Member Spotlight - Luvs!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Out of all the spotlights done so far, I don't know that I have enjoyed reading any of them more than this one! Thank you Luvs for this wonderful look into your life!

I just love the part about who you would prepare a meal for and why!

A look into the life of our dear friend Luvs:

-tell us a little about yourself-your family or household, kids, pets, occupation-
i am a 30-year old soon-to-be-grad from Le Cordon Bleu. my parents seperated last year. vinnie, katie, & levi include my new family.after 12 years, i am single. i have 2 gorgeous cats,- tig & sharlie-girl babbit.

-what part of the world do you live in?-
i reside in pittsburgh, pa (AKA known as 'blitzburgh', especially during football season)

-how did you find the NCT community?-
via some things i read during the flocks of people leaving the 'other' boards. i joined, luved the place, & so here i am!

-do you have any hobbies besides cooking?-
yes, yes. many. i'm very artsy, i can write gorgeous items, i love music, reading (especially classics), getting glammed & going about to meet new people & be w/ old friends. i luv to study German & French, & fervently indulge myself in history, namely the depression era & WWII. i luv so much more, too.

-if you could choose any profession or occupation, what would it be & why?-
i'd be....... a Chef! this is where my heart found its place. i adore writing menus, searching for new & unusual ingredients, prepping/cooking, & feeding people, myself included! i went to school for this. the passion that you pour into cooking, the luv, watching people's expressions, creating, improving, continually learning ....... that's why.

-how/why did you choose your username? what does it mean?-
when i joined, this was already my username from elsewhere. i wanted those that already knew me to know i was the same luvs.
my title used to be luvs_food at the 'other' place that i requested be 'luvs' berore to my joining here be 'luvs' so they switched. kind of a generic title.

-what is a typical day like for you?-
it varies. if not in school/working, i'm awake from noon-ish, on, get squeaky clean after tending to the kitties, & stay awake through the nights, socialize, head to appointments, people visit, i cook & clean, then snooze from about 2 , 4 o'clock.
when in school, shower @ 4:30am, feed kitties, drink pop, learn, work. then i'm on my way to spend the evening w/ cronies, then write/type speeches, read chapters, research stuff, study for tests, snooze for a few hours on a busy nite, then wait for saturday!

-what accomplishments are you most proud of?-
cooking school & the humility, humble pride, strength, & respect it taught me

-5 words that describe you-
*straightforward
*colorful
*intellligent
*spunky
*stubborn

-name 5 things on your bucket list-
>work for a renowned, prestigious Chef
>open my own high-end restaurant
>travel to Alaska & France
>re-gain the fervent luv/passion for those things i've allowed to slip on by
>find 'the one'

-name 5 things you can't live without-
-soap
-rainboots
-my beloved shade of lipsick
-headbands when my hair isn't freshly manic- panic tinted
-my camera-phone
-pop

-who is your role model & why?-
my Grandfather, rest his soul. He taught me unconditional luv, caring, kindness, the meaning of respect; he instilled a love of food in my mind as a toddler, on, he gave me happiness, wherewithal, his time, & taught me to live life to its fullest. & he was there for me. how i miss my Pap.

-tell us 1 thing about yourself people would be surprised to know-
i'm terrified of zebras. for real!:D

-What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become-
i would see the adult i expected to be, although i wouldn't have expeceted so much quicksand hindering me. & i'd be baffled that i was not a doctor by now..... although i was very much into cooking early on.

-what is the best moment of your life so far?-
seeing my neice, raynin, 4 the 1st time

-how & at what age did you start cooking?-
i began cooking at about 6, 7 years. i'd make basic foods, say dips, cheese-balls, then candies, cakes, cookies, my own puddings, casseroles, & then lunches where my Mom would leave work during the summers & have lunch i made for us.

-do you have a signature dish or 1 that you make especially well?-
my crabmeat-stuffed mushrooms. i make them differently w/each batch & when i made them @ my brother & SIL's, they & the kiddos devoured the batch. 2 of them made it to the dining room table.

-what is your favorite spice?
sage, with its lovely, heady aroma & flavor

-what cooking tools/gadgets/appliances would you swap from your kitchen & what would you swap them for-
~my junky farberware paring knife for a hobart industrial food processer
~a potato peeler for a vintage bubble-gum pink stove
-one of my barely managable cheap can openersfor a tilt skillet

-what is your favorite restaurant meal?-
choices from the raw bar followed by crab/steak of some sort & a few drinks. though i also luv japanese restaurants, from natto to sashimi & sake.

-what would your last meal be if you chose anything at all?-
beef bresaola w/ a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, & black pepper, some olives & cheeses, deitz & watson london broil w/ worchestershire & pepper, then crab clusters w/ lemon & butter, a rare waygu strip steak with lime gimlets to drink- many of them

-if you could host a dinner with 6 well-known guests, living or deceased, who would they be & why?-
Julia Child, matthew mcConaughey, george clooney, bourdain, cat cora & cyndi lauper would be there.
for meet & greet, blinis w/ creme fraiche, caviar & quail-eggs with a terrine of foie gras.
for the soup/salad course, seviche in butter lettuce cups or, roasted garlic soup. dinner would be rack of lamb w/a fresh rosemary/garlic/lemon/crumb crust.
roast various veggies & potato.
dessert- baklava &/or a chocolate ganache-covered mousse cake w truffles on it.
after dinner, wine & cheese, or chocolates & nuts.

-who would you most like to prepare a meal for & why? what would you serve?-
betty white! i'd make her a cheeseball from velveeta & limburger in the shape of in the olga huverfuusten, Saint olaf's most feared librarian, creamed herring w/ corn on the cob & baked potato, (w/ fresh churned butter) & for dessert, cheesecake w/ sprinkles.

-who would you most like to have cook for you?-
escoffier

100 years from now, how would you like to be remembered?-
as a spunky, unique, fiesty excellent Chef & restauranteer. a person that doesn't throw in the towel too gracefully, & made gorgeous innovative foods @ her high-end famous restaurant!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome spotlight Luvs. Like Mama, I found it a very enjoyable read and a good insight to who you are. GREAT job!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, this was wonderful!

Now, tell us .... is there another story behind your being afraid of zebras????

Lee

cookingirl

Luvs!!
I absolutely loved reading about you!! You are incredible!!!:clap::clap:
You should be so proud of yourself!!!:applause:
thank you for the insight!!! wow!!!:wow:
:heart::heart:
cyn

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thank you guys. my pix didn't appear though maybe they'll work @ some point.

think clownsthe way so many have this irrational phobia of them
that's me & zebras.

lee, as 4 the zebra thing, me & my friend were returning from some shopping years ago & i started to have a moment of panic after the image of a zebra went through my mind & since then so much as zebra-print stuff makes me scream! my loving family has incessantly picked on me over it, haha!

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
hey, thre buzz- i get the 'x' yet on my 'puter. aw, well. thanks though!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great spotlight! Best of luck in getting your health back and finishing school :thumb: