret satellite schufft...)

and the .... but people would have "phoned home" - on what, their cell phones?
cell phone generally do not work above 10,000 feet - the signal strength just ain't there.

China cannot "locate" any cell phones from the passengers. that's a telling issue.....
perhaps the NSA could lend a hand?

but wait, there's more! the plane reduced altitude to a couple hundred feet to evade radar detection and flew to Shangri-la where it's being hidden....
and oops the passenger cell phones would have worked if they were flying around so low...

how about the reports that the passenger entertainment systems is part of the aircraft's LAN?
so some 10 year old computer whiz, or not, playing a game on the in-seat screen 'hacked' into the control system and redirected the plane to a secret pirate island...

the black boxes will ping under water for a month, and yeah - the world's got enough submarines to find it pretty much anywhere in any ocean.
if the boxes are underwater....

unless and until enough wreckage is recovered that an accurate factual forensic investigation can prove the aircraft's route / condition / etc - bad bad fact is we may never know.

so, sit back and fasten your seat belt - as the lady said, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

now, where did I write down my password for the AlienInternet News....

Leni

Seems like an episode of The Twilight Zone!

Sure feels that way doesn't it. I really feel for Joey and all of the other relatives of those aboard. Not knowing is worse than an answer. At least then they can pick up their lives and try to go on. Right now they are in limbo.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, about all they can do now is hope for some closure. Like you said, not knowing is worst then getting an answer!! :ohmy:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not so sure of the not knowing be worse than knowing a loved one was dead from a crash. Thankfully I've never experienced anything even close but seems to be I would prefer to have hopes that they were still alive (at least at this point) rather than know they are gone for good.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
My heart and prayers go out to everyone on the plane, their families and friends.

What I cannot understand is all of the people with some kind of a wrongdoing theory. Hijackers, terrorists, whatever want something, attention, money, recognition, etc. Or they are out to make retribution for a supposed wrongdoing. That someone would purposely crash a plane into the ocean and make some kind of a fuss / announcement, etc, just does not make sense. It would seem that some kind of mechanical failure occurred, maybe the plane turned around or something to try to get someplace to land and was unsuccessful.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My heart and prayers go out to everyone on the plane, their families and friends.

What I cannot understand is all of the people with some kind of a wrongdoing theory. Hijackers, terrorists, whatever want something, attention, money, recognition, etc. Or they are out to make retribution for a supposed wrongdoing. That someone would purposely crash a plane into the ocean and make some kind of a fuss / announcement, etc, just does not make sense. It would seem that some kind of mechanical failure occurred, maybe the plane turned around or something to try to get someplace to land and was unsuccessful.
Yep, I would agree that if hijacked no one crashed it on purpose; they had a goal or destination in mind but simply could not get there. I doubt it was both a hijack and mechanical failure ...one or the other. If hijacked I suspect pilot error if they crashed.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yep, I would agree that if hijacked no one crashed it on purpose; they had a goal or destination in mind but simply could not get there. I doubt it was both a hijack and mechanical failure ...one or the other. If hijacked I suspect pilot error if they crashed.

That was usually the case decades ago.

Hijackers would storm into the cockpit, make demands for a different place to land the plane, demand ransom money and when the plane arrived to the place where the hijackers wanted to go, he, she or they would start letting some or all of the passengers go.

Until 09-11-01. The hijackers had never demanded ransom money or anything, as we all know. They staged a diversion to get the pilots' attention. When the cockpit door was opened, they stormed into the cockpit and instantly murdered the crew, took over the controls and flew the planes into buildings and a remote area in Shanksville, PA.

Then after that, terrorists would try to remotely bring down a jetliner, except in the cases of Richard Reid & Umar Farooq Abdulmatalleb, who both tried to suicidally blow up a plane in the air.

All or most of the attempts to bring down a plane have been foiled, Thank God. Hopefully, the families will be informed one way or the other about what really happened to the plane and where it went to. :ohmy:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The focus now, is on the pilots who flew the plane.

Since the transponder and flight deck recorder were deliberately turned off, the plane had begun to deviate from its intanded route, and now the suspicion is that it might have crashed into the water somewhere near Australia. :sad:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
and it was initially report the plane has fuel for 4.5 hours

now it pinged off the engine reporting system for seven hours
or six hours
or five hours
depending on who's talking.

I under stand there can be a lot of confusion, but weeks later - that excuse is done and over with.

sure sounds like something is being covered up and my bet is absolutely nothing will ever be found. most likely (fill in ex-president of choice here)'s fault.

Shermie

Site Supporter
and it was initially report the plane has fuel for 4.5 hours

now it pinged off the engine reporting system for seven hours
or six hours
or five hours
depending on who's talking.

I under stand there can be a lot of confusion, but weeks later - that excuse is done and over with.

sure sounds like something is being covered up and my bet is absolutely nothing will ever be found. most likely (fill in ex-president of choice here)'s fault.

Word is out that it might take weeks, months or even years before something from the plane might come to the surface of the waters and wash up one any beaches nearby.

The last words coming from the cockpit was; "Good night:.

Looking more like sabotage or a deliberate crash into the waters off Australia, or wherever the plane went. Some suspect that it might have just landed some place undetected & in an attempt for the plane to hide. :ohmy:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sherman said:
Until 09-11-01. The hijackers had never demanded ransom money or anything, as we all know. They staged a diversion to get the pilots' attention. When the cockpit door was opened, they stormed into the cockpit and instantly murdered the crew, took over the controls and flew the planes into buildings and a remote area in Shanksville, PA.

Sherm - I think this dude named DB Cooper did just that.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sherm - I think this dude named DB Cooper did just that.

Yeah, so it seems that every several years, some nut job is assigned to flying a plane, then he goes psycho and wants to bring the plane down.

It happened with Egypt Air Flight 990 about 15 or so years ago. :sad:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Sherm -

this article has an explaination of how the "system" in question works.

the proverbial "they" are not - for what reason, please?.... - permitted to talk specifics of this flight, but with some minor amount of thinking, one can reach one's own conclusions.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/world...lane-identity-flight-370/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

it's a system that cannot be "shut down" by the flight crew.

the whole situation reeks to high heaven. the Malaysian official releases have been totally misleading/false/fake/pick-a-word

"terrorism:"
terrorist groups are seldom reluctant to claim their successes.
no claims.
so, it was really small group, they were all were on the plane, and they all perished.

"landed safely:"
there's a really limited number of places a 777 can land in the search area.
safely landing a 777 on a dirt road in the middle of the jungle? not going to happen.
unsafely landing a 777 anywhere would have set off the "crash beacon" - no beacon reported; reserved: they are all lying.

a controlled landing / ditching at sea would possibly set off the crash beacon. no beacon.
a violent nose down crash into the sea - all the busted pieces sink and no beacon transmission works from under water. that's a distinct possibility.

"being saved for a later use:"
assumes
(a) it's landed safely
(b) somewhere no one knows / sees / can find
(c) all passenger communication incapacitated
too many ifs....

"the pilots did it:"
hmmm, first this involves a really dedicated suicide pact between the pilot and all of the flight deck crew.
or, the crazy flight deck dude killed everybody else and took over.
pilots are permitted to carry fire arms - that can't be ruled out....

or, the pilot(s) may be heros -
consider some wacko 'hijacks' the aircraft with evil intentions to crash into the (pick something...)
the pilot(s) - having established that acceding to the demands, all on board are dead comma anyway.
so the pilots intentionally fool the wacko and put the aircraft on a course of no-return.

consider the southern Indian Ocean route possibility - there's _NOTHING_ there.... except empty fuel tanks.

so while all the chatter is the plane must have been under skilled pilot control, consider that skilled flying was quite intentional - but absolutely "unwilling":

"we dead - cooperate or wacko shoots us, nobody to fly the plane, it crashes.
fool the wacko, mis-route the plane, the least of the evils is to not kill rafts of people at the target"

read the above article - if the aircraft was in VHF radio range (essentially 'over land') that's how the signal would transmit.
the signals went to the satellite(s) - the "plural" case is, for locating, important - so one can rule out the issue of it having landed "somewhere"

a single satellite can only pin-point the "angle of reception" - you have to go a-thinking in three dimensions here... - a cone shaped projection on the earth surface.

"once an hour" pings creates concentric circles (geostationary satellite...)
however comma and furthermore, if the ping is picked up by two satellites, now you have two intersecting cones/circles on the earth surface.

two circles intersect at two points.....oh dear, does this explain the 'it flew north to India' and the 'it flew south over the Indian Ocean to nowhere' thing?
yes, it does.

three circular satellite receptions would make for one point, two circular receptions, two points.

bottom line:
signals went to satellite, plane not withing land based VHF range = at sea

black boxes got sonar pingers that'll continue for 30+/- days.
you can bet there's a raft of submarines combing the area. for submarines, the deep briny blue is their element. and given the physics of "sound transmission through water" - they are the best resource.

BUT no military is going to 'reveal' the position of their attack or boomer subs.

so, _if_ the underwater pings are "suddenly found" you can bet yer bottom Davie Jones silver dollar the information will come from mysterious unidentified and "classified" sources.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Possible evidence of what is thought to be debris from the plane might have surfaced in the waters about 1,400 miles off the coast of Australia.

Search boats are on their way over there now, to investigate what might hopefully be some of the plane's remains.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The victims' families were told in a text message that there are no survivors from Flight 370, sending them into an outrage and not being satisfied with the answers that they are getting. :ohmy:

Saliha

To the families and the loved ones it is better to hear that there is no hope than has to wait forever... as rude as it sounds.

:sad:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Seems a little fishy. Before they did not know where it was for sure. Now they used technology in a different way to figure out that it is in the south Indian Ocean. With no proof as of yet this will not pacify the families at this point. I can understand the families being angry and still wanting closure. No plane found no closure. I feel for them. :(

Ian M.

Doc, I had exactly the same thought as you - that this simply doesn't ring true! They have swung from "Gee, we have no idea" all the way to a positive maybe on where the plan went down and what happened to it and all the passengers. I noted that the PM of Malasyia wouldn't look directly into the camera when he spoke of it, either. Truth seems to center somewhere around - "nobody knows for sure"....................or at least the ones who may know something aren't telling anyone the truth or even near truth.

Ian

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>no truth . . .

actually, there is truth to the data.
as the satellite rep explained, they have never ever been tasked to "examine" their data in such a manner.

if one has never kept track of how many gallons of gas were put into the tank and how many miles were driven, any question of "how many mpg you got?" is going to take a bit of backtracking. if one even has the "records" to track back.....

so they did "re-examine" the data and records available. and then they passed their analysis onto other experts for a "peer review" and as reported, all the "peers" agreed with their conclusions.

basically, they looked at the Doppler effect on radio signals and from that could determine whether the plane was moving "away from" or "toward" a specific satellite. this is how they "know" the plane was moving south, not north. Doppler shift said it was moving away from a (presumed) northern satellite and toward a (presumed) more southern satellite.

it is not within their normal scope of operations to routinely judge "moving in which direction?" - which is why it took a bit a sleuthing to find the right data points, analyze those data points and submit for review - on the odd chance "are we crazy or is this right?"

going back, you may recall that the USA insisted on focusing on the southern Indian Ocean - reasons unspecified. well, may be unspecified, but one can soundly postulate that there is some "super secret surveillance capability" that was the basis of the early "day two-three insistence" - in 50-100 years we'll learn what that "capability" was.

as one talking head put it - quite correctly imho - we may eventually learn _what_ happened. _why_ may never be learned.

the only "theory" not resoundingly refuted is intentional control - whether the intention was of free will or under duress - not so clear.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Still, the families can't get closure because they can't bring their dearly departed loved ones home for funeral services and put them in their final resting places.

Winter will arrive there in a few months, which will soon make it extremely difficult for searchers to try to retrieve anything. :ohmy:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
if you count up the number of people who have perished without the body being presented to the family for closure, you'll have quite a gaggle of unhappy relatives.

I feel for them. very un-nice happening. and to put things in perspective, some 90-100 people in USA die as a result of automobile accidents _every day_. in the missing two weeks, more than 600% of the death toll from MH307.

people die of natural and un-natural causes every second of every day. brutally put, there's nothing special about these folks. they're gone, grieve and move on - there is no other option.

xhit happens. if you insist on being buried in your home town, never leave.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Pretty much the same thing with the 09-11-01 terror attacks, especially in New York City. Scores of victims' bodies couldn't be found intact, because the passengers on the planes were all vaporized when the planes hit the towers and of the tragic falling of the towers, which made it difficult to locate them and tell just who was who.

Saliha

This is an accident, not a terror attack at all.

After 9/11 hundred thousands innocent civilians died because of some lunatic persons. Americans and many others.

:mellow:

Not same again, ok?