If I'm missing awhile this will explain

buckytom

Grill Master
sorry i'm late, joe, but i'm glad to hear that things are a brighter, albeit with a greenish hue.

my bil had thyroid cancer a number of years ago, and he's been doing just fine on the meds. so tell your wife not to worry.

and tell her that the only strange side effects were an obsession with sex and beer.

hey, it's worth a shot, no?

GotGarlic

Hi, Joe. I'm sorry to hear you and your wife have to go through all this, but I'm glad she's doing better, and doing it with a sense of humor :smile: Take care.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The only reason our marrage has lasted for 43 years is our sense of humor. I only pick on people I like so you can imagine how she gets it. Now don't feel sorry for her either as she can dish it out to me too.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well this is getting like a roller coaster ride. They did their scans today and didn't release her as they can't stabilize her heart rate. Normal heart rate is 72 bpm hers when sleeping is 110 and awake 115 to 120. They are giving her blood thinner in 100mg shots every couple of hours due to fear of clotting and told her today if it goes above 120 she is going to ICU. Now not much scares me any more but this is scaring the hell of of me as they can't seem to stabilize her heart rate with the talk of removing the thyroid as well as heart surgery. At any rate my business partner is coming into to town is a short while and we will go see her tonight. I'm sorry for unloading this on you but at the moment I have no idea what to do. I feel absolutely helpless and really not used to that feeling. Neither of us are much on the prayer thing but please keep her in your thoughts.

She and I have been together since '64 and work together 24/7 in our work. If it wasn't for my kids and her sister I would be completely lost right now as simple things as she was my other half truly.

homecook

Joe, my thoughts and prayers go out to you both!!! Unload when you feel the need, that's what we're here for. Don't ever apologize for that!!! She is in the best place to find out what is wrong...I'll also pray for the doctors taking care of her. God Bless!!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Thinking of you. It must be really hard - just remember you have all of us standing with you.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This is scaring the hell out of me, too, Joe. But it's a good thing they are not taking this lightly. Better to err on the side of caution. Also, like I mentioned yesterday, thyroid issues can cause cardiac symptoms until you get the dosage adjusted perfectly. That can be tricky to achieve. Hang on, my friend, and turn here when you need some support or just people to be with while Dawn is away from home.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I just got online after two days away, Joe. Know that I am thinking about you and Dawn and hoping that this will all pass quickly. Keep us informed, please.

Best regards,
Buzz

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh my Joe! I am so sorry to hear this. Just when you thought things were getting better. I'll continue to pray for you wife, you and your whole family. We're here for you Joe!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I should know more tomorrow thanks all and thanks for let me unload as I'm pretty confused at this point since Monday the situation keeps changing though my wife is feeling fine go figure. Hopefully they drug cocktail she will be getting for the next 8 weeks will get this under control from now on. Thanks again every one for your support.

Biskit

Well this is getting like a roller coaster ride. I feel absolutely helpless and really not used to that feeling. Neither of us are much on the prayer thing but please keep her in your thoughts.

She and I have been together since '64 and work together 24/7 in our work. If it wasn't for my kids and her sister I would be completely lost right now as simple things as she was my other half truly.

Thoughts coming your way, Joe. I understand the helpless feeling. Wish I could say or do more, but you gotta know I care.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
SHE IS HOME! I picked her up at 4 AM with a bunch of medicine and 2 appointment a week for about the next 6 months. She will have to take it easy but SHE IS HOME! Thanks all for your wishes and they were welcomed, believe me. :wub::bounce:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo! Just what we've been waiting to hear! I know you'll rest a lot easier tonight with your bride by your side. Take good care of her and tell her to never scare us like that again!