What's Cooking NCT Sun 7/27 to Sat 8/2 2014?

Embryodad

Today is going to be eye round roast made on the Big George Foreman Rotisserie mahine.
I was going to cook it outside, but with rain in the forecast, I set up in the kitchen. Dragged out the meat Slicer too. I don't mind slicing, as long as there is a lot to slice, and a lot of eaters...

Kids are coming and all I have to do , is peel the spuds for the mashed taters....
DIL is gonna make a salad.... and corn on the cob will be the veggie...

Embryodad

EVERYTHING.... Ev Err Eee Thing...went perfect.
Gotsum sliced thin beef left over for hot roast beef samwichis another day.

Tina's got mashed taters and brown gravy for her meals.

The best part, is it's all cleaned up, and the big George and the meat slicer are put away.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Today is going to be eye round roast made on the Big George Foreman Rotisserie mahine.
I was going to cook it outside, but with rain in the forecast, I set up in the kitchen. Dragged out the meat Slicer too. I don't mind slicing, as long as there is a lot to slice, and a lot of eaters...

Kids are coming and all I have to do , is peel the spuds for the mashed taters....
DIL is gonna make a salad.... and corn on the cob will be the veggie...

I very seldom drag mine out unless I'm making big trays of meat. It sure makes the slicing go quickly, and I love how the slices are so uniform. Mine is a pita to put together and a bigger pita to clean.

Glad y'all had a good time with good eats.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pan fried catfish last night with some steamed squash and broccoli:

PanFriedCatfish.jpg

Embryodad

Supper was leftover roast beef and I had a samwich on a kaiser roll. Lots of mayo, and my garlic pickles on the side.

Tina made a tomato and meatballs sauce. :WitchBrewsSmiley: She said no flavor. ......She was right.

I told her it was the garlic. She got this huge garlic, and I tried to tell her she may have better used onion. It's the small garlic cloves that have the flavor....... In one ear, and out the other...amen.

DD brought over a blueberry cake...:blob_blue:

Tina bought peanut butter cookies market baked..... That was dessert.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my pal was over & he ordered us asian food. luved their crab rangoon. yum. spicy pork was okay. other items were yummy.

Attachments

• dinnerkenny.jpg
    dinnerkenny.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Tater salad, which was actually made last night to go with today's dinner. With some mustard greens and some Honey Buffalo wings or drumsticks.:piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 126

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made some Chinese pork chops, mustard greens and rice to go with the tater salad (above). :piesmiley1::eating2:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Nice tater salad Shermie. Going to make taco salad here tonight. Got everything on hand and need to eat more veggies anyway. Have so much buttercrunch lettuce I am giving it away. That and fresh celery and peas are all doing well. Finally getting some peppers forming as well as a few tomatoes. Everybody is having a bad year for tomatoes and corn so far.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Think that the tater salad was nice? Try the rest! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 118

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made some Chinese Pork Fried Rice For supper today from the leftover rice & pork chops from yesterday" supper!!

Have some of it!!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 117

Embryodad

Umm... looks good
Pork fried rice is my favorite.

Supper here was shepherds pie. Ms. Tina made it.

I did burgers on the grill for son Jimmy. He is a fuss @$$ eater, and won't eat shepherds pie.

Tina made two pumpkin pies last night, and I made whipped cream in the whip cream dispenser.

I am so full, I have to change to lounging pants with a rope waist belt let out loose. *burp*

Shermie

Site Supporter
My two grand nephews are picky eaters as well.

The 12-y-o only eats meat & cheese at times, and the 10-y-o won't eat shrimp or tomatoes! but he'll gobble down scallops!!

He says that shrimp takes like fish, but he EATS fish. Hello!! shrimp, scallops, fish & clams are all seafood! Hah!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chicken Chow Mein tonight - I've got one of those bags of Taylor Farms Asian Salad Mix for the vegetables...easy easy.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we got pizza, too & other food, too. system is disallowing me to load pix. so. no pix. food looked great to us, anyhow.

Attachments

• food8114.jpg
    food8114.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had THIS for supper last night! A Green Smoothie!! :smile:

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 87

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had another smoothie for breakfast & lunch!

This time, I used spinach in place of the kale and a carrot. Along with the other half of the avocado.

The machine did a much better job of pulverizing the spinach and there are no tiny pieces of it, as with the kale!!

And most importantly, no bitterness at all!! :wink:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 87

Embryodad

Supper was Pizza take out from Bella Pizza.
It's a thin crust bottom, and thin crust outer rim.
Great. No tearing and rubber crust chewing.... One cheese pie, and the other sausage and pepperoni...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pub grub! we got a few items. (1 was a pretzel/cheese. chipz, too.) other dinner,-- that was then i got here & found pizza in my fridge. & a few other items. hungry tonite!

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, that catfish and vegetable plate photo could be in Gourmet magazine! Beautiful!

Shermie, how did you do your Chinese pork chops?

Lee